Thread: CBR Chat

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

No, sorry Shawn. Now, if you were looking for a kitchen remodel in Sheffield...
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone! I'm not sure if I've mentioned this lately, but I hate winter! Right now, it's all of 9 degrees outside with wind chills around 1 degree, ONE! And things aren't supposed to get any better after sunrise with an expected "high" today of 26. URGH!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

But it's Superbowl Sunday...and even though the NFL is fixed, it's still fun
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Random Musing of the Moment: I keep saying to friends that if I win the Lottery for some obscene amount of money (say, $100 million and up), I'm going to pull up stakes and move to Arizona to get away from all the miserable cold and snow of winter. But could I really do that? Leave behind family, friends and the only hometown I've ever known? Hmm! A most interesting conundrum!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Random Musing of the Moment: I keep saying to friends that if I win the Lottery for some obscene amount of money (say, $100 million and up), I'm going to pull up stakes and move to Arizona to get away from all the miserable cold and snow of winter. But could I really do that? Leave behind family, friends and the only hometown I've ever known? Hmm! A most interesting conundrum!
    I could. I'd be in Florida so fast it would give people whiplash

hey wait it's not Superbowl Sunday. I must've doubled up on my stupid pills again

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    I could. I'd be in Florida so fast it would give people whiplash
    HA! Good for you!

HA! Good for you!
    I love it down around Madeira beach

I really SO could not give less of a crap that it's Superbowl.

yawn.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Its superbowl?

Tomorrow.

My wife is excited for the commercials and the Katy Perry halftime show, at least.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Kinda random but not sure where else to ask. My local comic store closed recently and I'm not a big fan of digital comics, anybody know if its possible to have comics mailed to my house monthly somehow?
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Kinda random but not sure where else to ask. My local comic store closed recently and I'm not a big fan of digital comics, anybody know if its possible to have comics mailed to my house monthly somehow?
    G-mart is the best. As long as you are willing to order your comics in advance, you get 35-75% off of new comics. Yes their website is terrible but its functional for what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    G-mart is the best. As long as you are willing to order your comics in advance, you get 35-75% off of new comics. Yes their website is terrible but its functional for what you need to do.
    I'll check it out, thanks.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I can answer this as I had the same cognitive dissonance before I started moving about, Arizona being one of my stomping grounds as well. One, you convince as many of them to get in one the move with you. This resolves the problem and adds that you have those combined resources going in. The second is for those you end up not convincing to move. It turns out it's okay to stay in contact virtually and come and visit each other every now and then. I found that little changes and as a result we never leave anything behind since it's always there as it was. Obviously if you had the aforementioned next egg this is much easier, though not actually necessary.
    I make love, you make me sick.