Page 1591 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 5911091149115411581158715881589159015911592159315941595 ... LastLast
Results 23,851 to 23,865 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member

Freeedeeedom!

Just got home from the Birmingham Showmasters Collectormania/comic con. Pretty good day. I met Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and got a picture signed. I got an elite series Darth Vader to display on my shelf and picked up an old issue of ASM that I needed. It wasn't a great con for back issues but pretty good for figures/statues etc. I did intend to meet Ray Park and get an autograph but the queue was enormous so I gave it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Freeedeeedom!
    Nice one!
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 06-02-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

@FluffySheep, cool to hear you had a fun time at the convention. Meeting the original Boba Fett no less.

I booked a 4 night stay in Copenhagen just now, at least this should motivate me to snap out of my depression a bit and get off my arse in preparation to my stay. I'm still going in mostly blind, like I did with Paris last December. But I always enjoy learning new languages so I'm gonna get right on Danish even though most Danes speak excellent English.

Will also be the first time since 2002 that I'll have money in my purse that isn't in euros. In Germany and France I didn't need to exchange my money, but it'll be krones in Denmark.
    Last edited by Mormel; 06-02-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    @FluffySheep, cool to hear you had a fun time at the convention. Meeting the original Boba Fett no less.

I booked a 4 night stay in Copenhagen just now, at least this should motivate me to snap out of my depression a bit and get off my arse in preparation to my stay. I'm still going in mostly blind, like I did with Paris last December. But I always enjoy learning new languages so I'm gonna get right on Danish even though most Danes speak excellent English.

Will also be the first time since 2002 that I'll have money in my purse that isn't in euros. In Germany and France I didn't need to exchange my money, but it'll be krones in Denmark.
    Thanks Mormel!

I remember visiting Copenhagen when I was a child. I'll definitely go back one day and see the place again as an adult! I'm sure you'll love it there.

Extraordinary Member

Finished exams and have official confirmation that I am going to CANADA!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well as an update folks ...the dude over me changed his mind days before his 2 week notice was up and they allowed him to stay on. So I had to go back to my non-weekend off schedule some more. Yeah folks...to say I was happy would be an understatement. I'll just deal with it and work on I guess.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well as an update folks ...the dude over me changed his mind days before his 2 week notice was up and they allowed him to stay on. So I had to go back to my non-weekend off schedule some more. Yeah folks...to say I was happy would be an understatement. I'll just deal with it and work on I guess.
    I never knew that was possible?

Guess I should know seeing as I just got a job.

I never knew that was possible?

Guess I should know seeing as I just got a job.
    I never knew it was possible either til now. I was pretty ticked and all over it. Like....damn really ? This after getting the schedule and all. I was debating looking for another job and will debate that I'm sure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Finished exams and have official confirmation that I am going to CANADA!
    Congrats! Journey of a lifetime that'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I never knew it was possible either til now. I was pretty ticked and all over it. Like....damn really ? This after getting the schedule and all. I was debating looking for another job and will debate that I'm sure.
    That sucks. I'd be pretty peeved about that and I'd probably be looking at leaving for a new job too.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post

That sucks. I'd be pretty peeved about that and I'd probably be looking at leaving for a new job too.
    I'm pretty much gonna be looking around for something else while I work. If I find something I'll go do it. But honestly the next time this comes up (and I'm sure it will again)...I'll demand that it be put in writing and I won't be jerked around again.

Is it possible to get stronger and consequently lose muscle? My lifts are going up (hit a nice PR recently! Nice for me, at least) but the scale is going in the other direction while I don't look very muscular at all. And I don't think it's fat I'm losing. I'm still far, FAR away from being able to take my shirt off at a beach.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-08-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Is it possible to get stronger and consequently lose muscle? My lifts are going up (hit a nice PR recently! Nice for me, at least) but the scale is going in the other direction while I don't look very muscular at all. And I don't think it's fat I'm losing. I'm still far, FAR away from being able to take my shirt off at a beach.
    I'm not sure about losing muscle, but you can be stronger without looking it. Are you working on gaining muscle, or losing weight? The two are different and require a unique programme. For xample, I've gained roughly a stone an d a half over the year but my strength is better and it is visible.

I'm not sure about losing muscle, but you can be stronger without looking it. Are you working on gaining muscle, or losing weight? The two are different and require a unique programme. For xample, I've gained roughly a stone an d a half over the year but my strength is better and it is visible.
    Muscle gain mostly, but I try to do some cardio as well to improve my work capacity.

I have never been so Hyped for a Spider-Man game this much in my life before.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Muscle gain mostly, but I try to do some cardio as well to improve my work capacity.
    Keep it up. The fact you have seen change so far is a very positive sign.