Page 505 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 540545549550150250350450550650750850951555560510051505 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,575 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    What's going on everybody, back from my 2 days off, anything new?
    Hey... well not much changed in the past two days. From my perspective, away.

Did you have a good two-day break?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety Lad View Post

Can't complain. Really freakin' hot out. But I'm inside with air conditioning and a bunch of old X-Men books to read so I'm a happy camper.

So did any of y'all used to go by other names before the April 30th Zero Hour Reboot?
    I had another name, but I can't remember what it was. It had been a few years since I last logged in here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Really, America? The 10th anniversary of The Notebook is going to be a thing we celebrate?
    just ignore it...it may go away

Dodgeball should get an anniversary edition IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Hey... well not much changed in the past two days. From my perspective, away.

Did you have a good two-day break?
    I had my regular days off, I have an odd schedule, midnights 7pm to 7am, I work 5 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on and 5 days off.

How's life on the other side of the world?

What's going on everybody, back from my 2 days off, anything new?
    I had my regular days off, I have an odd schedule, midnights 7pm to 7am, I work 5 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on and 5 days off.

How's life on the other side of the world?
    Life here is hot and humid at the moment. It actually looks like it'll be a decent day, haven't had that in awhile. Prepping to go out on the road next week, and also trying to go someplace nice during the 4th of July weekend, destination TBD!

Are you former military? I remember glancing at a post that led me to believe so.

Are you former military? I remember glancing at a post that led me to believe so.
    I am, former Army Airborne Infantry and then switched over to Air Force where I was an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter.

What about you?

Not really sure what to do on that side of the world, where I'm at, it's usually a family/friend get together bonfire.

I am, former Army Airborne Infantry and then switched over to Air Force where I was an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter.

What about you?

Not really sure what to do on that side of the world, where I'm at, it's usually a family/friend get together bonfire.
    I was active duty Air Force, civil engineer. Now on reserve status, working a civilian position with the DoD as an infrastructure planner in the far east.

Here, a friend/family get together is possible for me! Got lots of family/friends in HK/SIN/JP/RP. Trying to evaluate where to go, if any.

As an Aircraft Rescue firefighter, were you assigned to the CES? Or a flying squadron? Or neither?

I was CES with the 127th out of Selfridge MI, National Guard, once I got out of the Army I worked in Vegas and then Chicago as a firefighter and when I went home to Michigan to work with US Customs I missed the military and firefighting so I reenlisted in the Guard unit.

Must be nice in Japan, I've always wanted to go, plus working for the DoD you have got to be making a butt load of money. How many years do you have in the military?

I'm looking to go back to Japan, that would be awesome. I think the contractors here make more than us civilian employees though they have far less job security. But yeah the money is pretty good, better than the same position in the states.

I had 8 years active duty, and 2 years reserve.

I had 8 years active and 6 years Guard, just couldn't do the deployments with kids anymore, single dad and all. I do miss it though, but I have a great job and make a lot of money, so it helps get over it.

Well since I didn't say it earlier, thank you for your service. Plus I love your avatar, one of my favorite characters of all time

I can easily understand one's reasons for separating, as I've done it myself.

Thanks, and thank you for your service as well. I'm honored to have served in the same service as another honorable person.

Motown Rage and Wedge Antilles thank you both for your honorable service!

You to Wedge, I'm sure you can tell, it's just not the same service types as when we joined, either that or we are both just getting old.

Thank you Rei, welcome aboard

You're welcome Rei, it's an honor and I've been blessed with many opportunities to reach outside of the US borders to assist... and makes friends.

Motown, you have 14 years service... don't feel like you could do six more?

You're welcome Rei, it's an honor and I've been blessed with many opportunities to reach outside of the US borders to assist... and makes friends.

Motown, you have 14 years service... don't feel like you could do six more?
    I do, but I have full custody of both my daughters, every time I have left for a deployment it was hard on them and my ex wife when we were together. Now that I have them full time and a new wife, I just can't see myself doing that to them again, learn from your mistakes or you are doomed to repeat them. Trust me though, 6 years is a cake walk, I'm 39, I could easily do it, but my old unit is do up for a deployment in the next few years to go overseas, if I changed back to a Guard unit in the Army or something I might be able to finish. But honestly, I work for CBP, if I left for military service, I would lose half my salary during that time, so in the end, I think it's better for my family and myself to just accept things as they are and be happy with my decisions, live without regrets. Plus I can buy back 6 years of my service for my job to add to retirement, so instead of 24 years at retirement I will get 30

I give you credit for plugging forward, I for one was getting tired of all the computer courses we had to do for upgrades in the AF

BANNED

Bleeding cool jpeg. New Mad Max photo. Hardy as Max with Charlize Theron