Page 302 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 2022522922982993003013023033043053063123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by cotton View Post
    it's cool bro, all those moments will be lost in time anyway, like tears in the rain.
    blade runner!
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    wow. . this song is awful. . but props for a very provocative video that kept my attention the whole way thru.

(love it when they switch girls)

Make the Girl Dance - "Baby, Baby, Baby"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joez0...yer_detailpage
    Ack!

Did you ever see the ad for B-Classic Music Festival that used a K-Pop group twerking to Dvořák. I don't know the point the fest was trying to make, but what I took away from it was that schoolgirl-uniform wearing women in any video will make it instantly go viral.

Eh..since we're posting lists of favorites, might as well tow the company line on this one. I take this of all time sort of lists

Top 5 Comics
    1. Love & Rockets
    2. The Spectre (Ostrander/Mandrake)
    3. Mister X
    4. The Invisibles
    5. Tomb of Dracula

Top 5 Musicians/Bands (granted this can change within the day...)
    1. The Beatles
    2. Thievery Corporation
    3. Elvis
    4. Rolling Stones
    5. (this space open)

Top 5 Movies
    1. Laura
    2. Blade Runner
    3. Casablanca
    4. The Maltese Falcon
    5. (this space open)

Top 5 TV Shows
    1. Homicide: Life on the Streets
    2. Mr. Show with Bob & David
    3. Monty Python's Flying Circus
    4. Magnum PI
    5. Twilight Zone

Top 5 Cartoons
    1. Looney Tues
    2. Tom & Jerry
    3. Venture Brothers
    4. Jonny Quest
    5. Top Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer View Post
    I am guessing most of you are more mature as you have older runs of comics as your favourites.
    I'm just shocked people listed comics.

(the chat threads tend to be about things other than comics)

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    Ack!

Did you ever see the ad for B-Classic Music Festival that used a K-Pop group twerking to Dvořák. I don't know the point the fest was trying to make, but what I took away from it was that schoolgirl-uniform wearing women in any video will make it instantly go viral.
    it kind of sticks in your head tho!

(and exploring their other stuff?. . "Kill Me". .while not a great song either, also has a great video!)

I'm just shocked people listed comics.

(the chat threads tend to be about things other than comics)
    Morning Bert.

How's everything in your part of the world?

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

For Hellblazer

Top 5 Comics (current):
    - Saga
    - Rachel Rising
    - Rat Queens
    - Invincible
    - The Walking Dead

Top 5 Comic Runs (all time):
    - Y The Last Man
    - Locke & Key
    - Byrne's Superman
    - Giffen/Maguire/DeMatteis/Hughes Justice League
    - New Mutants 1-100
    (honorable mention) - Jim Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy

Top 5 Musicians/Bands:
    - Nirvana
    - Bush
    - Foo Fighters
    - Pearl Jam
    - Sinatra

Top 5 Movies:
    - Braveheart
    - Godfather / Godfather II
    - The Avengers
    - Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back
    - Indiana Jones Trilogy (I don't count Crystal Skull)

Top 5 TV Shows (current):
    - Game of Thrones
    - Justified
    - Archer
    - The Walking Dead
    - Parks & Recreation
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

it kind of sticks in your head tho!

(and exploring their other stuff?. . "Kill Me". .while not a great song either, also has a great video!)
    I am prescribing a better class of dance pop for you! https://www.youtube.com/user/yelle/videos

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Morning Bert.

How's everything in your part of the world?
    heya Du.

it got a little chilly this morning, and waiting to find out if my Parents are going to show up today or not (oy. . you really don't want to know details, but cliff notes version):

My Mom's (who is quite ill) Birthday is today.

they called at 10:30 last night to announce they might, or might not, go to San Antonio today (they live in Pearland outside of Houston in a retirement community), and therefore they might, or might not, come down to Austin to meet us for lunch/dinner, and could I look to see what Hotels are nearby?

so I checked around online, and since we are in far North Austin (near the Tech companies), a room at a Comfort Inn, on a Thurs, is still over $170 a night, even on a Thurs.

my Dad (who's a cheapskate) said no way.

he wants to stay central Austin (35 minutes away) to be cheaper, but that defeats the point of even coming to see us, since San Antonio is only 1:20 away.

My Mother REFUSES to stay with us -- it's her Birthday, so she wants to stay in a nice hotel (note what I said about my Dad being a cheapskate. . so she uses Birthdays to get him to spend money) and *actually* wants to stay on the Riverwalk in San Antonio overnight.

my Dad, thinks it would be "nice to see" me/Nick. -- that translates as "a Hotel on the Riverwalk? Do you know how expensive that is??? let's go visit your son instead!".

