Page 358 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 2583083483543553563573583593603613623684084588581358 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

I might have to wait for BluRay for this one.

I might drag myself to the cinema for that one. By myself. Again.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

That never really bothered me once I got divorced. It was better than sitting next to someone who wanted me to explain every damned thing to her, even though if she'd shut up and pay attention they'd tell her on screen in a minute or two.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

I also have to wait one week until seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past, it will start showing on 30 May. Between now and that date I will be treading the X-books forum carefully, as on one of the appreciation threads someone posted a spoiler video from the movie.

I know my friends are gonna drag me to see X-Men no matter what I say, so I'll watch it and be done with it.

I also really feel like playing a superhero MMO game. I don't know if I'll see how Champions is shaping up or try DCUO again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I know my friends are gonna drag me to see X-Men no matter what I say, so I'll watch it and be done with it.
    You make it seem like you have no choice? It is a choice to watch or not, right?

I also really feel like playing a superhero MMO game. I don't know if I'll see how Champions is shaping up or try DCUO again.
    Champions sounds familiar, I think Paradox plays that game. I don't know about DCUO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Britain is England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island.
    England is JUST England.
    A Scot, for instance, will cop to being British, but don't call him English.
    Not sure if it's entirely like that. I always figured that Wales and Scotland are geographically part of Great Britain, but that calling either the Welsh or the Scots 'British' is a no-no.

The 'United' part in 'United Kingdom' originally referred to the unification of the territories of Great Britain and Ireland; nowadays you still often see it spelled out as 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Anyone watching the new X-Men movie (Days of Future Past) this weekend?

I won't be able to, not showing here for a while.
    I'm probably gonna go see it in the weekend of June 1st. I hear good things about it from people who've seen it.

I used to hate going to the theater, (because people!) but nowadays I actually enjoy it a lot. I always go alone, though. Usually I pick a matinee of a film that's been playing for a good couple of weeks, so that it's not too crowded. But sometimes I make an exception and I'll go to an earlier viewing.

Not all that bothered about the changes they made to the story. Thing that probably irks me the most is that they didn't pick Kitty to travel back in time, as she did in the comic, but then it makes sense that this would be impossible for her given that she wasn't born yet in the 1970s, and therefore doesn't have a body to travel back to.

Comics!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

In other news, I just heard that I got my first 9-hour shift at the warehouse next Monday. Kinda excited about that, let's hope it'll work out okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    In other news, I just heard that I got my first 9-hour shift at the warehouse next Monday. Kinda excited about that, let's hope it'll work out okay!
    What kind of work will you be doing?

I was once a warehouse worker too, for a few months

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    What kind of work will you be doing?

I was once a warehouse worker too, for a few months
    Not quite sure yet! They'll fill me in as I go along, but it'll mostly involve keeping up with the supplies, moving boxes from point A to point B.

And for any Dutch folks lurking: no, that's not a mistranslation, and I won't be working at a department store à la Hema.

How are you doing, Rei?

I am doing good! It's weekend here now, but hard to do things outside of home because of the rainy season. Or hard to plan things because the weather is unpredictable, I have never seen a place that proves the weather forecasts wrong so often. But I am sure it will be a nice weekend.

And you, anything good this weekend?

No, this weekend is going to be uneventful. I'm just going to chill out with some books, and, if the weather is nice, stretch my legs a bit and go for a stroll.

By the way, do you still play goalkeeper since moving to Ryukyu?

I have not played since I got here! I have not given it too much thought, I don't have much friends here and I also have not played for about 2 years now.

It is possible that my football days are over. But it's ok

Does the new movie start showing there today, or next weekend?

Neither chicken nor egg. Dizzy D's Avatar

Meanwhile my weekend is going to be anything but uneventful. Time for our yearly fencing tournament again. Two days of 7.00-19.00 working to make everything go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Meanwhile my weekend is going to be anything but uneventful. Time for our yearly fencing tournament again. Two days of 7.00-19.00 working to make everything go smoothly.
    Good luck to you! Are you a swordsman or the tournament organizer?