Page 885 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 3857858358758818828838848858868878888898959359851385 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I've cultivated the ability to keep reading despite almost anything going on. If I were into the book enough, I could probably read through a Bernie Goetz incident.
    Sorry that is what I was saying, I literally was putting my bookmark onto the page as I was getting off the train. I have very nearly missed my stop the last 2 days as I was trying to get to a point where I could finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Anyway, jesse, how was TFcon?
    It was great! The con floor was big and had a lot of variety, they had room set aside just to display 3rd party figures. I caught the tail end of a couple of Beast Wars voice actors, and then got to listen to an uncensored Aaron Archer which was really good,he answered a lot of questions, and surprisingly most of them were about Alternators. My last event was the 3rd party panel, and it was ok, a lot of crap is coming, and 2 seperate companies are making Defensors, Masterpiece sized Dinobots, and Megatrons. At the very end of their panel, they closed the doors and told us no pictures, and then took out a protype mold of a combined Dinoking, it was really cool looking, I cannot wait for them to start releasing the limbs.

Also on the show floor I saw one of the 2 different masterpiece sized Astrotrains, now I need to figure out which one to get.

Nice little animated tribute to the G1 Autobot ladies by Randall Ng and DrSmoov:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSm8r4oyNM

Love me some Moonracer.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Sorry that is what I was saying, I literally was putting my bookmark onto the page as I was getting off the train. I have very nearly missed my stop the last 2 days as I was trying to get to a point where I could finish.
    Ohhhhhhhh, that. Yeah, that's the downside.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

It was great! The con floor was big and had a lot of variety, they had room set aside just to display 3rd party figures. I caught the tail end of a couple of Beast Wars voice actors, and then got to listen to an uncensored Aaron Archer which was really good,he answered a lot of questions, and surprisingly most of them were about Alternators. My last event was the 3rd party panel, and it was ok, a lot of crap is coming, and 2 seperate companies are making Defensors, Masterpiece sized Dinobots, and Megatrons. At the very end of their panel, they closed the doors and told us no pictures, and then took out a protype mold of a combined Dinoking, it was really cool looking, I cannot wait for them to start releasing the limbs.

Also on the show floor I saw one of the 2 different masterpiece sized Astrotrains, now I need to figure out which one to get.
    Awesome! Sounds like a great time. Did you nab any more figures/toys to add to your collection? (not talking about the Astrotrains)

Ohhhhhhhh, that. Yeah, that's the downside.
    What I do when I get close to my destination, is finish the page where I know that I won't be able to finish the next one; that's where I place my bookmark. I don't have much trouble picking up in the middle of a particularly entertaining/exciting chapter; I just jump right back in again.

Well it looks like my group in my government is called the Avengers. I hate it when people who don't like or don't read superhero comics talk about superheroes.

Awesome! Sounds like a great time. Did you nab any more figures/toys to add to your collection? (not talking about the Astrotrains)
    Some 3rd party made this little set:

A friend is big fan of Blurr so we split it and I kept Ironhide.

What I do when I get close to my destination, is finish the page where I know that I won't be able to finish the next one; that's where I place my bookmark. I don't have much trouble picking up in the middle of a particularly entertaining/exciting chapter; I just jump right back in again.
    So you have never almost missed your stop because you were in the middle of a page.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well it looks like my group in my government is called the Avengers. I hate it when people who don't like or don't read superhero comics talk about superheroes.
    I like it, because it means I can join in for once.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

I like it, because it means I can join in for once.
    I get annoyed when they berate for not liking a movie like the Dark Knight by saying that I'm too much of a "fanboy" who can't appreciate Nolan's genius.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 10-28-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

So you have never almost missed your stop because you were in the middle of a page.
    I just enter speed-reading mode and glance over the paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I get annoyed when they berate for not looking a movie like the Dark Knight by saying that I'm too much of a "fanboy" who can't appreciated Nolan's genius.
    Wow, that's so silly.

Okay, this is making me squee and squee and squee uncontrollably. Before, I was worried that Marvel was oversaturating the movie market with these superhero flicks. Now I say fug it, open the floodgates!

Okay, this is making me squee and squee and squee uncontrollably. Before, I was worried that Marvel was oversaturating the movie market with these superhero flicks. Now I say fug it, open the floodgates!
    I'm actually growing tired of the entire genre. Let's see something new in theaters every summer.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I'm actually growing tired of the entire genre. Let's see something new in theaters every summer.
    Hey, j-j-jaded, you got your mama's style
    But you're yesterday's child to me
    So jaded
    You think that's where it's at
    But is that where it's supposed to be?
    You're getting it all over me and serrated

My my baby blue
    Yeah, I've been thinking about ya
    My my baby blue
    Yeah you're so jaded
    And I'm the one that jaded you

Hey j-j-jaded
    In all its misery
    It will always be what I loved and hated
    And maybe take a ride to the other side
    We're thinking of
    We'll slip into the velvet glove
    And be jaded

My my baby blue
    Yeah, I've been thinking 'bout ya
    My my baby blue
    Yeah I'm so jaded
    And baby, I'm afraid of you

Your thinking's so complicated
    I've had it all up to here
    But it's so overrated
    Loved and hated
    Wouldn't trade it
    Love me, jaded

Hey j-j-jaded
    There ain't no "Baby, please"
    When I'm shootin the breeze with her
    When everything you see is a blur
    And ectasy's what you prefer

My my baby blue
    I'm talking about ya
    My my baby blue
    Yeah I've been thinking about ya
    My my baby blue
    Yeah, you're so jaded
    Baby, jaded
    Baby, you're so jaded
    'Cause I'm the one that jaded you

I personally like every superhero movie, to a certain extent. I never really cared if they did the character perfectly because that's what the comics are for, or at least were for before the New 52. Superhero movies are long past due, but I do agree that there needs to be some actual good movies beside superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I personally like every superhero movie, to a certain extent. I never really cared if they did the character perfectly because that's what the comics are for, or at least were for before the New 52. Superhero movies are long past due, but I do agree that there needs to be some actual good movies beside superhero movies.
    Well, that's what the smaller arthouse theatres are for, and the film festivals.

I schedule to take the next two weekends to visit the Leiden International Film Festival, and see a bunch of movies that might be good.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

byrd156 just needs a Waffle House:

Yeah, it's like why are you reading in public, you must be a freak.
    What ya readin' for?
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)