Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    She's a good looking woman.
    She is very easy on the eyes
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Afternoon anybodies.

My DISH minutes are up and the internet slow. I swear there's no constancy to this and the suspicions that the counter might be broke may have merit. That or I'm seeing the end result of my mother being introduced to and becoming addicted to Candy Crush?
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Afternoon anybodies.

My DISH minutes are up and the internet slow. I swear there's no constancy to this and the suspicions that the counter might be broke may have merit. That or I'm seeing the end result of my mother being introduced to and becoming addicted to Candy Crush?
    I haven't been on here in awhile, it feels good to be back.

I actually just got Google Fiber over here and the internet hasn't slowed once.

TGIF! And it's a three day weekend. Now if I can just get through this work day...

I have DishNet with a cap. It's all good until that cap is reached. Still it's faster than the dial-up I used to have so not a lot of complaints. I have media files to upload but I get extra speed after midnight and can handle that then.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

BANNED

I'm really glad to see that the moderation team here stomps any MRA rumblings with an iron boot. That's the most toxic element that can take over a community, just look at the malignant growth that is Reddit. Under NUCBR rules we aren't really allowed to fight back, so we have to depend on the mods to keep them out.

I said it before I think but reading an article about how the brass here took that stuff seriously is why I decided to pop in here. I've read into some sites that have shameful atmospheres enough to where I'm withdrawn about posting on sites much less ever bother reading comments sections in depth anymore. I didn't know what you meant by Reddit. The only time I remember hearing something about that site was an article about a girl who sells her dirty underpants there which of course...says a lot out the gate. I just searched " MRA Reddit " though and yeah, that looks like a real mess of a swap meet. So yes, props to this place for actually caring and minding the borders.

BANNED

Yeah, even though I don't agree with all the moderator decisions here and have been on the bad end of some of them, I'm glad that CBR has some standards.

I got my wisdom teeth pulled after having them be in my mouth for years. God it was hell. Six in all. I can't remember a more painful experience. I think what made it worse was that I had some cavities in those areas. The novocaine they shot in your mouth was torture too. Had about eight shots before it all began.

I needed to start the plans for fixing my teeth though even though it's been costly thus far. I paid out of pocket for the first two things I did: deep cleaning and wisdom teeth removal. Now the next step is getting braces. My dentist specializes in braces at her practice and keeps pushing me towards getting them, but I really want invisalign. I don't think she deals with invisalign much, and she told me I probably wouldn't be a great candidate for it. Apparantely I have some crowding in the lower front and a slight cross bite at the top (isn't invisalign designed to fix all this though?) However after doing some research myself and seeing what invisalign can do for people with even worse cases than mine, I'm really skeptical. I don't think that she's lying, but I got the feeling she wants me to just get the braces for some reason. I want to get a second opinion though. I know in about a week when I get my stitching removed for the wisdom teeth I'll be asked again. I want to see an orthodontist that specializes in invisalign in the bay area. I get the feeling I'll be told I'd be a great candidate. I hate having to tell my dentist I'll be looking elsewhere so that's going to suck. I just have the feeling I'm being played for the practice's benefit is all.

By the way, I think I should get dental insurance now. I'm thinking of utilizing Covered California for dental. There cutoff is in about three days I think. Does anyone have experience with this? I remember getting Covered California for medical and it was a nightmare. The website was extremely confusing. I was there was a place I could go to talk person to person for this kind of thing. And over the phone doesn't help either. I need someone to literally show me the piece of paper and talk to me about options. Or maybe I shouldn't go with Covered California. I think I only needed that for medical anyway. Perhaps I could look into other dental insurance. But I would think it would be good to have everything under the same umbrella? I don't know. I'm confused. I just know I wouldn't be getting insurance through my work because I only work part time at my place.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 02-12-2015 at 07:47 PM.

I haven't been back to Cali in awhile and can't remember what the plan types where though. Most come with dental in the US though but it's usually not stated rather something you have to call in to get the information/numbers on. Personally I pay monthly for platinum medical/prescription/dental and it's been on of my better choices. One of my surgeries, just the surgery and nothing else like the anesthesiologist or anything, cost over 6k alone for that evening. My prescriptions are from $100 on up a script. So the ends justify the means and if I didn't have the insurance I probably would have defaulted on a service bill or something along the way here. I guess it boils down to if your yearly medical costs are higher than your premium would be for the year totaled. If your getting more dental work then it's pretty much a shoe in for you. Not sure what CC entails. Usually one either speaks to a person at an administrative office or calls and has a rep come meet them. I did the later for my insurance. Search indicates you would meet with a " certified enrollment counselor ". and by the insurances type it's probably the kind of thing you inquire about at your local Health Care and/or Social Services building (arranging the in person meeting I mean). Good luck with that either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I'm really glad to see that the moderation team here stomps any MRA rumblings with an iron boot. That's the most toxic element that can take over a community, just look at the malignant growth that is Reddit. Under NUCBR rules we aren't really allowed to fight back, so we have to depend on the mods to keep them out.
    huh?. . what did I miss?

(what is MRA?)
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Men's Rights Activists. They're referring to the Pick Up Artist thread.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

It's been a fuzzy day and odd enough that it's dawning on me now, but I can't believe I accidentally ended up chatting with Wacker of all people about comic book love.
    Small world. Does that kind of thing happen here often?

Also when I upload images they are really tiny, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Also also bert, I think he means " Men's Rights Activists "? Great cosplay photos BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Also also bert, I think he means " Men's Rights Activists "? Great cosplay photos BTW.
    thanks

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif