Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Karnak #6... It Mercifully Ends

Karnak finds flaws and breaks things

he breaks the kid, turns him handicapped essentially

then end

I mean seriously, this kind of had potential and basically went no where in 1.5 years.

Im sure ellis had some deeper meaning here that I am sure I am missing but... groooooan this was not worth it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I gave up quite early on because this series felt like a mouth piece for Ellis to say awful stuff and contribute no actual character development for Karnak or do anything with the series overall.

At least it's over.

I enjoyed this take on Karnak, but damn did this take forever to finish. Unfortunate circumstances.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

I really loved the first 2 issues...but Zaffino tapping out cut this book off at the knees from the get-go. They never got to recover from that.

I loved how the book started off and hope this characterization of Karnak is used from here on out--but I gave up trying to chase down release dates after awhile. I'll still pick it up in trade, but missed the back half of the story.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I forgot this was still going on. Ellis is usually pretty dependable with deadlines. So it was finding a new artist that was the problem? Not sure if I will ever go back and read it all the way through. I think I read #1 but that was a while ago.

anyone that has a great memory wanna describe what the point of this book was?

in a sense... what deep dark meaning was Ellis pointing at?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ive actually forgotten what this book was about.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

whats with karnad head? he used to have a big horrible head and now is a normal one, just for make him more cool , lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Cannot wait to get my tpb.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    anyone that has a great memory wanna describe what the point of this book was?

in a sense... what deep dark meaning was Ellis pointing at?
    I got the sense it was meant to be an exposition on nihilism, but my memory's foggy on that too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I got the sense it was meant to be an exposition on nihilism, but my memory's foggy on that too.
    I got the sense of this too. But what I gather from the series is that Karnak is insecure. Despite his confidence in himself and his ability to break people, and see the flaw in all things, it seems like a part of him, deep down, despises people with gifted powers. Karnak was not allowed to undergo Terringenesis, which is something he did not choose, and there seems to be some resentment because of that. That's why he hated Adam so much and paralysed him. He wanted to punish him. Since Adam was basically Terringenesis for literally anyone, not just Inhumans, Karnak taking him out the way he did was like wishful fulfilment. If Karnak could destroy Terringenesis, he would.

I think overall the story lacked a tiny bit and needed a lot more issues to flesh out certain things, and the last issue was a little boring. But I think Ellis wanted people to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I got the sense of this too. But what I gather from the series is that Karnak is insecure. Despite his confidence in himself and his ability to break people, and see the flaw in all things, it seems like a part of him, deep down, despises people with gifted powers. Karnak was not allowed to undergo Terringenesis, which is something he did not choose, and there seems to be some resentment because of that. That's why he hated Adam so much and paralysed him. He wanted to punish him. Since Adam was basically Terringenesis for literally anyone, not just Inhumans, Karnak taking him out the way he did was like wishful fulfilment. If Karnak could destroy Terringenesis, he would.

I think overall the story lacked a tiny bit and needed a lot more issues to flesh out certain things, and the last issue was a little boring. But I think Ellis wanted people to think about it.
    It pretty much came off as Karnak being a bad ass psychopath though.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    whats with karnad head? he used to have a big horrible head and now is a normal one, just for make him more cool , lol
    His head is still kinda big is you look at it. It's just a little smaller now, and I think one particular issue has a reference to how it used to look.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It pretty much came off as Karnak being a bad ass psychopath though.
    Bad ass nihilistic psychopath pretty much sums up this take on Karnak. I find that interesting tbh.