So my Dad is the one pushing her to come down to Austin, instead of just staying in San Antonio and driving back to Houston tomorrow. (and he tried to lay on the extra guilt last night about how i didn't go to visit on Mother's day, while my Brother and Sister did -- my Dad guilted my Brother into picking up my Sister and bringing her to visit them in their retirement community).

nevermind that I not only JUST got back from a week in Chicago (so didn't want to drive to Houston the next weekend), but I talk to my Mom EVERY Sunday. My Brother and Sister talk to them maybe once a month? and they both live in Houston!

anyways. . I'm working from home today, so I'm just waiting for the phone to ring telling me the latest in the drama, or what the latest crisis is.

as sick as my Mom is (terminal cancer), you can't really plan anything anyways. . so it's iffy if they even are going to get in the car today. Not just because of her health issues, but I can HEAR the fight in my head:

"let's stay in a hotel when you're feeling better"
    "I'm NOT going to be "feeling better".. this is as good as it's going to get. The Doctor's all say to enjoy things NOW"
    "but if you aren't feeling well, you won't enjoy it"
    "Spend the Goddamn money!"

oy. .

like I said.. . . Parents

so how are YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    I am prescribing a better class of dance pop for you! https://www.youtube.com/user/yelle/videos
    ooo. . I like "Safari Disco Club"

are you familiar with TYP (the Young Professionals)?

I prefer my dance pop to have a cute gay, Israeli slant: (with Freddy Mercury like drag queens in all the videos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=VcZnRz7WujA

Reading the Marvel vs DC mini series right now
    Skipping the cosmic game parts, and the cube of transporting rays while sitting through it
    It's a mess, with pleasant moments, and some unpleasant
    I was hoping Superman and Spider-Man's crossover would count, but I guess pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths crossovers with DC don't matter for New earth crossovers
    Joker remembers meeting Spider-Man before, and Silver Surfer remembers meeting Kyle before as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer View Post
    I was unsuccessfully trying to be respectful and not offend anyone.
    You were successful at that, no one will fault you
    Maturity is one of those subjective things
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

heya Du.

it got a little chilly this morning, and waiting to find out if my Parents are going to show up today or not (oy. . you really don't want to know details, but cliff notes version):

My Mom's (who is quite ill) Birthday is today.

they called at 10:30 last night to announce they might, or might not, go to San Antonio today (they live in Pearland outside of Houston in a retirement community), and therefore they might, or might not, come down to Austin to meet us for lunch/dinner, and could I look to see what Hotels are nearby?

so I checked around online, and since we are in far North Austin (near the Tech companies), a room at a Comfort Inn, on a Thurs, is still over $170 a night, even on a Thurs.

my Dad (who's a cheapskate) said no way.

he wants to stay central Austin (35 minutes away) to be cheaper, but that defeats the point of even coming to see us, since San Antonio is only 1:20 away.

My Mother REFUSES to stay with us -- it's her Birthday, so she wants to stay in a nice hotel (note what I said about my Dad being a cheapskate. . so she uses Birthdays to get him to spend money) and *actually* wants to stay on the Riverwalk in San Antonio overnight.

my Dad, thinks it would be "nice to see" me/Nick. -- that translates as "a Hotel on the Riverwalk? Do you know how expensive that is??? let's go visit your son instead!".

So my Dad is the one pushing her to come down to Austin, instead of just staying in San Antonio and driving back to Houston tomorrow. (and he tried to lay on the extra guilt last night about how i didn't go to visit on Mother's day, while my Brother and Sister did -- my Dad guilted my Brother into picking up my Sister and bringing her to visit them in their retirement community).

nevermind that I not only JUST got back from a week in Chicago (so didn't want to drive to Houston the next weekend), but I talk to my Mom EVERY Sunday. My Brother and Sister talk to them maybe once a month? and they both live in Houston!

anyways. . I'm working from home today, so I'm just waiting for the phone to ring telling me the latest in the drama, or what the latest crisis is.

as sick as my Mom is (terminal cancer), you can't really plan anything anyways. . so it's iffy if they even are going to get in the car today. Not just because of her health issues, but I can HEAR the fight in my head:

"let's stay in a hotel when you're feeling better"
    "I'm NOT going to be "feeling better".. this is as good as it's going to get. The Doctor's all say to enjoy things NOW"
    "but if you aren't feeling well, you won't enjoy it"
    "Spend the Goddamn money!"

oy. .

so how are YOU?
    lol. My parents aren't that dramatic....or are they but not in front of their kids?

I'm doing well, thank you. The weather's been insanely warm here in the City of Angels. And its finally cooled down just a bit. I'm trying to figure out what to do this weekend, aside from the smog check I need for the car. My best friend and I are thinking of going to the Aquarium of the Pacific; we haven't been there in 7 years. Also the closer we are to the water, the cooler it'll be. Perhaps a hike down to the Pointe for some relaxation and meditation....

I live life in the fast line (surely make you lose your mind)!

BANNED

a 31 yr old in Texas was arrested for pretending to be 15 and enrolling in a Christian high school under a false name

ooo. . I like "Safari Disco Club"

are you familiar with TYP (the Young Professionals)?

I prefer my dance pop to have a cute gay, Israeli slant: (with Freddy Mercury like drag queens in all the videos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=VcZnRz7WujA
    I am checking them out now. So, I guess you like Mika?

Also, I will admit to being disconcertingly turned on by this video. It's not NSFW, but not necessarily appropriate either.

[...]

so how are YOU?
    Time to have an unexpected business trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    a 31 yr old in Texas was arrested for pretending to be 15 and enrolling in a Christian high school under a false name
    And a 17-year-old in Kentucky was thrown out of a Christian school prom because she was giving the middle-aged dad chaperones lustful thoughts.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist