Thread: CBR Chat

Quick question; Is going to Comic Con on your own, in any way a reduced experience as opposed to going with friends? I am hoping to go to Glasgow Comic Con this year and it is highly unlikely that anybody will be coming with me, and I have never been to one before :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Personally speaking, no. I went to Liverpool's MCM Comic Con last year, and am going again this year, on my own and I didn't find that it reduced my experience. It might help that none of my friends or family members are that particularly interested in Comic Con stuff. If anything I find that I can take my time more and enjoy the stuff more without having to ''hurry up'' and get what I want and go LOL.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

Though of course on the day of the League Cup final I'll be cheering on the Saints
    Wouldn't expect it any other way John.

United were never gonna win the league this season. All the brouhaha during the summer was solely down to Mourinho joining the club. Good result today though. United only have one more League game during February (Watford at home next weekend), it's the cup competitions all the way.

I know it's easy to say this after United have just beaten them but Leicester have only reinforced my earlier comments today. Their defending was appalling and they just looked outright poor at times. Could the champions end up relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Wouldn't expect it any other way John.

United were never gonna win the league this season. All the brouhaha during the summer was solely down to Mourinho joining the club. Good result today though. United only have one more League game during February (Watford at home next weekend), it's the cup competitions all the way.

I know it's easy to say this after United have just beaten them but Leicester have only reinforced my earlier comments today. Their defending was appalling and they just looked outright poor at times. Could the champions end up relegated?
    It'd be a big shock if Leicester did go down but it is a possibility that can't be ruled out as long as they remain as dangerously close to the drop-zone as they are, I remember this time last year when I was rooting for them to win the title for the first time in their history, what a difference a year makes eh? I do wonder if they should've brought in a CB in the Summer as I do feel that maybe last season was the last ''good'' season that Morgan was going to have in the top-flight and he's easily their best defender IMO. He doesn't seem as good as he was last year, then again it's not like Vardy and Mahrez have done anything either really.

Still, I suppose I should, albeit reluctantly, congratulate you on the result. Though naturally I'll be cheering on the Hornets when you play them next week

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Quick question; Is going to Comic Con on your own, in any way a reduced experience as opposed to going with friends? I am hoping to go to Glasgow Comic Con this year and it is highly unlikely that anybody will be coming with me, and I have never been to one before :P
    I think you'll be ok! Might find a group

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think you'll be ok! Might find a group
    I hadn't thought of that when I was responding to him/her earlier. It's true though .

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Why the need for games? She could have just said no.
    Any response would have nice, honestly. Just don't completely disappear like that. I guess she might have just not have had in her to let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Perhaps she just wasn't sure and needed a bit of time to make her mind up. It's always a shame when that happens but sometimes you get blown out.

It's par for the course. At this point I've resigned any expectations to meet anyone. Besides, no matter who I meet they'll always be able to do better. This I know from experience. I'm just tired of it all.

There are probably a lot of Super Bowl parties happening about the place in bars and restaurants or whatever that I could probably go tonight. However, I wouldn't know where to start and such places are so far out of my comfort zone I don't expect I wouldn't seem out of place there just standing around not drinking or socializing or cheering or partaking in any of the merriment while basically everyone else does. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Burnley are easily safe IMO. Their homeform is ridicolously good, and I feel like the less focus on them this time from the media is helping. Last time it was "Can Sean Dyche lead Burnley to success?", now it is a little how Bournemouth were treated. We all know about them and we see their work, but they are keeping themselves out of the media in some senses.

I have a belief that Hull *could* stay up, they look a new team and Niasse is performing decently. They look very capable of staying up. I'd worry for Boro because they have the players but not the tactics, Karanka is ovbiously a good manager but he should utilise the attacking prowress that Boro have.

Swansea could also stay up, but it'll take a superb run for this to happen. I worry for Palace and Leicester.

The mistake made by Swansea was losing their style of play, and not replacing Bony. They were also foolish in not being aggressive in trying to sign Allen (who wanted to return). When I look at their squad, I see so little players of real quality; Llorente, Siggers and that is all. Barrow looks ok but he has gone out on loan. Fer and Montero must do better, Cork hasn't been good and Taylor has lost so much ability.

Sunderland may stay up, but their problems won't go down. Each season its the same, twisted and rather tiring process for them. I feel for their fans, because I recall back in the day (Lol) when Darren Bent and Gyan were doing so well. Ok, Gyan wasn't doing amazingly but Sunderland were a solid unit. Also their squad baffles me a bit, I understand that many of their players are older, but there are still some decent players.

I personally think that in the PL you either go forward or backwards, staying firm is a bad decision. Take Villa. Owner got happy with nothing. They went backwards. Blackburn. New owners were ambitious, but haven't done enough to ge tthem back up. (In Blackburns defence, the season they got relegated they were decent and Yakubu scored at least 14 + goals so it was a tough one). Bolton? Backwards. Swansea? Could and should be pushing for Europa League spots, gone backwards.

Now, Southampton? Forwards each season. A lot of fans seemto hate Le Puel, but he has given them a league cup final and a decent position. Now they have Gabbiadini, I expect them to push onwards a bit. Another team who could have been like Villa were WBA, but they've done *incredibly* well this season. THey have gone forwards. Everton seem to be one of the few teams who can manage to stay in the league with little progression. Same can be said for Arsenal but they are always *fighting* for something. Everton seem to drift between 9th-4th with no optimism.

Rant over!

Each time should be progressing to the following;

Arsenal - Need to challenge for the title, right until the end of the season
    Man City - League challengers
    Utd - Back in the CL
    Liverpool - CL, but arguably could have been the league this season
    Spurs - As a cautious SPurs fan I'd say CL, but we are fighting for the league which is fantastic
    Leicester - Should have been looking to establish themselves as a top 10-8 team, sadly not this season
    Hull - Pushing themselves away from relegation favourites
    Burnley - Survival
    Swansea - Europa League
    Southampton - EL, maybe even CL....
    Bournemouth - Top 10
    Sunderland - 13-11
    Palace - Top ten
    Everton - Europa or CL
    Boro - Survival
    West Ham - Europa league
    Watford - 14-12
    Stoke - top 8
    WBA - Top ten
    Chelsea - League winners

My personal ideas!
    Good post. Our problem was not only not replacing Bony, but not replacing Williams in defence or Ayew up front as well. The owners didn't invest any of that money into new players. Allen I can sort of understand because we didn't really need him as much as players for other positions, but I am gutted we didn't sign him back. Mawson is looking good at centre back but we can't rely on him to replace Williams as it's only his first season with us in the first team. He still needs time to improve but I've no doubt he'll be a future captain for us.

Southampton amaze me every year. The sell a huge chunk of their squad, with most of their important players leaving, but still manage to replace them and progress the season after.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Are we talking about the MCM Comic Con? I've been to quite a few of these over the past few years, and I am finding that their getting worse. They seem to be turning in "Manga Con". Liverpool's was good last year but I only base that on the fact that I managed to get loads of 80's Spider-man comics that I needed.

The people always seem nice at the events though, so even if you do go alone, no doubt you'll meet other people to talk to and get involved with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Aaaaaannnndddd that's that. Heard nothing from her the entire day. Ah, well.
    Gutted to hear nothing came of it all. Someone worthy of your time and effort will come along eventually. Don't lose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Gutted to hear nothing came of it all. Someone worthy of your time and effort will come along eventually. Don't lose hope.
    Thanks, but that's been long gone for a while now. I truly don't think I have it in me to make another person as happy as they could potentially make me. That's why I knew in my heart this would amount to nil. Par for the course.

In more exciting news, the new Guardians Of The Galaxy super bowl spot was really good.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 02-05-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Good post. Our problem was not only not replacing Bony, but not replacing Williams in defence or Ayew up front as well. The owners didn't invest any of that money into new players. Allen I can sort of understand because we didn't really need him as much as players for other positions, but I am gutted we didn't sign him back. Mawson is looking good at centre back but we can't rely on him to replace Williams as it's only his first season with us in the first team. He still needs time to improve but I've no doubt he'll be a future captain for us.

Southampton amaze me every year. The sell a huge chunk of their squad, with most of their important players leaving, but still manage to replace them and progress the season after.
    Forgot about those. Williams was a fantastic leader, and Ayew came in for a large sum so there is no excuse on the boards part. Hopefully Mawson can develop.

WTF? She just texted me saying she lost her phone. BS!!!! I'm so thoroughly convinced she's screwing with me! I'm just so done with this!