Page 2 of 1597 FirstFirst 12345612521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

This is just getting weird. Not to be rude or anything, I want my Rita's group only, nothing against the other groups, but Rita's is family. We each need our own areas, it was not a "tribe". I honestly do not know what to do here. We had our things in Rita's we knew what the other was referring to, not everyone will know now.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Careful, Super. Don't want to get a temp ban for being critical. -_-
    Hopefully that isn't a new rule I missed. I have been a member for 12+ years of CBR. This is the only time even I'm pretty much not wanting to make a thread in case it pisses someone off.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I understand your intentions are good, but this is not a good idea.

Each subforum has its own culture.

People in each subforum have different interests.

We currently have over 2000 users. There is no way all of them are going to be close friends. Each of them will naturally be drawn to the forums that draw their interests. That's what makes chat threads for each forum so important. It's easier to make friends that way.

This is not something you can control. This is how human relationships naturally develop. You get close to people over similar interests. Marvel. DC. Books. Music. TV. Film. Rumbles. Manga.

Either this thread becomes too unwieldy due to sheer size or people stop coming to the Community Forums to chat, resulting in a less united community.

My opinion. Feel free to disagree, but please at least consider it.

BANNED

Hi ladies & gents! I love comics. Let's have fun!

I don't have an issue with one chat thread to rule them all, but I do wish the mods would at least answer our questions and address our concerns. You know, treat us as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    This is...surprising. It's like instead of having our own clubhouse, we just have this one bar.

I know that's what you wanted, but still...
    Thats actually the perfect way to look at it.

Clubhouses = selective, noninclusive, frat style approach

The Bar = All inclusive, happy hour discussion.

I vote we name the bar

I feel like there has been a death in the family. I feel that we will loose a lot of Rita members.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post

I vote we name the bar
    Except if the bar serves awful drinks (poorly mixed LITs.... ugh), then there's nowhere else to go.

Fantastic Member

I vote we name the bar

I'd say more like a prison than a bar...

I vote we name the bar
    Noonan's Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedocwife View Post
    This is just getting weird. Not to be rude or anything, I want my Rita's group only, nothing against the other groups, but Rita's is family. We each need our own areas, it was not a "tribe". I honestly do not know what to do here. We had our things in Rita's we knew what the other was referring to, not everyone will know now.
    Rita's was an institution on CBR. Its one of those things this site had that was....unique. You had a discussion thread that spanned years...with various people coming in and becoming a group. Some left the group sure. Some moved on. But at the end...Rita's endured . Now its like saying , ya know what...we hate that. We hate what we had was unique for us as a site.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I vote we name the bar
    Even at a bar people sit with their friends. It's gonna be hard to talk to a few people when a ton of people are all talking at once.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Even at a bar people sit with their friends. It's gonna be hard to talk to a few people when a ton of people are all talking at once.
    That's the issue, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joedocwife View Post
    I feel like there has been a death in the family. I feel that we will loose a lot of Rita members.
    They already lost a number of the Classic Forum who have said **** it and left. I done got the invites to the site they started. Its just weird. Its like each move is becoming more and more alienating.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hopefully that isn't a new rule I missed. I have been a member for 12+ years of CBR. This is the only time even I'm pretty much not wanting to make a thread in case it pisses someone off.
    I'd hate that because I really enjoy your tongue-in-cheek threads. Especially the ones about Chris Brown.

This is really starting to suck.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!