Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Movies that you hope bomb this year.

First let me start by saying, I hope this can be fun and informative but I also know it can be inflammatory, so if mods decide to close it I completely understand. I think it's borderline myself.

Second we've all been there. Seen something either so stupid, or something that's up to it's umpteenth sequel that you really just need the series to end. So which movies this year are you Hoping to bomb.

Note this is not what movies you're expecting to bomb, but hoping, please give reasons why. Also I imagine DC/Marvel is quite easiest way to get this locked please don't without good reason. Though as a Bonus feel free post your expected odds of it bombing

My choices

The Great Wall
    The trailer hurt to watch. Aside from the awful premise, the great wall was secretly made to keep out monsters. We need Matt Damon of all people to show the Chinese how to defend their wall properly .

Chance of bombing: fairly good, coming out after the week of Lego Batman and John Wick 2. Still it's a dead season, it might make some bucks.

Transformers....whatever number they're on
    How it made it this far I don't know, oh wait I do, China.
    I hope it gets crushed by every other release made in the same week, previous week even.

chance of bombing: probably 0. China loves them and there will be a sequel.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

^ Funny thing about The Great Wall: most people think it's a typical case of Hollywood inserting a white guy main character in an otherwise foreign story, but it's actually more like a Chinese epic that features a Western star in hopes of breaking into an international market. Legendary Pictures was bought by Chinese company Wanda, which is how this thing came to be.

It's also the reason why Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim: Uprising (both films from Legendary) will have some Chinese stars at hand.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Honestly hoping for a movie to bomb is childish and spiteful. That said there are very little films I give a rats rump about coming out this year other then Wonder Women, Justice League (and to a much less extent Power Rangers) So I don't really care what does what, i'm going to go see the few movies I still have interest in and if they do good great, if they don't oh well at least I got to watch something I enjoyed.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^ Funny thing about The Great Wall: most people think it's a typical case of Hollywood inserting a white guy main character in an otherwise foreign story, but it's actually more like a Chinese epic that features a Western star in hopes of breaking into an international market. Legendary Pictures was bought by Chinese company Wanda, which is how this thing came to be.
    That is interesting. I still think it looks stupid, and won't spend a dime on it, but it certainly changes my perspective of it.

Honestly hoping for a movie to bomb is childish and spiteful
    Guilty, but yeah I hope dumb movies fail so they don't become trends, or otherwise continue trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    That is interesting. I still think it looks stupid, and won't spend a dime on it, but it certainly changes my perspective of it.

Guilty, but yeah I hope dumb movies fail so they don't become trends, or otherwise continue trends.

I can see where you are coming from, and I would agree that if a film is genuinely bad because of racist/sexist/etc content it should probably bomb. But wanting something to fail merely because you dislike it is never a good philosophy. I mean I still find Disney remaking Animated classics as soulless overbudgeted live action CGI monstrosities is an insult to those who worked on the original, but I'm at the point I accept there is for better or worse an audience for that and people have the right to watch what they want no matter how crappy or unessecary it is.

But yea, like anyone else I will vote with my wallet and hope it makes a dentist in something eventually XD.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Transformers: The Last Night

I sincerely hope it bombs. Like hard. Not because I hate Michael Bay or the Transformers. It was because Age of Extinction was a garbage movie that somehow still made a lot of money. I think Michael Bay makes visually stunning movies. I'd love to see him work on something else. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi was ok, but I'd rather see more movies like that from Bay than more of the Transformers garbage.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

The Emoji Movie. It'll be dated before the home video release.

All-New Member

Justice League and maybe Wonder Woman if the rumours are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion1411 View Post
    Justice League and maybe Wonder Woman if the rumours are true.
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Logan and any movie based on A Marvel Property are far more deserving of failure as Marvel & Their Parent company Disney are in bed with fascists and madmen just so they can get tax cuts which is far worse then rumors of how an unreleased film will or won't turn out!

....Just sayin.

The one to beat for 2017 will be the 2016 movie "Pet", which made $70. I spend more than that on a typical trip to the grocery store.

I can support the thought of the Trans movies bombing. At least until the supposed Reboot happens.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 or Spider-Man Homecoming or both i dont want it to bomb just to underperform marvel needs a good kick in the a@@ so they dont get so full of themselves and to get the MCU super fans off their high horses. no disrespect.
    Last edited by choptop; 02-01-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The Emoji Movie. It'll be dated before the home video release.
    Completely forgot about the Emoji movie (which was a good thing), yes that would be on my list as well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Any DC movies...DC's movies utterly suck. And it's sad because I'm a DC guy.

It's sad when Marvel Netflix puts DC and Marvel's films to utter shame.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Resident Evil - Already happening

Transformers 5 - Kill the beast

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - These moves were tired after the 2nd one.

50 Shades - How does bad Twilight fanfic and bad BSDM fanfiction become a multi-million dollar franchise? DIE!

Cars 3 - Three? SMH, really Pixar?