Page 296 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 1962462862922932942952962972982993003063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Oog

Dr. Frans Gubershnobble had another evil scheme in mind. He would use the DNA from ancients to create a theme park to take over the Tri-State area! But Gubershnobble was accosted by his nemesis and Oog, a genetically-created Neanderthal boy arrested to age 10 and given super-strength, escaped the compound with a few of his friends. He is accompanied by Aar and Gnaar (a twin pair of genetically altered Frilled Raptors given superior intelligence, super-speed and strength), Zzzt (a Raptor with electrical powers) and Whoo (an Ice Raptor with frost breath). Together they make their way around the outskirts of Millennium City, survival their only concern.

A healthy mix of Bam-Bam Rubble from the Flintstones, Gnarrk from the Teen Titans and Kirby's Project: Cadmus, with dollops of the Red Ghost and his Super-Apes and Phineas and Ferb.
    I'm guessing a bit of Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy in there as well.
    Great design! Also, Dr.Frans Gubershnobble is a freaking fantastic name.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    check out Stranger Than Fiction...not the typical Will Ferrell movie
    I have this weird idea in my head that Will Ferrell could be REALLY funny if he had a director that made him play his stuff REALLY straight and didn't let him revert to his schtick.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Have you seen Talladega Nights the Ballad of Ricky Bobby or the first Anchorman?
    I watched Anchorman but didn't really find it that great despite a few really good jokes here and there. I haven't seen Talladega Nights.

To be honest, I put Ferrell in the same category of actors as Adam Sandler.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    On the other hand, at least that thread where I complained about my ass being too big is gone forever.
    Really? You actually made a thread like that? O_O

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I watched Anchorman but didn't really find it that great despite a few really good jokes here and there. I haven't seen Talladega Nights.

To be honest, I put Ferrell in the same category of actors as Adam Sandler.
    I quite liked him in Talladega Nights and The Other Guys... there were some good moments in amongst them, but he really has a bad habit of reverting to that schtick of shouting everything REALLY LOUD and being inappropriate in a kind of childish, petulant way.
    If he can ditch those, I think he'd do much better for himself.
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

All-New Member

Hey wow lots has changed uhhhh? It's been a while since I've been on (or read comics at all, tbh) but I just finished Fraction's Sex Criminals and just wanted to be like, omg did y'alls like this as much as I did it is the truuuth.

BANNED

I really enjoyed 'The Other Guys'

Michael Keaton was a really nice surprise in there

Quote Originally Posted by DrewTheXenocide View Post
    Hey wow lots has changed uhhhh? It's been a while since I've been on (or read comics at all, tbh) but I just finished Fraction's Sex Criminals and just wanted to be like, omg did y'alls like this as much as I did it is the truuuth.
    He and Chip Zdarsky were getting absolutely MOBBED at the Image Booth at Emerald City, and Sex Criminals and Saga were both FLYING off the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I really enjoyed 'The Other Guys'

Michael Keaton was a really nice surprise in there
    He's become a ridiculously well-rounded comedic actor. I'd love to see him work with the Coens or Wes Anderson and REALLY show us what he can do.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Michael Keaton was nearly unrecognizable in the Larry David TV movie Clear History on HBO.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Really? You actually made a thread like that? O_O
    It's my secret shame. Or it was.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Michael Keaton was nearly unrecognizable in the Larry David TV movie Clear History on HBO.
    Aha I loved that.
    Still waiting on a new season of Curb.

All-New Member

I'm poking around the new CBR -- shame the music board is gone. That's where I found out about Fugazi. And is it in poor taste to ask who's still around? Like that one dude who posted everything he watched on TV that day (it was mostly wrestling, Bible stuff, and old sitcoms but it was literally ALL DAY) and wrote reviews about them. That guy was great.

I actually bought comics today, on new comic day. Been years since that's happened. And I even read a few, Hellboy, Captain America, and Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    He's become a ridiculously well-rounded comedic actor. I'd love to see him work with the Coens or Wes Anderson and REALLY show us what he can do.
    He's one comedian I can't tell when he's trying to be funny, and that works for him
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewTheXenocide View Post
    I'm poking around the new CBR -- shame the music board is gone. That's where I found out about Fugazi. And is it in poor taste to ask who's still around? Like that one dude who posted everything he watched on TV that day (it was mostly wrestling, Bible stuff, and old sitcoms but it was literally ALL DAY) and wrote reviews about them. That guy was great.
    don't forget the Nickelodeon shows.

but i can't recall his name, I was gone a long time too. . .
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif