Page 264 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 1642142542602612622632642652662672682743143647641264 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Man Of Steel: I love the character of Superman (I have a Supes tattoo) and the Donner movies were what made me a fan. I'm also a big fan of Invincible (the comic). When I saw Man of Steel it hit me as a more realistic take of what would happen if someone with Superman's abilities existing in our world -- very similar in vein to Invincible that way. The destruction was magnificent. But it wasn't the CHARACTER we have known all of these years as Superman. It's not the comic version or the Donner movie version. It was a reimagining. And again I was OK with that. Visually the movie was incredible. I love the soundtrack and the casting. I liked the subtle changes as well as the big ones. I wasn't crazy about the end of the main battle but it didn't ruin the movie for me. I'm more anxious to see what the fallout is from Man of Steel in the sequel. If it's "nothing" then I'll be a little upset. But if this is used as a building block and a basis for the character traits of the Superman we're more familiar with then I think it will have been a nice twist to the origin.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Man Of Steel: I love the character of Superman (I have a Supes tattoo) and the Donner movies were what made me a fan. I'm also a big fan of Invincible (the comic). When I saw Man of Steel it hit me as a more realistic take of what would happen if someone with Superman's abilities existing in our world -- very similar in vein to Invincible that way. The destruction was magnificent. But it wasn't the CHARACTER we have known all of these years as Superman. It's not the comic version or the Donner movie version. It was a reimagining. And again I was OK with that. Visually the movie was incredible. I love the soundtrack and the casting. I liked the subtle changes as well as the big ones. I wasn't crazy about the end of the main battle but it didn't ruin the movie for me. I'm more anxious to see what the fallout is from Man of Steel in the sequel. If it's "nothing" then I'll be a little upset. But if this is used as a building block and a basis for the character traits of the Superman we're more familiar with then I think it will have been a nice twist to the origin.
    The death and destruction part of it was fine. After all, it's something we've been sniggering about for years amongst ourselves: Super powered people get in a fight and this all that happens? Ha ha ha !

Just the structure of the film itself. Lois tracks him down to ask why he's a wandering recluse: He tells him about dad. Why is he super powered: oh the sun and the air is richer. Krypton is exploding: Guys, you've had years to deal with this crap.

The whole thing felt a little Problem:Solution with little emphasis on telling a story to tell a wonderful story.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Next time could I please be warned by one of you enlightened ones that calling someone a queen is worse than calling someone a princess.
    I am sure I have provided enough evidence that I am clueless.

Thanks in advance.
    Well... it's really not your fault that I'm going through a mid life crisis, and you're witty, so you are pardoned... but I do think you should probably buy me something.

For future reference, I desperately want a unicorn, I believe I am a pretty princess, I will always want you to buy me stuff, and die, in that order. Don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Warning: Anything you say to the crazy lady may be taken as an insult. Void where prohibited.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    I enjoy being mean. It's part of my charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Two tincans and a string, boy! It was good enough for us!
    Ha! Sometimes you're totally not annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Good luck with the interview.
    Thanks. It went really well. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's telling people how awesome I am. However, I probably have the least amount of FAC experience of everyone else who applied, and although the head manager has Green Lantern stuff all over his office, and I love him forever, and I'm at least a contender after such a great interview, my chances of getting the position are still very low.

I seriously need to find out if that guy is married. He probably is, because he is old, but I'm madly in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Cunard View Post
    I genuinely liked the flashback bits to young Clark and angsty Clark, and Cavill certainly looked like Superman, but I feel the same way as you. Taking aside the whole "Superman wouldn't act like that" part, did you also find the actual action scenes to be boring as action scenes? I tried to give it another go when it was on HBO a few weeks ago, and completely fell asleep when Superman and Zod started fighting.
    As always, you express my opinion better than I ever could. This is exactly how I felt about the movie. Although, I would have added how hot Cavill is. So hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    I'm baaack!
    Yay! *twirl* Welcome back!
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Pudding. Married. Yay facebook!
    ~the4thpip

Bipolar Danger Girl
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    Only one girl to love,
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Fingers crossed on the result of your interview Princess. Here's hoping mine goes as well tomorrow.

Plus, another couple of vacancies have gone on the list too, so more jobs to apply for. Then I can stop these 50-60 hour weeks. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    Fingers crossed on the result of your interview Princess. Here's hoping mine goes as well tomorrow.

Plus, another couple of vacancies have gone on the list too, so more jobs to apply for. Then I can stop these 50-60 hour weeks. Yay!
    What job are you interviewing for? Another position playing with trains, or something totally different?
    ~the4thpip

Bipolar Danger Girl
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    Only one girl to love,
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    What job are you interviewing for? Another position playing with trains, or something totally different?
    Yeah, still with trains. It's a sideways move into another department, but it's based in Birmingham, so much less travel, and it's away from a boss who's idea of motivation is to tell people that if they're "not up for the challenge, maybe you're in the wrong job."

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    Yeah, still with trains. It's a sideways move into another department, but it's based in Birmingham, so much less travel, and it's away from a boss who's idea of motivation is to tell people that if they're "not up for the challenge, maybe you're in the wrong job."
    I used to work with trains (handling railbilling). That was in between some jobs in international logistics. Now I manage the international department for a freight forwarder.

Also, do trains go on the opposite side of the tracks in England?
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

BANNED

I used to work with trains (handling railbilling). That was in between some jobs in international logistics. Now I manage the international department for a freight forwarder.

Also, do trains go on the opposite side of the tracks in England?
    I think their whistles have English accents. Also fun fact--English Armored Tanks had tea-makers inside them up till 2011. They may still have them But I haven't been back there since 2005..

My office is a big cubicle farm, and on my floor, there are a few hundred people.
    So there I am sitting at my desk and doing my job, its roughly 11:15 am.

Suddenly, all of the lights, and our PCs went out. It wasn't raining or anything, we just had this weird power issue.

I prefer Man of Steel to the Donner movies, but I associate Christopher Reeve with Superman more than Henry Cavill, his name comes first, his impact was bigger on me
    I thought the way the character is written is good, and not really far from the comic version
    As far as my favorite Superman in live action goes, Dean Cain wins, he played the best Superman on screen, and he really fitted the role
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Afternoon, folks.

Four days in and here I have a new name
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Afternoon, folks.
    Afternoon
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel