Page 435 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 3353854254314324334344354364374384394454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    Moring all.

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/mornagary/0C8F27F0-4E33-4BB6-98F6-D8CC5AC00901-1216-00000087294579BE.jpg[/]

These last couple of days have been horrible for Morna and I. I took this photo last summer of our kittens Kodos and Kang. Kang (on the right) hasn't been eating lately so we took him to the vet yesterday. The vet found a lump in his abdomen and we took him to the pet hospital for x-rays, ultrasounds, etc. He has lymphoma, which is a cancer that has already spread into several lymph nodes and his pancreas. The choices were $8,000 of more for aggressive chemotherapy, with a 30% chance of recovery or bring him home to spend a wee bit of time with his brother and euthanize within 48hours. Tomorrow we say goodbye. He would have been two years old in August. It's just so fucking unfair.

Added bonus? Today is Morna's birthday. (sarcasm)
    Oh, Gary. That's so sad.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'm sorry, Gary. That really sucks.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

These last couple of days have been horrible for Morna and I. I took this photo last summer of our kittens Kodos and Kang. Kang (on the right) hasn't been eating lately so we took him to the vet yesterday. The vet found a lump in his abdomen and we took him to the pet hospital for x-rays, ultrasounds, etc. He has lymphoma, which is a cancer that has already spread into several lymph nodes and his pancreas. The choices were $8,000 of more for aggressive chemotherapy, with a 30% chance of recovery or bring him home to spend a wee bit of time with his brother and euthanize within 48hours. Tomorrow we say goodbye. He would have been two years old in August. It's just so fucking unfair.
    I'm so sorry, Gary. You have my sympathies on your loss.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I am sorry for your loss Gary. I hope you at least have many pics like the one you posted, that is a very cute pic.

Yeah, it sucks. We are spending the day with Kang and there are small windows where he seems happy and inquisitive. He is sticking to Morna like glue. His brother Kodos is opting to stay out of the house today, which is not typical behavior. He has come up the stairs a couple of times to check on Kang and then disappears again.

Sorry to hear that Gary, Morna

Condolences for your loss. I've lost a few pets in my lifetime and it's always been so hard to get over losing a little friend.

That's so hard. I'm sorry for your loss. Especially being that he's still so young. Unfair is the best way to describe it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Gary. As Pip posted your cat got 2 great years nearly with you. That is more than what some sadly receive.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony View Post
    Sorry to hear that Gary, Morna
    ditto.

My condolences, and I'm glad you're getting to spend a nice day with him.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Because its better to spend 20 bucks that'll last over 10 years instead of a lame Xbox game that'll be obsolete in about 4 months....
    Also, the interaction with real people is nicer than over a headphone.
    You gotta have friends who live close enough to come play for that to work...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    You mean there'd be less indoctrination of young minds against those fine, responsible gun owners and the NRA?
    Well, I was thinking more "Sometimes life sucks and people die, learning to deal with that is part of growing up." but you could go with anti-gun propaganda if you really want.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

I'm terribly sorry to hear that news, Gary.

I'm glad that Kang got to have those two years with you and Morna and that he's having a pretty good day today.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I'm still here. I never say anything, but that's not important.
    It is important Gozer! That Avengers game is kicking my butt! I constantly need gold, it is a struggle to get my team upgraded when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    Nice meeting you, Joedocwife. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.
    Thank you, you to.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone as we celebrate a brand new day fun and cheery frolic here at the Kinder and Gentler OR ELSE nuCBR forums! Nothing's new with me, other than game one of the Stanley Cup Finals starting tonight. YAY!
    Nothing much new here either, just found out that for the third year in a row no raise once again! Cannot wait to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Hugs back!
    Your avatar seems to be broken. Would you like to borrow a cup of glue to fix it?
    I did not break my avator, maybe Hulk did! Just found out about the avatar change, I will have to get one I like! Hope you do to.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Morning people.
    Evening Puma.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Girding my loins for a kindergarten class visit this a.m., then final shopping for summer reading supplies. I need the weekend to arrive early.

How you doing?

btw- Rupert is next to me snoring! it is amazing how loud an eight pound cat can be.
    Should hear Sabrina, a 15 pound cat, snore! OMG you can hear her across the room! She is slowly adjusting to the loss of her brother, she is still not herself though.

Moring all.

Added bonus? Today is Morna's birthday. (sarcasm)

So sorry for your loss, I understand completely what you are going through just had to go through this a month ago. Salem would have been 18 in July. 2 or 18, either way, it is difficult and painful. Kang had a loving family and sibling that is important. Kodos adjustment without Kang will be hard to watch. When Salem died, Sabrina spent an half hour crying and looking for him. She has also become very clingy and needy. We are not going to get her a new playmate, people are going to suggest that for kudos, because we will be moving in a couple of months and that will also upset her. Treasure the memories you have, she had the best gift, a loving family.
    Last edited by Joedocwife; 06-04-2014 at 06:19 PM.

I'm sorry, Gary. That's so horrible to hear.