Page 1595 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 59510951495154515851591159215931594159515961597 LastLast
Results 23,911 to 23,925 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what it must be like to live somewhere with that sort of thing going on. Hopefully the violence gets sorted out and the neighbourhood improves for you.
    Well, it's not like that happens every night, it doesn't (I'd lose my mind if it did), but the ugliness is there nonetheless. Comes with the territory I'm afraid. Thanks for the concern.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, it's not like that happens every night, it doesn't (I'd lose my mind if it did), but the ugliness is there nonetheless. Comes with the territory I'm afraid. Thanks for the concern.
    I woke up at 2:30am last night because there were a few people outside my house talking. That was enough to wake me up and get me thinking what was happening. I don't know how I'd react to gunfire!

Some news from today. I went to see an osteopath about my back problem. I was pushed, pulled, twisted and cracked. The shocks and sensations in my back actually made me feel a bit delirious lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I woke up at 2:30am last night because there were a few people outside my house talking. That was enough to wake me up and get me thinking what was happening. I don't know how I'd react to gunfire!
    The normal reaction would be to hit the floor, duck for cover and pray you don't get hit by stray bullets. I remember once, early in the morning of December 26th some six or seven years ago, there actually WAS gunfire on my street, not more than thirty or so feet from my front door as a car was shot up pretty good. The cops say it was a drug deal that went south, as for the inhabitants of that car? There wasn't any blood (the car sat on the street for two days before it was towed) so I guess no one had gotten hit. Ahhh, life in da 'hood!

Some news from today. I went to see an osteopath about my back problem. I was pushed, pulled, twisted and cracked. The shocks and sensations in my back actually made me feel a bit delirious lol.
    I consider myself fortunate to have never suffered any back problems. I hope you're okay.

Extraordinary Member

The London protest was amazing. Never felt such unity amongst so many different people.

One thing we should praise Trump for is breaking down divisions (without intending).

Jon Schnepp from Collider has been hospitalized and is in critical condition.

I had to help my 11 year old dog cross the rainbow bridge tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So sorry, my sympathies.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Found this and I thought I'd share it, just in case anyone is interested.

Science Writing Internship (Fall)

This is the kind of opportunity I wish I had when I was in college.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Aww, sorry to hear about that.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Sympathies. As a fellow dog owner, I'm not looking forward to the day of my own dog passing away.

Yep. Just seeing girls I have a crush on makes my heart race. What would happen if I actually got to touch one?

Any of y'all going to San Diego Comic Con this week?? I will be there for the first time and I am super excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Any of y'all going to San Diego Comic Con this week?? I will be there for the first time and I am super excited!
    Never been to one myself. I’ve always wondered what experience would be like and it’s not always positive. I imagine wading through enormous crowds, waiting on lines, really expensive stuff, and just a lot of looking at stuff that’ll be online anyway. This is me looking from the outside in, but being there in person could be very different.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-17-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Never been to one myself. I’ve always wondered what experience would be like and it’s not always positive. I imagine wading through enormous crowds, waiting on lines, really expensive stuff, and just a lot of looking at stuff that’ll be online anyway. This is me looking from the outside in, but being there in person could be very different.
    Yea I been wanting to go forever and I figure it’s worth experiencing at least one ha.