Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member

After months of deliberation I have chosen my desires unis. The list is scary!!!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Does anyone remember a CBR article I think for "The Line it is Drawn" or "Comics Should Be Good" where they were asking artists for fan art featuring a bunch of mash-ups or something like that and they had a long list of them? To be clear I'm not looking for an archive of past articles and art. This was a huge list of stuff they were asking artists to create. Having trouble finding it again, should have bookmarked it and have had no luck using normal search methods.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Those prints are awesome Bert. Love the Faith No More poster. Well done.
    thanks.

FNM are doing prints for every show on the tour. (different artists doing them in batches. .the Tara McPhearson ones are amazing as well, can't post them as I did a few weeks ago, and they were deleted by a Mod).

you can buy them online tho.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    thanks.

FNM are doing prints for every show on the tour. (different artists doing them in batches. .the Tara McPhearson ones are amazing as well, can't post them as I did a few weeks ago, and they were deleted by a Mod).

you can buy them online tho.
    Thank you. I'm going shopping then.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Thank you. I'm going shopping then.
    http://www.secretserpents.com/2015-1...=newest&page=1

the Tara McPhearson ones are at the top of this page linked.

note: there are variants of each too. . tho I'm not a fan of the "foil" effect on most of em. But be sure to check em out!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sadly , I did try to ask the Mods in the CBR Q & A about the whole CBR News spam that is posted on TV/Film ; no go on fixing that. Today I saw like 6-8 threads and scrolled down past them and it was like some weird type of insane spam. I suggested they do a sub-forum where CBR News can post every news piece possible. but it ain't gonna happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

CBR News is no spam, CBR News is management talking.
    But I still wish they wouldn't start a new thread for every detail about a certain film/TV show/comic article/etc
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fantastic Member

Well it is their website so, I don't understand why anyone would expect them not to post what they deem worthy of a thread. We are the guests in their house and they're serving what they want. No one's making you consume it. Just pass the bowl to the next person.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    CBR News is no spam, CBR News is management talking.
    But I still wish they wouldn't start a new thread for every detail about a certain film/TV show/comic article/etc
    It oddly seems like it in a way though and if you read below you can see where I'm coming from in a way. I do wish they would like...try and do 2 updates a day ya know possibly. Like at 12pm Pacific time , post all major things in one thread. With links to the main page. Then 6-7 hours do another post with major things linked.

Today for example .....its 4:30 PM Eastern time here where I'm posting and there is 18 News Posts on the TV/Film board. Of the 30 posts 18 of those were made today by whoever is doing it. That is 18 in one day folks...or from 5:46am as one thread tells us to I think 1:30pm Pacific time. (And with more hours of time I suspect they will push that number past 20 lol)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    Well it is their website so, I don't understand why anyone would expect them not to post what they deem worthy of a thread. We are the guests in their house and they're serving what they want. No one's making you consume it. Just pass the bowl to the next person.
    Yes it is their board and website. But again they ask people to speak up on things and well I gotta speak up on this. There has to be a better way I'd think than 18 threads in nearly 9 hours . But I will accept what they do ...it is their board. Its just I'm a critic of this and will always be a critic of it lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The CBR News threads are pretty much an automated process. Though a number the of the staff of the CBR main site have access to it.

Every article on the main site and some on the blogs will get a thread. It's meant to generate more traffic to the main site (people reading the article from the forums) and more traffic to the forums (people posting about the article).
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 08-26-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    The CBR News threads are pretty much an automated process. Every article on the main site and some on the blogs will get a thread. It's meant to generate more traffic to the main site (people reading the article from the forums) and more traffic to the forums (people posting about the article).
    I can understand it Brandon I do. The site needs traffic for sure. I can get that. I wish there was something better to ....ya know thin it down a little. Instead of a constant stream of News Pieces it seems. I never knew there was that much news to post 18 updates in that amount of time to be honest.

Was the old CBR like this ? I mean I was around for years from 2002-2014 and maybe my mind doesn't remember it so well. I never noticed it as bad If it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Was the old CBR like this ? I mean I was around for years from 2002-2014 and maybe my mind doesn't remember it so well. I never noticed it as bad If it was.
    If I remember correctly, The CBR News account/threads has been around since at least 2011. There just happens to be more content on the main site now. Especially all the comic based TV/movie based news.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hanvey View Post
    If I remember correctly, The CBR News account/threads has been around since at least 2011. There just happens to be more content on the main site now. Especially all the comic based TV/movie based news.
    Maybe a solution would be to take those TV castings where there is a bunch (and this is an example) "Jessie Quick cast for Flash , Negan cast rumors Walking Dead and Mr. Terrific cast !"

And a link can go to all 3 articles on the main page. This way its 1 thread (and not 3 different threads) . I suggested a sub-forum in the Q & A forum as a solution possibly. Where only CBR News can post from the TV/Film board (like the old Wrasslin sub-forum you created). They can post as many news pieces and people can reply on them.

Fantastic Member

Yes it is their board and website. But again they ask people to speak up on things and well I gotta speak up on this. There has to be a better way I'd think than 18 threads in nearly 9 hours . But I will accept what they do ...it is their board. Its just I'm a critic of this and will always be a critic of it lol.
    As curt of an answer as the thread got and then immediately locked seems that this request has been either brought up too much, or it is his response to you being a critic, as you say you are. As far as the old forum, I don't remember it being this way either. But then there wasn't as many comic related TV/movie news to report as there is now. Though I probably hadn't been to the forum in almost a year before it was closed, as I can't say within that time. But early CBR, no there just wasn't as much going on with comic book related movies and TV as there is now.
    Last edited by bloodofthegods; 08-26-2015 at 02:17 PM.

And a link can go to all 3 articles on the main page. This way its 1 thread (and not 3 different threads) . I suggested a sub-forum in the Q & A forum as a solution possibly. Where only CBR News can post from the TV/Film board (like the old Wrasslin sub-forum you created). They can post as many news pieces and people can reply on them.
    That would probably generate less traffic for the main site since a lot would just skip over the forum since it would be a mix of various topics that the main site covers. Which in turn have less traffic for the forums since fewer people, other than those reading from the main site, would be posting in the threads.

By having the threads being in "on-topic" forum, people interested in that subject are more likely to click on the thread and then click on the link.