Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Hope it gets better soon, then.
    Hopefully. It's a tad frustrating especially since I thought my hearing had finally been sorted out when I got the hearing aids in November 2014. Ah well LOL at least my sinus has cleared with that nasal spray LOL.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

batnbreakfast thinks so?:

Juliette Lewis woulda made a great Harey Quinn (actually I don't like HQ). Perfect personality match. I like her music and her personality has grown on me (didn't like her 10 years ago).
    DiCaprio would make a great Bruce Wayne imo. Not the looks but the real life fits. Are there more matches of actors and comic characters? I'm bored/depressed. Help me out.
    I'd put her acting style as way too languid for the hyper-kinetic Harley. Harley's not bored and disaffected like Mallory Knox.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone. Well, today is Groundhog Day, hopefully, that miserable rodent won't see his shadow because I am so DONE with winter!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Punxsutawney Phil's accuracy rate...39%

I wouldn't put away the heavy gloves and boots quite yet.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Well I finished a chapter on the story I'm writing so I'm chuffed LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Punxsutawney Phil's accuracy rate...39%

I wouldn't put away the heavy gloves and boots quite yet.
    Sure, but we all play along so he feels important. It's good to feel like you have a purpose in life.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well I finished a chapter on the story I'm writing so I'm chuffed LOL.
    What are you writing?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    What are you writing?
    It's called ''Shadows'' it's basically about a group of people who were raised to be assassins by the C.I.A that ended up being disbanded and it's set after-wards. Of course, some of them have gone rogue LOL.

The chapter I finished last night was the 33rd chapter of it LOL.

It's not a ''masterpiece'' by any means, as overall there'd be a load of things you could point out that's wrong with it, but I'm having fun with it and I feel like the chapter I did last night was arguably one of the best I've done with the story.

It's called ''Shadows'' it's basically about a group of people who were raised to be assassins by the C.I.A that ended up being disbanded and it's set after-wards. Of course, some of them have gone rogue LOL.

It's not a ''masterpiece'' by any means, as overall there'd be a load of things you could point out that's wrong with it, but I'm having fun with it and I feel like the chapter I did last night was arguably one of the best I've done with the story.
    Sounds like it could be a fun story. My wife is an author, and if there's one thing I've learned from her, it's that you write for yourself first.

This is so wonderful! I think writing is one of the most self-rewarding experiences ever. And the plot sounds really good. Worry about editing only when you finish the line, then everything will seem clearer. Would be nice to see it one day public.
    "I can't let them shoot me at sunrise! I hate waking up so early!" / Daredevil Vol 1 009

Quote Originally Posted by darediva View Post
    This is so wonderful! I think writing is one of the most self-rewarding experiences ever. And the plot sounds really good. Worry about editing only when you finish the line, then everything will seem clearer. Would be nice to see it one day public.
    Well, as to whether it's any good I'll leave that to anyone who reads it to decide, though I'd like to think there are at least a few good things that I've done with it. I am thinking of joining one of those websites where you post your stories online, the only problem might be that the stories are on ''A4'' size LOL and I don't know the page limit to the websites so I'd have to check that out.

It is fun though that's for sure, I especially love writing Michelle (the leader of the Rogue Shadows LOL) I have her as this really nasty, old-fashioned out-and-out villain LOL. I go a bit overboard sometimes with her but sod it I enjoy it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Sounds like it could be a fun story. My wife is an author, and if there's one thing I've learned from her, it's that you write for yourself first.
    Yeah that's what I'm doing at the moment. I'm enjoying it at least which is the main thing (Especially since it's not like anyone is paying me to do it or buying it to read LOL)

Anyhow ''Shadows'' is just one story I'm working on.

I'm also working on ''Daughter of Satan'', ''Transformation'', ''The Vigilante'' and I'm also doing a fan-fic of ''Legends of Tomorrow'' where I do what I'd have done if I were in charge LOL I'm also planning a ''Shadows UK'' Spin-off as well but haven't started that yet LOL.
    Last edited by John Ossie; 02-02-2016 at 09:41 AM.

My dad's necklace that I always wear broke a couple of weeks ago and I finally got a new lace or whatever it's called. This is a pretty good day for me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    My dad's necklace that I always wear broke a couple of weeks ago and I finally got a new lace or whatever it's called. This is a pretty good day for me.
    Nice! pleased you got a new lace.

Nice! pleased you got a new lace.
    Me too, it was weird not wearing it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I can imagine since you were used to wearing it.