Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Submit Your X-Position Questions For Dennis Hopeless

Next week, "All-New X-Men" and "Jean Grey" writer Dennis Hopeless returns to X-POSITION to answer your questions. Have a question for Dennis about the final days of "All-New"? Leave a comment in this thread, or check out the corresponding CBR post. But get 'em in quickly because the deadline's Friday!
    Last edited by BrettWhite; 02-01-2017 at 09:20 AM.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Did you know what Old Cyclops did that made him so hated when you started? Was it originally something else?

Can we get the writer of generation X or The writer of Cable instead of Hopeless please?

post deleted

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Hi! I've really loved your work on All-New X-Men. Really great development of characters, especially Bobby and Romeo, and Idie and Genesis.

Since some of these characters are moving into Cullen Bunn's X-Men book, did you and Cullen ever talk about possible directions for him to take the characters? And do you know where Idie and Genesis might be seen after this book ends?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Interesting timing.

When is the Emma Magneto scene for ANXM 18 supposed to take place? Do you even know that it means to cause a genocide?

Why is Scott and the general public so distraught when all EmmaClops did was destroy a cloud? The Inhumans I can see would be upset but what does the average New Yorker care?

When it became apparent that you weren't going to get to use Teen Jean Grey in All-New X-Men, did you ever consider using Hope Summers in her place? You seemed to really enjoy writing her in Cable & X-Force and with Idie on the team she seem like a good fit. Also, with the upcoming Jean Grey solo series is there any possibility of Hope Summers showing up considering she previously hosted the Phoenix Force?

With All-New X-Men coming to a close, are there any stories you would have liked to tell that you just didn't have time to get to?

Hi Mr. Hopeless,

I got X-men: Season One for Christmas to see how you wrote Jean in the past and I absolutely loved it! I really look forward to your homecoming to the Jean solo book.

1. Do you plan on touching at all on Jean's telekinetic/telepathic merged powerset that we first saw under Brian Michael Bendis?

2. As a writer do you already have an end game in mind when you start a book? Does that change based on the duration of the book changing?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Greetings first of all congratulations for the nomination by GLAAD Comics Nominees 2017.

Now could you help me to understand how Adult Cyclops got so hated or the comparison to Hitler? DoX, Lemire and Soule have not been able to do this but yours stories in All new X-men continue to support this fact even if it does not make sense.What is it like to write about something that does not make sense in the story? The story changed at some point but then it was too late to change the rest since the stories are prepared months in advance?Was it an editorial decision?
    Last edited by Knives; 02-01-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Its great to have a Jean Grey comic book, she is my favorite female superhero, but is there a chance for create a new mutant? maybe a chilean one? theres from venezuela, argentina, brasil, cuba, puerto rico,colombia, mexico, but chile has never see one . i would really love to watch a new one on jeannies book since theres no one
    we can be heroes, just for one day

What is it that young Scott actually thinks adult Cyclops did? We keep getting told adult Cyclops did something so evil. There's even a comparison to Hitler in this latest issue. But after reading Death of X pretty much no X-Fan thinks he or Emma did anything wrong. Does Scott really think he's so bad just for getting rid of one of the clouds? What gives?

How is it young Scott is still making the Hitler and Terrorist analogies about his older counterpart now that we know he actually witnessed the event and it turns out to have been nothing of the kind?

Will we get an on-panel explanation?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 02-01-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.