Page 1545 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 545104514451495153515411542154315441545154615471548154915551595 ... LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,175 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Reviews of this seem to be all over the place; there's haters and lovers. I might check it out on DVD later. I avoided BvS because of the terrible reviews, though I had enjoyed MoS quite a lot ( and I had a blast with Suicide Squad).
    Superman seems to be older and a lot happier now. Batman quips. Its what the loudest fans wanted after BvS. Personally I think Warner did a great job with the casting and the actors have quite some chemistry together but the studio has micromanaged everything else to death. If you have seen other superhero movies you won't get something new out of this one but its no downer like MoS or BvS and makes for an evening well spent.

BANNED

Im planning to sing the song sos dun turrion de tress (sorry for the wrong spelling) during our Xmas Part on December 2 and ill be singing it like similar to Dimash Kudaibergen.

Wish me luck. Itll be my first time to sing a french song in front of a lot of people.

I have sung a spanish song before and i dont really care if they dont understand the song, ahahaha. But when i sang the spanish song before, they werent into the song but were fascinated that i can sing spanish songs.

I cant really hit the high notes on Dimash version so ill be changing those parts so i wont embarass myself.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Im planning to sing the song sos dun turrion de tress (sorry for the wrong spelling) during our Xmas Part on December 2 and ill be singing it like similar to Dimash Kudaibergen.

Wish me luck. Itll be my first time to sing a french song in front of a lot of people.

I have sung a spanish song before and i dont really care if they dont understand the song, ahahaha. But when i sang the spanish song before, they werent into the song but were fascinated that i can sing spanish songs.

I cant really hit the high notes on Dimash version so ill be changing those parts so i wont embarass myself.
    Good luck and since it's a Xmas thing then have a good time

Also, I've eaten a hat today. Very tasty
    Last edited by John Ossie; 11-23-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm preparing a Christmas meal on a budget. Any tips?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm preparing a Christmas meal on a budget. Any tips?
    Pizza or Subway

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    WOO! I am managing to lift at a higher weight, having struggled for a week. Also, I've gained 7 pounds this week!
    Seriously? In one week? How?

Life is boring. And frustrating. It's like, I want to go out with a girl, but if I ever got the opportunity I wouldn't know what to do with it. Being myself doesn't work and I'm not an actor so it's for naught. It's like there's nothing for me in the world. It feels so empty.

All-New Member

Guys, I'm new to comics and stuff but can u guys tell me about some happily married heroes.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ananth06 View Post
    Guys, I'm new to comics and stuff but can u guys tell me about some happily married heroes.
    Recently Marvel/DC have developed an odd attitude towards marriage and a lot of the heroes that were married have now had those marriages undone. The first thing that popped into my mind regarding happy marriages/family life was Animal Man. Then I'd say the recent Power Man/Iron fist from about a year ago...Luke Cage is married to Jess Jones but in the solos of those characters that's on the stands now, the company seems to be trying to back away from that. The Black Panther and Storm were married and ironically enuff seeing them in the Fantastic Four of all things is what warmed be up to there relationship ( that marriage is undone even though the couple is back together). There's the recent Vision series where the Vision creates a wife and family for himself. Mr Miracle is married to a character named Big Barda, however in the current series she hasn't had a whole lot to do ( so far).

Batman has proposed to Catwoman but I'm sure that's just a stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Pizza or Subway
    I had pizza once for Thanksgiving, long time ago in a far away land known as Paris.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananth06 View Post
    There are, amazingly considering the industry's love for drama, some still out there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Recently Marvel/DC have developed an odd attitude towards marriage and a lot of the heroes that were married have now had those marriages undone. The first thing that popped into my mind regarding happy marriages/family life was Animal Man. Then I'd say the recent Power Man/Iron fist from about a year ago...Luke Cage is married to Jess Jones but in the solos of those characters that's on the stands now, the company seems to be trying to back away from that. The Black Panther and Storm were married and ironically enuff seeing them in the Fantastic Four of all things is what warmed be up to there relationship ( that marriage is undone even though the couple is back together). There's the recent Vision series where the Vision creates a wife and family for himself. Mr Miracle is married to a character named Big Barda, however in the current series she hasn't had a whole lot to do ( so far).

Batman has proposed to Catwoman but I'm sure that's just a stunt.
    how is it an odd attitude?

I think you had writers dragging their characters along with them like security blankets for sooooo long that getting them married was a projection of their own psyche

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    how is it an odd attitude?

I think you had writers dragging their characters along with them like security blankets for sooooo long that getting them married was a projection of their own psyche
    What I think is odd is that many of the guys undoing the hero's marriages are in fact married themselves, yet seem to think that the audience can't relate to married superheroes.

Invincible Member

I might have to rethink the idea of a beefcake/cheescake thread...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Hey CBR, just needed a place to relax talk abit.

I am reminded on how GREAT the community at CBR is, cause I have one Hell of a time on other forums the last 24 hours and it has not been fun. So much weird and so much..........well not so good over how a story-line turned out in a Anime show I watch and out of nowhere plot twist and how rabid the community has responded to it in such a negative way. Many good posters but still to many not so good ones.

I just makes me wonder about certain fandoms, no one here mind you on CBR, ALL of CBR is Mature and Great, just makes me wonder about maturity levels anymore. It really zaps you brain.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!