Page 1 of 1597 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Default CBR Chat

Howdy, folks.

As you might have noticed, we've eliminated the chat threads on the various other boards, as we felt that having dedicated off-topic discussions on each board leads to a fractured, almost tribalistic sense of mini-communities where it was almost like an "us" vs. "them" atmosphere on what should be just one big forum. Just having them all moved to the same board really doesn't change that, it just puts them all on the same board. So instead we've decided to just have one general chat thread for all of CBR's forums.

We understand that this is a bit of a culture shock, but you'll still be able to talk and interact with your old friends from your respective boards, you'll just be doing it in a thread with other people from different boards. Hopefully you'll make new friends, as well.

The rules for this thread are the same as they are for the rest of the forums, just you can talk about anything without worrying about staying on topic.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Brian see this is really whats wrong with the new CBR. Instead of coming into Rita's and saying , guys were changing it and gonna merge the discussion threads all into one ok. To make it open....your locking ...deleting and locking stuff ASAP. I mean was there ever a problem with Rita's ? I liked Rita's. It was a homage to what made CBR , CBR. Its like this place is pissing all over its past to force posters to do certain things. Its taking the fun from CBR.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This is...surprising. It's like instead of having our own clubhouse, we just have this one bar.

I know that's what you wanted, but still...

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

IAM Marvel Community will be relocating to the Bendis board.

I really wish it hadn't come to this.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." – RolandJP

BANNED

Walmart has Generic Twinkies that taste as good as the originals. or So I found.

Agree with SUPER. Some transparency, warning, information, etc. would be nice. Otherwise, what's the point of posting if we don't know the rules because they haven't been made clear? Besides being nice to each other, it's really unclear what's allowed and what's not allowed. For gawdsakes mods, give us the guidelines first.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I kinda get what you're going for, but I don't think it was so much 'tribalistic' as just like a Skype call between you and a group of friends. Now it seems like it's just gonna be more chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Brian see this is really whats wrong with the new CBR. Instead of coming into Rita's and saying , guys were changing it and gonna merge the discussion threads all into one ok. To make it open....your locking ...deleting and locking stuff ASAP. I mean was there ever a problem with Rita's ? I liked Rita's. It was a homage to what made CBR , CBR. Its like this place is pissing all over its past to force posters to do certain things. Its taking the fun from CBR.
    You're just pissed there'll be no more Rita's Championships for you.

I mean I like bars and all, but the old chat threads felt more like an in house party.

Oh well.

As the saying goes ...this went over like a fart in church.

Again CBR means well....but guess what...the idea is kinda wrong. The discussion threads were groups of people who got along 90% of the time and had their own groups they clicked with. Its like forcing various ethnic groups together to have 1 place and be in peace. Not realizing they have little in common and won't.

Also I love the new CBR motto of...if there is even a hint of negativity...delete it. Honestly ...is this what you want to run now ? A comic book forum where even the legit hint of negativity gets deleted ? Because honestly you have a hell of a job ahead because its the internet and no one can stop every negative thing from popping up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Howdy, folks.

As you might have noticed, we've eliminated the chat threads on the various other boards, as we felt that having dedicated off-topic discussions on each board leads to a fractured, almost tribalistic sense of mini-communities where it was almost like an "us" vs. "them" atmosphere on what should be just one big forum. Just having them all moved to the same board really doesn't change that, it just puts them all on the same board. So instead we've decided to just have one general chat thread for all of CBR's forums.

We understand that this is a bit of a culture shock, but you'll still be able to talk and interact with your old friends from your respective boards, you'll just be doing it in a thread with other people from different boards. Hopefully you'll make new friends, as well.

The rules for this thread are the same as they are for the rest of the forums, just you can talk about anything without worrying about staying on topic.
    You do realize it's either going to become a clusterfuck or just no one will post here right?

Making an all encompassing chat is extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Donald M. View Post
    You're just pissed there'll be no more Rita's Championships for you.
    To be fair I could crown myself the CBR Chat Champion now. But being honest read my last post. Its really becoming insanely funny at this point. With this going negative will Brian be deleting it all ? Hell what is negative anymore ? I could post a thread joking about Chris Brown and the wrong Mod could come in and go....damn that is negative...let me delete that.

It's just a little excessive. We're going to end up as one forum only at this rate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As the saying goes ...this went over like a fart in church.

Again CBR means well....but guess what...the idea is kinda wrong. The discussion threads were groups of people who got along 90% of the time and had their own groups they clicked with. Its like forcing various ethnic groups together to have 1 place and be in peace. Not realizing they have little in common and won't.

Also I love the new CBR motto of...if there is even a hint of negativity...delete it. Honestly ...is this what you want to run now ? A comic book forum where even the legit hint of negativity gets deleted ? Because honestly you have a hell of a job ahead because its the internet and no one can stop every negative thing from popping up.

This

You can't delete every hint of negativity unless you want to be a tyrant

What the hell.