Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I liked this more or less, just not sure how the weakened Supermen in the pit powered back up again. Did it have something to do with Ultima Thule?

Thought the end point with Clark and Kenan eating food was good.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Im so gonna laugh if Multiversity Too happens and Red Race shows up alive cuz Morrison doesn't give a damn.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Im so gonna laugh if Multiversity Too happens and Red Race shows up alive cuz Morrison doesn't give a damn.
    If Morrison ever comes back to Incarnate (not a given, Too has only been described so far as one-shots of other Earths, and he's even said he's only actually planning to do the Flash book), I could absolutely see that. It's such a nerve-rattling moment of Completely Missing The Point, and I could see Morrison deciding not to put up with it.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RECKLESSbat View Post
    Is the superman on the right nuperman? INJUSTICE superman?
    Attachment 44535

Also, Cav-el supes
    Attachment 44536

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    Here's hoping this is all forgotten about!

This arc frustrated me. So much potential in this story but they condensed it so damn much. Lesser stories get dragged out for months and this one is wrapped up right away. Somone finally explores Grant's Multiversity and it's over in 3 issues.
    Don't know if it was explained in passing but how did they all get their powers back? Also, I was really hoping for a big reveal when it came to the villain. Superboy Prime or even a redemption for the Anti-Monitor after the way he was done in Darkseid War. But it was just this guy no one had ever heard of.

"Prophecy seems to be disappearing. Oh well, hope he ends up somewhere safe." The end.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-02-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That would definitely work, I think. But I don't think the family will ever become the Smiths. If the temporal refugee thing goes, which I feel is a must, there will be no reason for aliases. I think they could just say that the Kents move to the country to raise Jon. For some reason, in present day in a few months, they'll decide that despite Jon still being a kid, they'll move back to the city.
    It depends. I could see them keeping two Supermen as part of the history.

Nu52 Superman was simply Red who forgot for awhile that Blue was out there.

Red dated Wonder Woman, died, came back, and re-merged with Blue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    After such a promising start, that was certainly disappointing, particularly the villain. I was really looking forward to Superman Reborn, but this has definitely lowered my expectations.

Tip to DC: Make sure you explain to everyone who Mr. Oz is before no one cares. Remember how well Jeph Loeb's Zod turned out?
    Really Joe Kelly's Zod and it was partly a matter of his identity getting changed behind the scenes.

He was supposed to be Kal-El from a Krypton that never blew up because of the first Return to Krypton, raised by Zod. (By the way, the RTK Krypton was supposed to be real.)

The reveal got delayed because it got unapproved and they had to change the answer.

Hopefully similar doesn't happen with Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Really Joe Kelly's Zod and it was partly a matter of his identity getting changed behind the scenes.

He was supposed to be Kal-El from a Krypton that never blew up because of the first Return to Krypton, raised by Zod. (By the way, the RTK Krypton was supposed to be real.)

The reveal got delayed because it got unapproved and they had to change the answer.
    I remember the discussions back on the old DCU boards.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This arc frustrated me. So much potential in this story but they condensed it so damn much. Lesser stories get dragged out for months and this one is wrapped up right away. Somone finally explores Grant's Multiversity and it's over in 3 issues.
    Don't know if it was explained in passing but how did they all get their powers back? Also, I was really hoping for a big reveal when it came to the villain. Superboy Prime or even a redemption for the Anti-Monitor after the way he was done in Darkseid War. But it was just this guy no one had ever heard of.

"Prophecy seems to be disappearing. Oh well, hope he ends up somewhere safe." The end.
    Don't forget, he was also doing it not because he hated the Supers of the Multiverse but because he knew something was coming that they wouldn't be able to handle and he had a 'way' but needed their powers to do it. He was doing what he was doing in order to save everyone.

The Power-Return was probably either Oz doing a clean-up ('cos he can or something) or, with their being two Thules in the same place, an amp up of their music that countered Prophecy's theft and boosted the Supers on the second Thule.

(Or maybe Prophecy had a Thanos-problem... )

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Haha, well there's no way Oz can have as wonky a landing as Pok Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

What else could happen? Funny enough, in thinking about this my mind went back immediately to the first appearance of Brainiac.

Haha, well there's no way Oz can have as wonky a landing as Pok Zod.
    I never read that era, what went down there

Amazing Member

Yeah, I stopped really caring who Oz really is already. They already blew that in waiting too logn for a reveal and living off of meaningless cryptic cameos. I mean if said cameos offered*pieces of a puzzle to put together that'd have been one thing, but they don't. They're all the same. So it got tired fast and now I'm just rather ho-hum on the reveal, as opposed to just wanting to get it over with so the story can progress.

Mr. Oz will be Pandora#2 at this rate.. rip

Yeah, I stopped really caring who Oz really is already. They already blew that in waiting too logn for a reveal and living off of meaningless cryptic cameos. I mean if said cameos offered*pieces of a puzzle to put together that'd have been one thing, but they don't. They're all the same. So it got tired fast and now I'm just rather ho-hum on the reveal, as opposed to just wanting to get it over with so the story can progress.
    Agreed. I have a feeling this is going to be like Abrams and Khan in Into Darkness. "He's not really Ozymandias, just wait until you see who he is." Then he turns out to be the most obvious choice.

It depends. I could see them keeping two Supermen as part of the history.

Nu52 Superman was simply Red who forgot for awhile that Blue was out there.

Red dated Wonder Woman, died, came back, and re-merged with Blue.
    This doesn't work for me at all, primarily because of what it would mean for merged Superman, Lois, and Wonder Woman. Merged Superman now remembers his intimate relationship with Wonder Woman that he didn't technically really even have? Not to mention that it seems that version of Wonder Woman will pretty much cease to exist shortly.

Hopefully similar doesn't happen with Oz.
    I missed that, and I was there during that whole fiasco. Thanks for the info. I wish the alternate Kal story had panned out. Lots of story possibilities there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhongomyniad View Post
    Mr. Oz will be Pandora#2 at this rate.. rip
    I think he's going to be just who most suspect he is, Ozymandias, but that Johns and/or DiDio don't want to confirm that until they get closer to Rebirth one year mark. The problem is that they should have used Oz much more sparingly so as to build up his mystique.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I never read that era, what went down there
    Okay, remember Conduit? Well, he was Russian Conduit. The Kryptonian rocket messed up his cosmonaut parents, and he was born weak under yellow sunlight. So he's... given a suit providing him with red sunlight, which of course gives him powers. After he talked to the ghost of Zod (I don't remember if it was pocket Zod or RtK Zod, but I kinda remember hints of the latter), he adopted the name and replaced his own face with the face of Superman. Yeah. Pok Zod was the big bad behind much of Kelly's run (he broke Superman's jaw and we didn't hear the end of it) and his last stand involves attacking the sun so that President Lex (his former associate) and Superman have to team up. Pok Zod finally rage quits life when his invulnerability cuts out and he rams into Superman at high speed.