Page 894 of 1597 FirstFirst ... 3947948448848908918928938948958968978989049449941394 ... LastLast
Results 13,396 to 13,410 of 23955

Thread: CBR Chat

Anyone doing anything fun over the weekend?

My bachelor party's tomorrow night.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I have the hookers lined up, but I can't find a source for the blow.

I've failed you.

Dude, we live in New York. Two words: Wall Street.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Astonishing Member

Hookers and cocaine, amirite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHlXb0PXh4

BANNED

Dude, we live in New York. Two words: Wall Street.
    True enough. I'll just knock someone down on my way home and pick some pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Welcome back, Fury. I haven't been reading new issues lately, so I haven't visited the Marvel and X-Books forums in a while (I was mostly active on the Classic Comics board just before the reset). Hope you'll stick around anyway, discussion about general comic book stuff seems to have moved here to the Community board, and sometimes there's in-depth discussions in the CSBG forum as well, so let's see what goes where.
    I've only recently caught up myself, even then I only read 3 books, Uncanny, X-men and Avengers, the former is improving from okay, latter no longer has Wood and the latter is extremely poor. I came back to see if there was talk about latest announcements/work/stories but the sea of appreciation threads put me off the main X-men forum.

What put me off was All-New X-men, one of the worst plots in comics I've ever read, I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    So far I've bought a new guitar and amp, and upgraded my computer. Today I'm off to the beach with my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    What put me off was All-New X-men, one of the worst plots in comics I've ever read, I hated it.
    I really like it. Bendis has got me back into reading and enjoying X-Men again, which I haven't done since Whedon/Cassaday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Read Iron Man: The Five Nightmares collection today. My gosh, I'd forgotten how brilliant that story was. As a longtime Shellhead fan, that was right up there with Demon in a Bottle and the original Armor Wars. Got World's Most Wanted in the queue to read next. Can't wait!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Nothing fun planned but maybe will have something fun over the weekend. It's a rainy Saturday morning here so today does not look very fun.

Have a great time. Make sure you don't get lost on the roof though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ugh the worst thing in the world is when someone convinces you to leave the house for a little bit and then it takes about 2 and a half hours to get back home.

Nice! Have a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    So far I've bought a new guitar and amp, and upgraded my computer. Today I'm off to the beach with my girlfriend.
    That sounds like a fantastic weekend already. What kind of guitar and what upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Nothing fun planned but maybe will have something fun over the weekend. It's a rainy Saturday morning here so today does not look very fun.
    It was really rainy where I live all week, so now the sky's all rained out -- nice and sunny! Rainy weather is a good day to stay inside read though, that's always what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Read Iron Man: The Five Nightmares collection today. My gosh, I'd forgotten how brilliant that story was. As a longtime Shellhead fan, that was right up there with Demon in a Bottle and the original Armor Wars. Got World's Most Wanted in the queue to read next. Can't wait!
    That's a solid story, definitely agree with it being up there with DiaB and Armor Wars. World's Most Wanted is also very good (possibly better). It's funny you bring up Iron Man; I just picked up the War Games epic collection which has John Byrne's whole run included -- it's been fantastic so far! And JRJR's art is very great in it.