Page 45 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955951455451045 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    So what do my Ultimate mates think? Should we migrate to somewhere else or rage againts CBR moderators for their decisions?
    I plan on simply rolling with the changes. We'll still be the regulars on the Ultimate-related topics, and we can still hang out here. I'm keeping an eye out for my UltiBros.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    44 pages.

I pity the mod in charge of going over this.
    It would probably help if they shifted some of the abundant mods in charge of the X-Appreciation thread board to the community board.

BANNED

44 pages.

They'll never survive.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Who else is happy it is Friday? Woo, the weekend!
    I've had this weekend on the brain for months. Amazing Spider-Man 2 + Free Comic Book Day = SO MUCH WIN.

BANNED

I'm off to see Pompeii soon, because i simply can't wait for the next Game of Thrones episode.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Thank you CBR for doing this. It was a great idea to break up all the tribes/cliques. Now we are one CBR community. No more hiding out.
    We are one nation, united under Xenu.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Nearly 50 pages over night!

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Embrace the madness.

Laughed so hard at this gif

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This will end in fire.
    Just noticed you were the last Rita's poster (possibly ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post
    Oh, and some of you may require this: http://make-everything-ok.com/
    Bookmarked on Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedocwife View Post
    Yep, jodoc and I going to Facebook, Only going to do cover contest for now.
    You and Jodoc should check out the new Classic Comics Forum (if you haven't already registered). I know he posted there sometimes. Lots of familiar faces.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

44 pages.

That is what snitchin is for.. See something...say something. PM a mod.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Laughed so hard at this gif
    Space Museum is some crazy stuff. heh.

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

"Us vs. them." Ugh. This is so stupid. It's called "friend groups." This'd be like if the principal required all lunch tables to contain one member from every clique. The Breakfast Club by force, not mutual understanding. We had individual threads and talked on the ones we liked to about topics we had in common. This is excessive, drastic, and not solving any problems.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

I used to run my old guild in World of Warcraft. In that game there were only 2 types of guilds: Casual and Hardcore. That game has a serious elitism epidemic and my guild was fashioned as a casual guild - a refuge where people could play however they wanted without someone trying to tell them they are playing wrong or typical jerk behavior/bullying. I had a zero tolerance policy in my guild for such behavior. It was not completely safe however, we still had to venture outside of our guild to enjoy content like dungeons/raids and I recall several circumstances where my wife was bullied by other people for any reason they saw fit. She was kicked a couple of times from the dungeon group for absolutely no reason. From then on I made sure our dungeon groups had at least 3 guild members (usually me, my wife, and a friend), which made any of us completely kick-proof.

When you voice such grievances in a toxic community it becomes a tedious game of blame the victim. It is a revelation to see CBR have a zero tolerance policy towards bullies/jerks/elitists, etc. and I am very pleased with the results so far....if only they would do something about those Appreciation threads and my week will be complete.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    "Us vs. them." Ugh. This is so stupid. It's called "friend groups." This'd be like if the principal required all lunch tables to contain one member from every clique. The Breakfast Club by force, not mutual understanding. We had individual threads and talked on the ones we liked to about topics we had in common. This is excessive, drastic, and not solving any problems.
    Are you gonna eat them tots? Can I have em?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    This is excessive, drastic, and not solving any problems.
    Sure it does. It forces cats and dogs to play well together - instead of just ignoring or otherwise avoiding people. Those that cannot handle being inclusive either leave or act out and get banned.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Are you gonna eat them tots? Can I have em?
    I actually quite liked grade school for one very specific reason - it did force people who would never interact to in fact interact. I miss that.
    Pull List

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I'm off to see Pompeii soon, because i simply can't wait for the next Game of Thrones episode.
    On a related note, did you ever see The Legend of Hercules? I noticed it at the Redbox yesterday, and it looks awful. I almost rented it.