Page 249 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Not any more! Michael got it.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I pmed Brian about it the other day. He basically said that the plan right now is to just let it go on, but he'd bring it up. I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Nothing stopping us counting down to 5000 though.

True. True. Heck, make it an "every 5000" event at 10,000 and so forth.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

gods, the old farts schooling the new kids on the cover contest.

Know wonder our initials are PP
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

HEY IT'S A PROSTATE CONDITION, THANK YOU!
    'Dox out.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

PG is Portable wishwasher Galore.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Morning people.

If you haven't voted int he comic cover contest please do so, we have a tie.
    Morning

Darn, I missed this
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
    Have y'all noticed that this amalgamated community board is rising to 5000 posts at an alarming rate? So will the Chat be locked and renewed like the old Rita's? Or is it going to go past the 5000 post limit?
    It looks like some posters are using this board in a mad effort to drive up their post count. Well, I guess that's fair, if you've got nothing better to do. What chafes my butt is the few who can travel back in time and join this new message board decades before it came into existence. That seems kind of high handed--and making a distintion between "us" and "them" that won't foster a sense of shared community. Props to those with this time travel power (moderators?) who have chosen not to use it and can live with joining in April 2014 like the rest of us. Or maybe our new society now has four classes of citizens: Time Lords who travel through time; Time Lords who choose not to travel through time; high post counters; low post counters. So much for social cohesion.

Good morning, nerds.

Excellent wine tasting tonight.

Vacation as of Friday!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It looks like some posters are using this board in a mad effort to drive up their post count. Well, I guess that's fair, if you've got nothing better to do.
    Or they just like to chat and their job is computer laden and instead of just doing sales reports, inventory and data entry for 8 to 16 hours at a lonely terminal, they break up the monotony by chatting. I can only speak for myself in so much doing that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Good morning, nerds.
    Are we regular nerds or sour nerds? Or a rope?

Jim Kelly wants a mindwiped regeneration:

It looks like some posters are using this board in a mad effort to drive up their post count. Well, I guess that's fair, if you've got nothing better to do. What chafes my butt is the few who can travel back in time and join this new message board decades before it came into existence. That seems kind of high handed--and making a distintion between "us" and "them" that won't foster a sense of shared community. Props to those with this time travel power (moderators?) who have chosen not to use it and can live with joining in April 2014 like the rest of us. Or maybe our new society now has four classes of citizens: Time Lords who travel through time; Time Lords who choose not to travel through time; high post counters; low post counters. So much for social cohesion.
    **shrugs** What can you do? It's wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.
    'Dox out.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Or they just like to chat and their job is computer laden and instead of just doing sales reports, inventory and data entry for 8 to 16 hours at a lonely terminal, they break up the monotony by chatting. I can only speak for myself in so much doing that sort of thing.
    No harm, no foul. I have nothing against high post counters. There are times in my life when I have nothing to do and I end up posting a lot to message boards and there are other times when the cares and concerns of life catch up with me and take me away from my keyboard. But I know that for some posters, their post counts and their join dates are badges of honour and they hate to lose them, while they see others gain those honours at the same time. If you want to cheese off some posters--take away their join dates and post counts--and see what happens.

They should be used to it. CBR used to trim out old posts all the time over the years for space reasons. People's counts jumped up and down. It's really meaningless here.
    'Dox out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    They should be used to it. CBR used to trim out old posts all the time over the years for space reasons. People's counts jumped up and down. It's really meaningless here.
    agreed. I joined in 1998 and then the wipe of 2004(?) took that away and now the wipe of 2014 (I'm sensing a theme) has given me a reset. No biggie.

If someone's self-esteem is linked to a joining date or post count...well, they have more issues than a message board can solve.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.