Page 1597 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 597109714971547158715931594159515961597
Results 23,941 to 23,955 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

So....just don't use them long term?

A webcomic that I follow, the creator had a short made a a pilot to try and sell it to Nickelodeon. Only they turned it down. But the video is cute. I'd watch it if is was animated.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Just don't use them unless a doctor tells you you need them.
    Messing with your hormonal balance is not a good idea. Steroid users often develop smaller testicles and "man boobs" which sometimes even lactate.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Has the forums finally been fixed ? I finally got into Community board and it actually loaded and all. Any words mods before i try the rest of the forums ?

Also as Paul said only take them if a doctor advises.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I'm a drug minimalist. Drugs should only be taken to deal with a specific medical problem, and only if there are no other options, and also be aware of possible side effects to determine the cost-benefit of taking the medicine. But mostly, only take them under the supervision of a good doctor, not one who hands out prescription like they were handing out candy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Steroids can do damage to your kidneys as far as long term use goes. I don't use them unless needed if I have gout. But as doctors will tell me , they are good for short term use to relieve swelling etc. Long term use will cause kidney issues . One possible person to look at is Superstar Billy Graham an ex-pro wrestler who at one time looked like this...

His exposure to steroids over a decade with his wife injecting him at times led him unable to have children and multiple surgeries for knees , back and hip problems as well.

Hogan's use of steroids as well has led him to hip and knee surgeries as well as his back surgeries that ended his career finally in ring. (He had 2-3 spine surgeries in a 2-3 year period).

Roid rage is also a very real side-effect as well.

Like has been said already, only take steroids if your doctor says you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well folks I wanted to stay silent about this to not ruin my chances again. But a month ago I detailed that the guy who was leaving above me changed his mind a couple days before he was due to leave. Well 2 weeks ago he gave yet another notice he was leaving and I was told again , your gonna get the job and all. I was like , is this one for real and I waited ...and waited til it was for sure.

I start his schedule next week , a new guy does my old schedule and I now will be working that extra day. So yep....folks I am excited.
    Congratulations! Hopefully it all goes as expected this time

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm off to the London con this weekend. If the weather carries on, I will not be excited!

In other news, decided to stop reading X-Men today and watch Netflix instead. It is such a slog getting through Claremonts X-Men. Some issues are good, then they drop off in quality with too much dialogue and exposition or retreading on what happened
    Hope you have a good time! I've yet to go to a Con in London of any kind. Looks like a good guest list too! You got anyone in particular you're hoping to meet?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    It has been , I started my new schedule this week and everything has worked out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Hope you have a good time! I've yet to go to a Con in London of any kind. Looks like a good guest list too! You got anyone in particular you're hoping to meet?
    Well I was hoping to go and see Dan Slott, but, unfortunately, I've decided to go into work for other reasons and skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Well I was hoping to go and see Dan Slott, but, unfortunately, I've decided to go into work for other reasons and skip it.
    Ah well. There'll always be other Cons. I met Dan Slott in Birmingham last year, so I'm sure you'll get other opportunities to meet him.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Ah well. There'll always be other Cons. I met Dan Slott in Birmingham last year, so I'm sure you'll get other opportunities to meet him.
    Absolutely! I will see if there are any in Canada as of October or so.

I cannot wait to finally sleep in! I have work later today and a damn fly has kept me up!

Really excited for Battle Angel. It doesn't look like it'll be as hyper-violent as the manga, but the trailer looks pretty awesome and I hope it'll translate the themes of the original.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member

Got a cool internship next week, and I finally started catching up on Flash (CW).

The thread is finally working again but it's still pretty laggy for me. It keeps trying to double post so it takes a bit just to say anything. Is anyone else having this problem?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules