Page 596 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 9649654658659259359459559659759859960060664669610961596 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    It's good to be talking to you again as well, Aziz. You must be in the midst of fasting.
    Thanks, and yes

I never cared for Bendis to begin with. I tried his Mighty Avengers, and it did nothing for me. Is there anything he's written that you would consider good-to-excellent? Just trying to expand my views a little.
    DareDevil and Ultimate Spider-Man
    Haven't really read anything else he wrote, but I don't think he likes the secret identity schtick
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    That's cool. I just found a Con in Cincinnati, OH (about 70 mins. away) in September. I may just have to venture to Cincy and experience one this year. Is there any way to see if a con has been considered 'good or bad' from past attendees of Cons in the medium-sized cities? I did a google search of the Convention Name but came up with nada.
    Check and see if they have a website and/or are on Facebook
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Thanks, Doc. I will try the facebook angle....they do have a website, but mainly is there for selling tickets to the 2014 convention. Could not find any references to past years (other than it has been held annually since 2010.) I guess the fact that it has been in existance for 4+ years must say that it wasn't a complete flop in past years.

Facebook is usually good for seeing people's comments. the 2013 comic con I went to was a HUGE clusterf**k. They had Stan Lee and Norman Reedus and obviously had no idea how many people would show up.

They took the comments form Facebook (the constructive ones anyway) and this year was a hundred times more organized

It would seem awfully obvious to me that Stan Lee would be a HUGE draw, and I know literally nothing about comic conventions other than just seeing online pics and so-forth. I would hate to experience the clusterboink you described. Kinda makes you wonder how the people that organize these things manage to get put 'in charge' of something and then don't bother to investigate the potential draw of a certain celebrity... (I mean it's Stan Lee FFS....how could you not anticipate his draw to comic fans, even if you had no clue about comics? A simple 2 minute search of the internet would tell you that he was one of the most influential comic book personalities of the last half century!)

You're preachin to the choir

Thanks for the Bendis recommendations, you guys... I'll keep 'em in the back of my mind. Got so much else I want to check out first.

I was set to visit my first sci-fi con earlier this year, but something got in between and I couldn't go. The con wasn't specifically comic book related, though. Of course, at this moment it just so happens that I'm in more of an 'asocial' frame of mind, so I'll probably pass up on the upcoming conventions for now.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

as for Bendis I liked his run in Daredevil too and in ultimate Spider-Man, but not so much in Ultimate X-men.

And about conic convention I've never been one one, but as I'm changing to Massachusetts in august, I'll try to go this year at the NY comic con, I don't know much about how this conventions work but always had some curiosity about it.

^Moving out of Brazil, Ana? Are you going to the Massachusetts to study, or for work, etc.? That's quite the big move. And you're probably gonna love your first convention. Lots of like-minded folks who get all the geeky references, that's always good.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Are you talking about the 80s big names like Stallone and Schwarzie? Because those have some staying power. Especially if you throw Van Dammer into the mix for some martial arts madness.
    Oh, most definitely Sly and Ah-nold! And don't forget Chuck Norris who turned out true classics in the 80's like Invasion U.S.A. and The Delta Force! Oh, yeah! Clint was kickin' it in the 80's with Firefox and Heartbreak Ridge!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-19-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, most definitely Sly and Ah-nold! And don't forget Chuck Norris who turned out true classics in the 80's like Invasion U.S.A. and The Delta Force! Oh, yeah! Clint was kickin' it in the 80's with Firefox and Heartbreak Ridge!
    I specifically remember Lone Wolf McQuade, in which Chuck squares off against David Carradine. That was boss. I also really felt for this one character called Dakota, who was this old dude in a Hawaiian shirt who gets killed off about halfway through the movie, and is basically pinned to the ground and begs for mercy before they shoot him. Also, that movie featured a young Robert Beltran (Commander Chakotay of Star Trek Voyager fame).

^Moving out of Brazil, Ana? Are you going to the Massachusetts to study, or for work, etc.? That's quite the big move. And you're probably gonna love your first convention. Lots of like-minded folks who get all the geeky references, that's always good.
    Yes. I'm going to study and to do an internship at the end of the program. The Government is making a Scientific Mobility Program, seeding Brazilians to study everywhere, my first choice was Netherlands but end it up that the TOEFL would be free for the USA And yes is quite a big movie I'm so excited and scared at the same time specially because I've never been abroad. Yeah it seems like a nice thing that's why I always wanted to go to one.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Looks mighty tasty!
    It is! Do you miss japan ramen?

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    Feeling like I wasted my summer. It's my last few days at home and then I'm off, and i'm feeling a little let down by some people. Thanks for asking!
    Whatever you do, don't let yourself down, regardless of other people

I never cared for Bendis to begin with. I tried his Mighty Avengers, and it did nothing for me. Is there anything he's written that you would consider good-to-excellent? Just trying to expand my views a little.
    All New X-Men, very interesting idea and it is pretty good.

Other than that, no liking of Bendis.

Morning folks
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental." - Yogi Berra