Page 54 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    This is absurd.
    Agreed. I don't like the implication being made. I'm going to stick to the appreciation threads forum.

I have absolutely no problem with posters making their first appearance here to acknowledge their reservations with the new thread. That's quite reasonable. But come on, folks, once you've made your position heard, either chat here or move on. It doesn't follow to keep chatting in a chat thread about how the chat thread won't work. Either chat or get off the pot, as it were.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    AND block everyone who quotes me. That's important.
    At the least, some of us can remove the color when we quote you.

See, compromise, almost as if we all went to Kindergarten.

As an aside, BPD, I shall never Ya know what word I wanna use again. Unfortunately. Or maybe not unfortunate, as that implies luck of some kind. Just...Sad. Yeah. Sad is a good word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with posters making their first appearance here to acknowledge their reservations with the new thread. That's quite reasonable. But come on, folks, once you've made your position heard, either chat here or move on. It doesn't follow to keep chatting in a chat thread about how the chat thread won't work. Either chat or get off the pot, as it were.
    The voice of reason.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Eli.C View Post
    At the least, some of us can remove the color when we quote you.

See, compromise, almost as if we all went to Kindergarten.

As an aside, BPD, I shall never Ya know what word I wanna use again. Unfortunately. Or maybe not unfortunate, as that implies luck of some kind. Just...Sad. Yeah. Sad is a good word for that.
    HAHAHAHAHA, you do the same thing I do. I totally wipe that color off like a bad sticker.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Member in Disguise

And DON'T eat her cookies. Trust me.
    Cookies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cronin View Post
    Pot?

...not all of us live in Colorado, ya know.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Or just block you.
    how does one use this block feature~~ Can't we just block anyone else who wasn't in our own respective cliquey chats?

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    how does one use this block feature~~ Can't we just block anyone else who wasn't in our own respective cliquey chats?
    Theoretically, but it'd be rude and rather counterproductive. Is it really that arduous to interact with new people?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Oh, I like you already. My apologies.
    Thank you. May we be the loveliest of friends. May I note that I approve of your use of pink?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Click on someone's name, and then you go to their profile and blocking is a simple click. It's very effective when there's only one or two people you want to ignore. But sometimes you get entire thread pages of "You Have blocked this user's posts" and that's kind of agitating. Blocking to actively only see the posts of those you wish to converse with leads to that unfortunately.

Wow, someone is having a hard time coping. Blocking others is kind of harsh. It says, "I have no interest in anything you have to say ever." And you would do that to everyone that wasn't in your clique? Harsh, man.
    Pull List

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Click on someone's name, and then you go to their profile and blocking is a simple click. It's very effective when there's only one or two people you want to ignore. But sometimes you get entire thread pages of "You Have blocked this user's posts" and that's kind of agitating.
    And something I took to mean that maybe I was in the wrong place for my tastes.

I think I understand the fear that this place will become one such thread, and I won't deny that BPD and Munch are more than capable of filling up a page with replies to people (Though BPD at least multi-quotes from time to time), but if we'd take the time to actually talk about stuff we liked as opposed to this one thing no one is really happy about, I think it'd be okay.

BANNED

Bwahahaha! This is amazing.
    I like the mass interaction.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Ugh. I hate the new no swearing rule! It is... DUMB! Oh... but I can swear in candy. Don't fudge with me, Brian. I will lavender your lollipop.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Eli.C View Post
    And something I took to mean that maybe I was in the wrong place for my tastes.

I think I understand the fear that this place will become one such thread, and I won't deny that BPD and Munch are more than capable of filling up a page with replies to people (Though BPD at least multi-quotes from time to time), but if we'd take the time to actually talk about stuff we liked as opposed to this one thing no one is really happy about, I think it'd be okay.
    I am someone....
    Pull List