Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Or maybe not

The difference between the hype these 'big' games get and the actual quality of them is getting beyond a joke though.
    Sometimes. Then again Mourinho's tactic was basically to park a bus and get a 0-0 draw and that's what he got so I guess it worked for him. Still, I'm reasonably happy as we didn't lose and we were the only team that wanted to score last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones for my iPhone. They're plenty cool!
    Nice. Glad to hear they're working well for you

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Sometimes. Then again Mourinho's tactic was basically to park a bus and get a 0-0 draw and that's what he got so I guess it worked for him. Still, I'm reasonably happy as we didn't lose and we were the only team that wanted to score last night.
    And yet they only managed 3 shots on target. That says it all.

It's a funny thing with Mourinho though. I've never been able to stomach the guy and that extends to him being United manager. Football has that way of biting you in the arse. Be careful who you develop a distaste for, they may end up managing your club one day!

Icardi being captain is still one of them. Heh

As I said Willie. Jose's tactic worked so well that despite the fact we were the only team interested in getting a goal last night we could only manage those three shots on target LOL. I don't see Allardyce managing Liverpool anytime soon though thanks to his greed. Apparently 3 million pounds a year isn't enough for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Icardi being captain is still one of them. Heh
    I watched Inter at the weekend. Deservedly beaten 1-2 at home by Cagliari and Icardi barely seemed to work a sweat. It's sad seeing both Milan clubs in their current state.

I don't see Allardyce managing Liverpool anytime soon though thanks to his greed. Apparently 3 million pounds a year isn't enough for him.
    Indeed. Farcical situation that.

Very much so. Made me LOL though as there'd been rumours about him and Fergie, amongst others, doing stuff like that for years. Now it's all coming out slowly at last.

Very much so. Made me LOL though as there'd been rumours about him and Fergie, amongst others, doing stuff like that for years. Now it's all coming out slowly at last.
    I like how you bring Fergie into it. Again, be careful what you wish for in football. It stopped surprising me a long time ago. You would be better served finding a football manager WITHOUT some sort of skeleton in his closet.

I also like how Allardyce blamed his situation on 'media entrapment', implying that conduct like that is fine as long as you don't get caught. Hilarious.

Hang on, there's a thread somewhere on here isn't there

I watched Inter at the weekend. Deservedly beaten 1-2 at home by Cagliari and Icardi barely seemed to work a sweat. It's sad seeing both Milan clubs in their current state.

It sucks because as an Inter fan (mainly because I hooked up with this girl who supported that team), Icardi's just been eh atm. Though I'm happy that Hertha are doing amazing. I watched them live 3 seasons ago and been a fan.

I like how you bring Fergie into it. Again, be careful what you wish for in football. It stopped surprising me a long time ago. You would be better served finding a football manager WITHOUT some sort of skeleton in his closet.

I also like how Allardyce blamed his situation on 'media entrapment', implying that conduct like that is fine as long as you don't get caught. Hilarious.

Hang on, there's a thread somewhere on here isn't there

There used to be a thread but that seems to have died during the four months I was away LOL.

As for Fergie, well as I say there've been rumours about him for years - Jaap Stam got sold because he blew the whistle over his transfer to United back in the day even. But yeah it's always best to try and get a manager without anything dodgy in his history, makes life so much easier for everyone involved LOL. As for Allardyce blaming it on ''media entrapment'' that's typical of him LOL.

Ah well, at least I've finished the painting for the nursery LOL.

As for Fergie, well as I say there've been rumours about him for years - Jaap Stam got sold because he blew the whistle over his transfer to United back in the day even.

Ah well, at least I've finished the painting for the nursery LOL.
    Oh, the Stam rumour and all it's connotations are almost certainly true.

I'm glad you've finished the nursery. Does it look like this perchance?

Only joking!

Oh, the Stam rumour and all it's connotations are almost certainly true.

I'm glad you've finished the nursery. Does it look like this perchance?

Only joking!
    LOL No, no. If it was up to me I'd have a Liverpool room but the wife made the decision to have the north and south walls painted in the colours of the American flag with the east and west sides being painted in the colours of the Great Britain flag and a white carpet. I did manage to convince me to let me put a Spider-Man cuddly toy on the window sill though LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Watching reruns of Burn Notice. Bruce Campbell shows up in a scene in the third act wearing a shirt I own. It is one of my favorite shirts.
    I really enjoyed the first couple of seasons of Burn Notice. Beyond that - not so much.
    Sort of the same with Dexter. The last season my wife and I just suffered through. It was almost a relief when it finally ended.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Sort of the same with Dexter. The last season my wife and I just suffered through. It was almost a relief when it finally ended.
    The horror. The horror.

Extraordinary Member

Icardi is one of those players who will be more famous for off the field than on it.

Never a godo thing.

Meanwhile I have to translate a passage from The Iliad into English and memorise it all