Page 1568 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 56810681468151815581564156515661567156815691570157115721578 ... LastLast
Results 23,506 to 23,520 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I dunno if any UK based fans even watch the show or care but.....

After suffering the misfortune of being picked up by the utterly pathetic Channel 5 in this country, only to get dropped after the second season leaving fans of the show hanging, Gotham has a new home in E4.

Channel 5 have form on this. Picking up a big US TV show, hyping it up but then dropping it. I could live with that if the average show on the station wasn't aimed at utter morons. If I could only get that station cancelled and take a discount on my TV license .

It's only starting with Season 4 so it appears that Season 3 will never get shown on terrestrial TV on these shores. Good news anyway.
    Wow I didn't know E4 have picked up Gotham. I've only seen the first series. All 3 series are on Netflix though if you have access to that.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Wow I didn't know E4 have picked up Gotham. I've only seen the first series. All 3 series are on Netflix though if you have access to that.
    I don't have Netflix. I think I'm the only person I know that doesn't. It's okay, I'll get around to picking the DVD boxset up for cheap at some stage.

It's a decent watch. Hardly an outstanding show but entertaining enough. It plays around with the Batman mythology a great deal and boasts some super hot actresses. One of them, a Canadian actress called Jessica Lucas, makes my jaw drop. She was also in one of the Coldplay videos. Her and Chris Martin were wearing some kind of fat-suits in it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Don't blame you. Either way, I am really excited for the WC. I got my exam timetable today and I finish with ample time!
    I'm usually excited for World Cups but I'm struggling with this one. Can't put my finger on why really. I always pick an underdog to support though, so I'll probably pick Peru or Panama.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I'm usually excited for World Cups but I'm struggling with this one. Can't put my finger on why really. I always pick an underdog to support though, so I'll probably pick Peru or Panama.
    The whole Russian subcontext is a bit worrying.

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask for some minor help/ advice, its about protecting rare comics. What would be the best aside from the CGC cases? I often hear mylites are great and been thinking buying the standard sizes for issues like new Mutants 98 and 87 and another mylites pack but for silver age and then getting Top Load Holders 5mm wide opening(Magazine, 9 1/2" x11") from hotflips to place them in but I have heard a few negative things about mylites. Any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by devil leonx; 03-23-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    Hello everyone, I wanted to ask for some minor help/ advice, its about protecting rare comics. What would be the best aside from the CGC cases? I often hear mylites are great and been thinking buying the standard sizes for issues like new Mutants 98 and 87 and another mylites pack but for silver age and then getting Top Load Holders 5mm wide opening(Magazine, 9 1/2" x11") from hotflips to place them in but I have heard a few negative things about mylites. Any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure. If you don't get a reply on this thread then the best thing for you to do is start a thread asking the same question on the 'Collected Editions & Classic Comics' board. You are bound to get a good answer to your query there.

This thread is mainly for run-of-the-mill chit-chat, often unrelated to comics themselves. Good luck.

Extraordinary Member

Some good football today.

Some good football today.
    What have you been watching? Some of those internationals?

Extraordinary Member

What have you been watching? Some of those internationals?
    Nah I'm back south and saw Leyton Orient pick up a nice 3-0 win. Also came home and discovered Coventry picked up a good 4-0 win!

Nah I'm back south and saw Leyton Orient pick up a nice 3-0 win. Also came home and discovered Coventry picked up a good 4-0 win!
    Nice one. Two clubs there that have had some fair setbacks in recent history. Good to know they both did well for you today.

It's back to back MLS games for me right now. There was FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers before (1-1) and Columbus Crew are hosting DC United right now (0-0 after five minutes).

Extraordinary Member

Nice one. Two clubs there that have had some fair setbacks in recent history. Good to know they both did well for you today.

It's back to back MLS games for me right now. There was FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers before (1-1) and Columbus Crew are hosting DC United right now (0-0 after five minutes).
    Yeah neither has had a good time. Poor ownership in both cases, sadly.

How is Liam Ridgewell doing? I think he is playing for the timbers?

Yeah neither has had a good time. Poor ownership in both cases, sadly.

How is Liam Ridgewell doing? I think he is playing for the timbers?
    Bad owners indeed. Coventry City are the ultimate example of a badly run football club at present. The list of mistakes that a couple of different owners have made with that club is without equal.

Ridgewell does play for Portland yeah. He wasn't playing tonight though for whatever reason.

Extraordinary Member

Bad owners indeed. Coventry City are the ultimate example of a badly run football club at present. The list of mistakes that a couple of different owners have made with that club is without equal.

Ridgewell does play for Portland yeah. He wasn't playing tonight though for whatever reason.
    Oh thats odd. I thought he was a crucial member of the team.

Blackburn have also been ran poorly, but they look like they are going back up this season.

Oh thats odd. I thought he was a crucial member of the team.

Blackburn have also been ran poorly, but they look like they are going back up this season.
    Maybe Ridgewell is ill or injured or something. The TV commentary never made a mention of it as far as I know. Columbus Crew 3-1 up at home to DC United at half time.

Yeah, I think that Blackburn are gonna get themselves promoted back to a respectable level of football again this season. Their recent demise has been observed with some merriment from the Burnley fans that live around me.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Ridgewell is ill or injured or something. The TV commentary never made a mention of it as far as I know. Columbus Crew 3-1 up at home to DC United at half time.

Yeah, I think that Blackburn are gonna get themselves promoted back to a respectable level of football again this season. Their recent demise has been observed with some merriment from the Burnley fans that live around me.
    Fair play. Where do you watch MLS?

Burnley fans have cause to be happy this season. How are Preston doing?