Page 1594 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 594109414941544158415901591159215931594159515961597 LastLast
Results 23,896 to 23,910 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yep! 1984 rules!
    There's a good chance I'm older though since I was born in February, so assuming you were born after the 19th February than you can call me old man LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    There's a good chance I'm older though since I was born in February, so assuming you were born after the 19th February than you can call me old man LOL.
    Yeah you are older. I'm October lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Thanks guys!

I had a superb birthday! Got a cool book to read, some money for a 'treat' and a nice meal : )

Mighty Member

This question is for the genre enthusiasts (is that even a real term lol? Idk) on here. Are there any works of fiction that take place in a 1970s retro futuristic setting? When we talk about retrofuturism it's always takes place in the 40s or the 60s. But never the 70s.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I turned 20 once....in 1979. God, I feel so damn OLD!
    I turned 20 in '86...a watershed year in comics!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    This question is for the genre enthusiasts (is that even a real term lol? Idk) on here. Are there any works of fiction that take place in a 1970s retro futuristic setting? When we talk about retrofuturism it's always takes place in the 40s or the 60s. But never the 70s.
    This was the first thing I thought of a movie from a couple of years ago called Space Station 76.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Station_76

Personally, I enjoyed it, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I turned 20 in early 2007, felt I had a bright future ahead of me... then three months later, I registered at CBR. And it's been a downhill slide ever since! :P
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I turned 20 in early 2007, felt I had a bright future ahead of me... then three months later, I registered at CBR. And it's been a downhill slide ever since! :P
    Must be a link!

Great news today regarding those kids and their coach who were trapped in the cave. They've all been rescued

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Great news today regarding those kids and their coach who were trapped in the cave. They've all been rescued
    Terrific effort also from those who came to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Terrific effort also from those who came to help.
    Quoted in agreement.

It was pretty much a worldwide effort to save them all. Brilliant coming together of people to get them out.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Around a quarter past two this morning, I was awakened by the sound of gunfire. Even though it turned out the shooting happened around the corner from my street (an half block area was cordoned off by cops as I left for work), it was so damn loud, I'd swear the shots were fired right outside my door. The thing was, it didn't frighten me, I was awake for a few minutes, then went back to sleep, resigned to the fact that was kinda sorta like a semi-regular occurance in the troubled neighborhood I live in and, sadly, I've gotten used to it. As much as I would love to move and get away from the madness, unfortunately, I can't afford to leave, so I just have to deal with it and hope I can live out my days in peace without being personally touched by the violence.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Around a quarter past two this morning, I was awakened by the sound of gunfire. Even though it turned out the shooting happened around the corner from my street (an half block area was cordoned off by cops as I left for work), it was so damn loud, I'd swear the shots were fired right outside my door. The thing was, it didn't frighten me, I was awake for a few minutes, then went back to sleep, resigned to the fact that was kinda sorta like a semi-regular occurance in the troubled neighborhood I live in and, sadly, I've gotten used to it. As much as I would love to move and get away from the madness, unfortunately, I can't afford to leave, so I just have to deal with it and hope I can live out my days in peace without being personally touched by the violence.
    Oh wow.....

Sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live somewhere with that sort of thing going on. Hopefully the violence gets sorted out and the neighbourhood improves for you.