Page 287 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I'm always amused by people who want a comic book to fail or get cancelled simply because they don't like a certain character.
    Why rob someone else of joy or wish that on them?

It's childish.
    Gate-keeping creators off of characters some don't like is equally ridic. The term " such and such is wasted on that character" is laughable. I mean shouldn't a creator bored with writing or drawing Wolverine, Iron man, Spider Man and Hulk stories be allowed to play left of center-field?

Quote Originally Posted by coke & comics View Post
    Where are these Cokes?
    Pending. How was Birmingham (or whutsitshire) Con?
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Where are these Cokes?
    Next to the beer.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

mmm, beer, good idea.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Gate-keeping creators off of characters some don't like is equally ridic. The term " such and such is wasted on that character" is laughable. I mean shouldn't a creator bored with writing or drawing Wolverine, Iron man, Spider Man and Hulk stories be allowed to play left of center-field?
    Some comic book readers act like they own the characters.
    It's silly.

Where are these Cokes?
    I KNEW IT. I knew I'd see you around here sooner or later.

I've just realised what your avatar is Signor Garters, no way is that getting my vote.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    I've just realised what your avatar is Signor Garters, no way is that getting my vote.
    Fair enough. I figured somebody had to be a fan of those movies. I actually didn't hate the first one, though K really did, which is why we haven't gotten around to seeing the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Fair enough. I figured somebody had to be a fan of those movies. I actually didn't hate the first one, though K really did, which is why we haven't gotten around to seeing the second one.
    I saw the 2nd one with friends who refuse to pay for 3D, and I HATED it.

then, when Nick wanted to go (and he likes all the bells and whistles, so we saw it in IMAX 3D)?. . . I got what all the critics were saying.

easily a 3star film. . IF you see it in IMAX 3D.. otherwise?. . it doesn't work, and the sets look terrible.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    I saw the 2nd one with friends who refuse to pay for 3D, and I HATED it.

then, when Nick wanted to go (and he likes all the bells and whistles, so we saw it in IMAX 3D)?. . . I got what all the critics were saying.

easily a 3star film. . IF you see it in IMAX 3D.. otherwise?. . it doesn't work, and the sets look terrible.
    Huh. I could see that. We're not really fans of 3D movies because of the headaches that come along with them. But I totally buy that it's a completely different experience.

As I've said before, I'm not capable of reasoned, objective, criticism of those films, I'd watch 3 hours of Hobbits in the pub. I love seeing that world realised.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    I just re-watched Near Dark yesterday.

A partly good looking film, but so bad. I just couldn't deal.

I figure Condorman's the same way. I remember it being pretty bad despite lovely Europe, Mancini, and Carrera. I don't think I could take it today.
    I watched it on FEARnet On Demand awhile ago but don't think I actually finished it. Adrian Pasdar looked so young.

With the amount of Horror Movies I have watched over the years, it might as well be Oscar material.
    This is what I get for being raised on Full Moon and Troma films.
    My tolerance for schlock is pretty high. Love Troma and Herschell Gordon Lewis movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    We will convert you! One of us!
    Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!

Some comic book readers act like they own the characters.
    It's silly.
    Fan entitlement isn't exclusive to comic book readers but it's some of the strongest I've ever seen. Sports fans can be pretty bad as well.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I've heard it said that Avatar was the technical pinnacle of epic 3D movie-making (so far). And, having seen it, I can pretty much agree. Gorgeous.

And it was an absolutely crap movie, otherwise.
    Last edited by Paul W.; 05-13-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Oh, and everyone should see Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat. Nice little gem, there.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Little bit morbid, but I saw this little feller lying dead on the doorstep at work:

We call it a 'St. Jacob's butterfly' over here, but the common English name is cinnabar moth. Birds avoid it because it stores a fair amount of poison inside its body.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me