Thread: CBR Chat

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It's been more than just a bad season for Coventry City. They are a textbook example of how bad life can get for a football club once you get relegated from the Premier League.

Pretty much everything that can go wrong after a relegation from the top flight has happened to Coventry over the past decade or so. It's been one set-back after another. One of the clubs biggest problems is being tied to a white elephant of a stadium that was originally built with potential Premier League matches in mind but next year will host League Two games in front of comparatively meagre crowds. The club don't even own this stadium, it's a millstone around their neck. The fact that this situation was allowed to happen shows monumental bad planning from the owners.

Yesterday was a good day for the club, and a good reminder of the potential that the club has which, despite everything, is still there. Coventry City are a good example of how NOT to run a football club though.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-03-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when they beat Liverpool 5-1 under the dark days of the Souness era (or bright days for you, since that was the same season when Fergie won his first Premiership title). I mean the attendance was over 74,000 which is great for two League One teams (well, currently League One teams anyway).

So, I am hoping Coventry have a good season next season, their hardcore, loyal fans deserve one. Though if Tranmere get promoted than I'm hoping they do well in the League Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Is everyone else here from the UK?
    In terms of posting, it seems to be right now but it seems to vary throughout the day could be worse, we could be talking about the weather or queues

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    In terms of posting, it seems to be right now but it seems to vary throughout the day could be worse, we could be talking about the weather or queues
    I'm more familiar with those

I'm more familiar with those
    LOL. Yeah...Premier League gets talked about a LOT over here...

But anyhoo, how're you Moral_Gutpunch?

Pretty good. Got some clean up done, avoided a baby shower, and I'm gonna study soon. If only I could sell some of my stuff.

Pretty good. Got some clean up done, avoided a baby shower, and I'm gonna study soon. If only I could sell some of my stuff.
    Good luck in selling your stuff. And good luck with your studies as well.

Good luck in selling your stuff. And good luck with your studies as well.
    Thanks! Oh, and people are interested in a childfree ilustrated book if I can get the project off the ground.

Extraordinary Member

It is sunny here today in London. I live right behind a national park (or in front depending on perceptive) and the trees look great.

LOL. Yeah...Premier League gets talked about a LOT over here...

I may be posting less about the Premiership after May with the way Swansea are going
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember when they beat Liverpool 5-1 under the dark days of the Souness era (or bright days for you, since that was the same season when Fergie won his first Premiership title). I mean the attendance was over 74,000 which is great for two League One teams (well, currently League One teams anyway).
    The last time I saw Coventry at Old Trafford they actually won. It was a midweek League Cup game, United played a weakened team, and Coventry deservedly won 2-0. It's a night that remains infamous for United fans as many people were there against their will. The club had introduced a Cup Ticket Scheme making all domestic cup matches at OT mandatory (was that even legal? Who knows). Many people didn't bother attending that night despite United swiping the money out of their accounts. When the tannoy announced that the attendance was over 74,000, despite there being thousands of seats blatantly empty, he was jeered at and booed. The scheme was revised the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    It is sunny here today in London. I live right behind a national park (or in front depending on perceptive) and the trees look great.
    Really? Which one?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    The last time I saw Coventry at Old Trafford they actually won. It was a midweek League Cup game, United played a weakened team, and Coventry deservedly won 2-0. It's a night that remains infamous for United fans as many people were there against their will. The club had introduced a Cup Ticket Scheme making all domestic cup matches at OT mandatory (was that even legal? Who knows). Many people didn't bother attending that night despite United swiping the money out of their accounts. When the tannoy announced that the attendance was over 74,000, despite there being thousands of seats blatantly empty, he was jeered at and booed. The scheme was revised the following season.

Really? Which one?
    Victoria PArk Also I guess the Olympic Park also aha! I'm wedged between them both.

Did not enjoy wrestlemania besides a few bright sparks.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 04-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Stargate Sg-1 is starting tonight, from the beginning, on the Comet channel, check your local listings.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I may be posting less about the Premiership after May with the way Swansea are going
    It was never going to be easy but the good news is you didn't lose.