Page 311 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 2112613013073083093103113123133143153213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    Boom!

Got the job.

Just need to wait on the offer, and then I can get out of this bullshit 60 hour week that I'm pulling at the moment.

Well done!
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Way to go Hod!
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Congrats, Hod! Well done!

BTW, what was the "very good question" you asked in the interview? Rather, was it specific to that job, or could a variation of it be applicable universally?
    It was specific to the job, but I suppose if you took the context away, it could be used generally.

I was aware of another work stream going on to integrate all engineering works over a give year period into certain packages of access, so we don't visit the same area twice over those five years, rather than doing it year by year as we do at the moment.

My question was whether the role I was applying for had any link into that, or even if that link had been realised and understood.

So I suppose the advice would be find out about anything that is in development that may affect the role you want, and ask if that affect is understood yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    It was specific to the job, but I suppose if you took the context away, it could be used generally.

I was aware of another work stream going on to integrate all engineering works over a give year period into certain packages of access, so we don't visit the same area twice over those five years, rather than doing it year by year as we do at the moment.

My question was whether the role I was applying for had any link into that, or even if that link had been realised and understood.

So I suppose the advice would be find out about anything that is in development that may affect the role you want, and ask if that affect is understood yet.
    Fantastic. Thank you.

BANNED

also helpful interview hint

keep your pants on

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

keep your pants on
    unless you are interviewing on "No Pants Thursdays"

if that is the case?

then THIS is the proper attire:

http://www.deadgoodundies.com/files/...rd-front-1.jpg
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post

keep your pants on
    Indeed. Another one I've found handy: don't chop up rails of coke while being interviewed. Even if you've brought enough to share.

BANNED

Indeed. Another one I've found handy: don't chop up rails of coke while being interviewed. Even if you've brought enough to share.
    and definitely do not do rails off the desk of the person interviewing you, unless you ask first

it's gauche

Unless you're Rodney Dangerfield auditioning for Caddyshack.

Which, in fairness, not a lot of people are.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    "Life During Wartime" by the Talking Heads. '78, I think, off of "Fear of Music".
    There's excellent version on the double live album The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Or else, Pizza is gonna send out for you.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

What...what am I looking at?

I could swear I've shown you Spaceballs.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    If loving new Cbr is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Less cursing.
    More inclusive.

No God vs Science threads.

Oops. Well 2 out of 3 isnt bad.

I don't think I am gonna engage in those anymore. its pretty much people statuing their beliefs. What is there to discuss?
    Well on the old board there was a thread discussing religion vs atheism(or something along those lines). It wasn't in the comic book rumble forum, but rather just a discussion about the realities of the way "God" acts, etc. It was interesting, but it was closed down(prior to the incident that caused all topics to be locked). It can be interesting to discuss those things as long as nobody starts a flame war over it.

What...what am I looking at?
    Pizza the Hut, from Spaceballs!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

BANNED

Also has anyone seen this gem?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-31-ac...ry?id=23733214

Dear lord..when you first click it has two pics of her. The one on the left she does look young, but on the right she does not look anywhere near 16 years old. What a silly woman. I mean hell, who in their right mind wants to go BACK to high school?!

Hell, the pathetic thing is the principal of the school doesn't believe police! He is demanding MORE evidence. They give dumb ass reasons why they believed her. Like "oh she did her homework" but..okay, of course she did her damn homework. Why bother going back and faking all this and then not do the work? It would just draw more suspicion.