Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Dynamite Comics!

This Thread is for fans of Dynamite Comics, Including But not limited to, Red Sonja, Vampirella,The Chaos verse,Swords of Sorrow, Jungle Girl,and Warlord of Mars!
    Last edited by VampiMeg; 02-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Awesome! Love Dynamite Comics, especially Warlord of Mars comics. Just in time for a new issue of Red Sonja tomorrow as well as the first issue of John Carter: The End.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aliltron View Post
    Awesome! Love Dynamite Comics, especially Warlord of Mars comics. Just in time for a new issue of Red Sonja tomorrow as well as the first issue of John Carter: The End.
    I liked john carter as well being a fan of the novels.

Lol, Dynamite's 25c Red Sonja #0 promo worked on me. Added that and Vampi to the pull list and will be trying out Charmed and Nancy Drew. I don't normally like J. Scott Campbell's art but I've been enjoying his Red Sonja covers. Too bad it seems #3 is his last. Oh well, at least for #4, there's this super cute one.

Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Lol, Dynamite's 25c Red Sonja #0 promo worked on me. Added that and Vampi to the pull list and will be trying out Charmed and Nancy Drew. I don't normally like J. Scott Campbell's art but I've been enjoying his Red Sonja covers. Too bad it seems #3 is his last. Oh well, at least for #4, there's this super cute one.

I've loved his covers for Red Sonja and yeah I jumped on with the $0.25 price. Really enjoyed the issues so far, the story is pretty fun and the art is really great. Today's issue of Red Sonja was no different, it was pretty fun to see Sonja trying to figure out how our world works and how her customs are vastly different from ours.

Today's issue of John Carter: The End was an interesting start though I'll admit I'm not a fan of the art. The story itself though seems pretty intriguing though.

I Love all of those Especially Red Sonja, Not sure how I Feel about The new John Carter though, does that meaning they're paving the way For Carthoris and Thuvia?

All that I'm reading from Dynamite is the Bond comics, but they are SO good
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by CarterHall1986 View Post
    I Love all of those Especially Red Sonja, Not sure how I Feel about The new John Carter though, does that meaning they're paving the way For Carthoris and Thuvia?
    Just getting into Red Sonja with this current book and I'm really liking her. Though I did read Swords of Sorrow so I have read a bit about her before. Yeah I'm not sure if it will pave way for Carthoris and Thuvia or not. I'm not sure where this will go. It's an interesting story...but it didn't really pull me in like other Warlord stories have. And yeah half of it was the art, it was much too angular for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    All that I'm reading from Dynamite is the Bond comics, but they are SO good
    The Bond comics are awesome!

Just getting into Red Sonja with this current book and I'm really liking her. Though I did read Swords of Sorrow so I have read a bit about her before. Yeah I'm not sure if it will pave way for Carthoris and Thuvia or not. I'm not sure where this will go. It's an interesting story...but it didn't really pull me in like other Warlord stories have. And yeah half of it was the art, it was much too angular for my taste.
    Definitely read Gail Simone's Red Sonja. That was pretty excellent.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Definitely read Gail Simone's Red Sonja. That was pretty excellent.
    I'll have to check that one out.

Currently reading Red Sonja, Vampirella, John Carter and Red Team. All good so far.

Was enjoying the Bond stuff but have decided to trade wait.

Also a fan on the Flash Gordon/King minis they do. Theyre a lot of fun.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've fallen out of love with Dynamite as a publisher. I gave them a few years with the Kevin Smith Green Hornet and read that till it ended in the mid 30s.
    Read Phantom, John Carter, Dejah, Vampirella for a year, sampled Lord of the Jungle(Tarzan) and loved Project Super Powers(which they let just die).
    The only thing I'm still reading, reluctantly, is their Gold Key line.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

I love the current iteration of Red Sonja, although at times the goofiness is a bit over the top for me. But the art is great and seeing her in our world/time is very refreshing. What I do fear though, is that this is only a very temporary change that will finish with this story arc, which is, presumably, soon. Does anyone have any confirmation on that? An interview, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    I love the current iteration of Red Sonja, although at times the goofiness is a bit over the top for me. But the art is great and seeing her in our world/time is very refreshing. What I do fear though, is that this is only a very temporary change that will finish with this story arc, which is, presumably, soon. Does anyone have any confirmation on that? An interview, perhaps?

Nothing That I am aware of currently.
    Pull List: Vampirella, Vengeance of Vampirella.