Page 397 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 2973473873933943953963973983994004014074474978971397 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    you'll learn in the Friday doc (really is fantastic), that part VII ("the New Blood"). . is called by many, "Fri-Gay the 13th" as almost all the male leads were gay actors. Helps explain the lack of chemistry among some characters
    interesting...in the Nightmare doc, they do address the "subtext" in Nightmare 2, and most of the people said they didn't see it, but the screenwriter intended it and also the actor who played Jesse was gay

BANNED

That's the one with Meryl Streep right? I think that's streaming on Netflix now, I'm going to have to go back and watch that.

BANNED

no not Meryl Streep...the actress was cast because she did look similar to her

BANNED

I'll be damned, I remembered it as Streep. Been a while (not one of the most rewatchable of the series).

BANNED

so Marvel is crossing off the Fantastic Four to spite Fox??

thats the story making it around the internets today

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I watched the X-Men movie tonight and really loved it! For anyone who is a comic book fan, especially of Marvel or the X-Men, you must see it. That is all. Good night!
    I saw it today back-to-back with Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was a fantastic afternoon/evening! I actually rate both of them pretty highly, though between them my favourite is probably Spidey 2. It's not better than te 2nd Raimi film, but I enjoyed it better than the 1st Raimi one. I thought the silly parts in it weren't distracting, it managed to keep a fine balance between fun and drama, and Garfield and Stone were adorable together.

As for DoFP, Michael Fassbender carried that movie. Oh God does he sell a good Magneto. I'd even say he was giving McKellen a run for his money.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    As for DoFP, Michael Fassbender carried that movie. Oh God does he sell a good Magneto. I'd even say he was giving McKellen a run for his money.
    agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    We are all comic fans here, that is almost confirmed by us being here
    I'm a casual fan of X-Men, possibly losing interest in the franchise
    I understand, but as a fan of the X-Men I would not agree of course. It is just the way of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've been struck by sudden and tremendous irony. I haven't read an X-Men comic in well over a decade, probably not since before the turn of the century, but I love the X-Men movie franchise. Go figure.
    I can understand how this would be the case. I tried reading Neon Genesis Evangelion, and this is after the anime and movies I already watched. I stopped, because I felt the anime and movies were more enjoyable.

Did you watch Days of Future Past? Did you like it?

I saw it today back-to-back with Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was a fantastic afternoon/evening! I actually rate both of them pretty highly, though between them my favourite is probably Spidey 2. It's not better than te 2nd Raimi film, but I enjoyed it better than the 1st Raimi one. I thought the silly parts in it weren't distracting, it managed to keep a fine balance between fun and drama, and Garfield and Stone were adorable together.

I would not be able to watch 2 movies back to back like that. I don't know why I may be like that but perhaps too much sitting and doing the same thing for me to enjoy.

I like Fassbender in both movies. It seems unless a movie is set in the past again you won't see him as Magneto anymore.

I just enjoyed the movie a lot and felt happy throughout!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've been struck by sudden and tremendous irony. I haven't read an X-Men comic in well over a decade, probably not since before the turn of the century, but I love the X-Men movie franchise. Go figure.
    Things like this happen
    That's how casual fans and regular movie viewers feel

I definitely prefer Fassbender to McKellen as Magneto

I understand, but as a fan of the X-Men I would not agree of course. It is just the way of the world!
    True

I can understand how this would be the case. I tried reading Neon Genesis Evangelion, and this is after the anime and movies I already watched. I stopped, because I felt the anime and movies were more enjoyable.
    I almost always prefer the comic version of something to the adaption
    Makes me wonder what are the exceptions
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I almost always prefer the comic version of something to the adaption
    Makes me wonder what are the exceptions
    I think I prefer movie Avengers over the comic. Not really a fan of either but that is my preference.

I would say the same of Spiderman.

With the X-Men I like both very much.

Blew most of my day dozing off and playing Mario Kart 8. It's a friday for me, alright. lol

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    speaking of Netflix, watched a cool documentary about the Nightmare on Elm Street series - 'Never Sleep Again' - very comprehensive and all the films and work that went into them
    Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    they also have done EXCELLENT documentaries on "Return of the Living Dead" -- featuring interviews with casts from ALL films.

as well as a stunning "Friday the 13th" series (yes, including the TV show!) comprehensive Doc. . .that's almost 7 hours long!
    I think I watched that Nightmare on Elm Street documentary on Encore or FEARnet On Demand.

There was also this excellent Jason Voorhees documentary that was hosted by Tom Savini called His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th.

Another documentary I enjoyed was Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I think I prefer movie Avengers over the comic. Not really a fan of either but that is my preference.

I would say the same of Spiderman.

With the X-Men I like both very much.
    Comic Spider-Man is better than the movie version
    Ok, so when it comes to team books I can prefer some animated versions
    Except the Justice League, I just love the Justice League too much to prefer one version over the other
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Blew most of my day dozing off and playing Mario Kart 8. It's a friday for me, alright. lol
    Play on the Wii? Well at least it seems like a fun Friday!

Comic Spider-Man is better than the movie version
    Ok, so when it comes to team books I can prefer some animated versions
    Except the Justice League, I just love the Justice League too much to prefer one version over the other
    Do you think being a fan of Justice League (or in my case X-Men) causes you to like no matter the way the story is presented, whether movie or comic?

Do you think being a fan of Justice League (or in my case X-Men) causes you to like no matter the way the story is presented, whether movie or comic?
    The opposite seems to be more common, with fandom taken as a whole.

Speaking only for myself, I just want a good story, well-told. Do that and I'm happy.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist