Page 893 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 3937938438838898908918928938948958968979039439931393 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

^Traffic in the off topic thread has gone down significantly when compared to pre-Reboot CBR, too. 3 hours between two posts was pretty rare in any of the major chat threads, except for when America was sleeping.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I always have a hard time in chat. Stuck in an odd time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Then I pass salutes.
    I salute you right back!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yes indeed! The NFL and college football seasons are at the halfway point, the NHL and NBA seasons are just underway, and college hoops are right around the corner. YAY! I'm also a veteran (Navy: 1976-1996), so I appreciate the importance of Veteran's Day. I have so many fond memories of my time in the service, and of the many exotic and exciting places I got to visit. All in all, I'm PROUD to have served!
    Thank you for your service! 20 years is quite significant, my time is shorter but it is a great honor to serve.

I like the NHL and NFL, and to a slightly lesser degree NBA. Don't like college sports too much. But Nov - Jun is my favorite time of year for sports watching.

And are you taking a 4-day weekend? I'm using one of my travel comp days to make it a 4-day, want to take some serious time to see the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I am looking forward to Veteran's Day as well, 14 years of service, I get to spend the day with my daughter's class as they honor Veteran's from our small community.
    Getting to participate in Vet's day events at school was one of my favorite things while in the US. Overseas, it doesn't seem to happen at all so it's a bit more somber for me. Enjoy it and the time with the daughter in school!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I'm a huge Weezer fan. My favorite song of theirs is probably Pink Triangle.
    I was listening to that one just this morning, right after I posted in fact! Such a good track, and definitely one of my favorite albums. Like, top 5 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I was listening to that one just this morning, right after I posted in fact! Such a good track, and definitely one of my favorite albums. Like, top 5 at least.
    I never would have guessed from the name .

I've been going through Google. And it seems like a lot of artists have been captivated by the story of Vasila the Beautiful just like me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Vasi...AUoAQ#imgdii=_
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 11-06-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Pinkerton and the "blue album" would easily be in my top 10 favorite music albums of all time.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Where is An Overdose of Death on your list?

Wow, CBR has changed over the 5 years I've not graced it. Ignoring the reset, there's no discussion in the main comics boards about actual books, every thread is an 'appreciation' to a character...

Weird.

Yeah, it can be a challenge sometimes wading through all the appreciation threads to try and find some actual discussion.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone. I have off from work today, feels weird because I don't take time off all that often, but, I'll do my level best to enjoy myself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone. I have off from work today, feels weird because I don't take time off all that often, but, I'll do my level best to enjoy myself.
    Ohayo!

Have a nice off day! I'm having a 4 day weekend

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Wow, CBR has changed over the 5 years I've not graced it. Ignoring the reset, there's no discussion in the main comics boards about actual books, every thread is an 'appreciation' to a character...

Weird.
    True, talk about overkill.
    And I admit starting one of the appreciation threads in the old boards.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post

Weird.
    Welcome back, Fury. I haven't been reading new issues lately, so I haven't visited the Marvel and X-Books forums in a while (I was mostly active on the Classic Comics board just before the reset). Hope you'll stick around anyway, discussion about general comic book stuff seems to have moved here to the Community board, and sometimes there's in-depth discussions in the CSBG forum as well, so let's see what goes where.

The old X-Cres crew from about '05-'08 seems to have dispersed, so I'm always glad to see an old face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    True, talk about overkill.
    And I admit starting one of the appreciation threads in the old boards.
    I'm guilty of starting one as well pre-reboot, you can probably guess which character it was dedicated to.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Pinkerton and the "blue album" would easily be in my top 10 favorite music albums of all time.
    I would probably call Blue my favorite album ever, "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here" being my favorite song ever. And Pinkerton is right up there with it for, given that "Why Bother?" and "Butterfly" are also some of my favorite songs!