Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Would anyone else like Wonderman back?

I like him.... Always have. I always thought that the idea of an Actor/ Superhero was entertaining as all get out. It doesn't seem that there's been much love for Simon in the writing in quite a long time.... and bringing him back seems kind of pointless unless its going to be fun. My idea would be to have him awaken in the body of his counterpart in an Alternate reality. Maybe here in this world no one is aware that Simon and Wonderman are the same guy OR maybe they do and Simon"Wondeman" Williams is a huge pop culture phenomenon. Maybe he's a struggling actor who gets a few independents and industrials and commercials every now and then. I think someone balancing actors life and Super hero life would make an entertaining comic. Maybe this reality would be a smidge less dystopic than the 616. Maybe..... It'd be a good place for characters to be that no longer seem to have much of a place in the 616 like say Julia Carpenter or Doc Samson. Well those are my thoughts. How about you?

no

his greatest achievement was giving Rogue back her 90s powerset.

Let him die on a high note

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I never took to the character. He was the closest thing to "celebrity superhero" that Marvel has done in the way of Booster Gold. Not that Simon acted like Booster, just the celebrity angle.

I'm sure at some point he'll come back, they always do.

Rich Rider fans finally got him back.
    Ben Reilly fans finally got him back.
    We could go on.

It'll happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Funnily enough I was just read the Ms. Marvel 2006 series last night which has him as a supporting character, and I agree it would be nice to see him back. His an interesting character, and judging from his past I do not doubt we will see him again.

Hell be back. If he comes back, I want him to have a different power set. Let Grimm use his ionic form like in the Ultimate Uni.

Absolutely, I have always had a soft spot for Simon. He's kind of interesting in that he is so incredibly powerful but he also really isn't the greatest at being a super hero.

I think he'll return in the pages of UA or whatever the Unity Squad book becomes.

I think Wonder Man has a branding problem, to be honest. Maybe he should adopt his Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro's team, not Star-Lord's) codename, Hollywood? Wonder Man sounds like a male version of Wonder Woman, and I think that may be part of the reason Simon was got rid of.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Wonder Man has a branding problem, to be honest. Maybe he should adopt his Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro's team, not Star-Lord's) codename, Hollywood? Wonder Man sounds like a male version of Wonder Woman, and I think that may be part of the reason Simon was got rid of.
    I'd wager that's why he was named Wonder Man to begin with back in '64.

Stan: What should I name this fella?? Well the Distinguished Competition has Wonder Woman, but no Wonder Man! We better snap that one up before they think of it! Excelsior!!

Yeah, maybe, but times have changed. DC stopped calling Billy Batson Captain Marvel six years ago, changed his codename to Shazam which had always (for legal reasons) been the name of his book under DC's ownership. That did Marvel a favour. Maybe they're returning it by not having a Wonder hero any more.

I really liked when he was a stunt man for awhile during the 80s. That fits better than a full on actor to me. Make him a part time hero. They could poke all sorts of fun at the movie industry. Something like the Fall Guy with super powers.

I love Wonder Man. He did not deserve to be eaten by Rogue. Rogue should not keep his powers forever. The next storyline in UA should be one in which Simon is rescued from Rogue' body.

Astonishing Member

Hollywood would be a cool name or what about the Protaganist?..... Or however its actually spelled.[QUOTE=Digifiend;2571018]I think Wonder Man has a branding problem, to be honest. Maybe he should adopt his Guardians of the Galaxy (Vance Astro's team, not Star

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Nope.

He's kind of a useless background, team-filler character anyway. I would rather see other characters get the chance to be background characters in Avenger books.