Page 551 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 5145150154154754854955055155255355455556160165110511551 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Is your area of Japan known for having a lot of tropical storms?
    Hi Pharozonk,

Yes, the Ryukyu islands often get hit strong by typhoons. I think more than any other part of Japan. This would be my first experience with a typhoon here, since I moved here from Tokyo early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    Stay Safe Rei
    I will, thanks!

If anyone's interested in tracking the progress of the typhoon: weather tracked at Kadena Air Base
    (Go Air Force!)

The typhoon isn't expected to hit until 24 hours from now, hence the TCCOR 2 status at this time. In US department of defense terms.

I'm tracking this for a couple of reasons. Damage to facilities could possibly result in my work taking me there, and the typhoon is northward bound and could potentially head up to Korea, which would also result in work, and me getting wet, haha.

I don't have any typhoon's to worry about, just a little thunder and lightning, but on a slow night like tonight we have a pot luck going on at work, and I have a few practical jokes to be played. Gotta make this last night of work fun somehow, it's been a slow week.
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Were you on Kauai during that one? I wasn't there but heard it was the Garden Isle that got slammed the most.
    Kauai got the worst of it. The surrounding islands had flood and wind damage. I was on Oahu. We lived in a higher elevation town and saw a lot of wind damage.

I don't have any typhoon's to worry about, just a little thunder and lightning, but on a slow night like tonight we have a pot luck going on at work, and I have a few practical jokes to be played. Gotta make this last night of work fun somehow, it's been a slow week.
    Are you the workplace joker?

I've tried that on occasion and no one has a sense of humor in the office, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    Kauai got the worst of it. The surrounding islands had flood and wind damage. I was on Oahu. We lived in a higher elevation town and saw a lot of wind damage.
    Sounds like... Mililani? Or Wahiawa, perhaps?

If anyone's interested in tracking the progress of the typhoon: weather tracked at Kadena Air Base
    (Go Air Force!)

The typhoon isn't expected to hit until 24 hours from now, hence the TCCOR 2 status at this time. In US department of defense terms.

I'm tracking this for a couple of reasons. Damage to facilities could possibly result in my work taking me there, and the typhoon is northward bound and could potentially head up to Korea, which would also result in work, and me getting wet, haha.
    Do you know anyone at Kadena? Also, how was Singapore, did you go recently?

[QUOTE=Wedge Antilles;275645]Are you the workplace joker?

I've tried that on occasion and no one has a sense of humor in the office, ever.QUOTE]

I am, we have one officer who is afraid of mice, so I have a cat toy that squeaks attached to a string, that will be fun. Plus the Chief is all for practical jokes, he put black shoe polish on my phone's ear piece, so I bought an air horn I am duct taping to his chair, so when he sits down it will scare the hell out of him and the whole office will hear it.
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Do you know anyone at Kadena? Also, how was Singapore, did you go recently?
    I know a couple of people at Kadena, both with civil engineering. Singapore was beautiful, I think the best weather I've experienced there... not too hot and clear skies, just a bit of rain. Didn't get to do much tourist stuff, but visited the Marina Bay Sands and the waterfront.

I am, we have one officer who is afraid of mice, so I have a cat toy that squeaks attached to a string, that will be fun. Plus the Chief is all for practical jokes, he put black shoe polish on my phone's ear piece, so I bought an air horn I am duct taping to his chair, so when he sits down it will scare the hell out of him and the whole office will hear it.
    Nice! Hope it works out exactly as planned.

I know a couple of people at Kadena, both with civil engineering. Singapore was beautiful, I think the best weather I've experienced there... not too hot and clear skies, just a bit of rain. Didn't get to do much tourist stuff, but visited the Marina Bay Sands and the waterfront.
    Was the Marina Bay sands interesting to visit?

I've been on a nostalgia kick lately and have been playing Pokemon Heart Gold non stop today.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Was the Marina Bay sands interesting to visit?
    It was huge, and being an indoors place the climate was even better. There was an ice rink there, but I didn't try it. Lots of shops, and lots of gambling opportunities. You have to show your passport as a tourist to gamble for free I think, otherwise you're paying a resident fee.

How was Tokyo?

I've been on a nostalgia kick lately and have been playing Pokemon Heart Gold non stop today.
    How old is that game?

How old is that game?
    About 4 years old, but the original version of the game came out back in 2001 so it holds sentimental value for me since my original copy doesnt work anymore.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

About 4 years old, but the original version of the game came out back in 2001 so it holds sentimental value for me since my original copy doesnt work anymore.
    Ah... well I could never get myself into card-type games, with the one exception being the Marvel Trading Card game for PSP.

Have fun though.

It was huge, and being an indoors place the climate was even better. There was an ice rink there, but I didn't try it. Lots of shops, and lots of gambling opportunities. You have to show your passport as a tourist to gamble for free I think, otherwise you're paying a resident fee.

How was Tokyo?
    Is it a nice view of the city from the top of Marina bay sands?

Tokyo was rainy, but I spent majority of time with family and friends. They do a good job of making me cry and feel like going back to live there again. I really enjoyed it though.