Default Monsters Unleashed #2 SPOILERS

- Monsters keep coming. Everywhere.

- Moon Girl deciphers the speech, they are razing the earth for somethig

- Elsa finds the kid

- Heroes are getting overwhelmed. In one place where the GoG are, a ton of them converge... just as a ton of monsters converge on them. At this point, everyone is exhausted and they are outflanked.

This art is just gorgeous.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - Monsters keep coming. Everywhere.

- Moon Girl deciphers the speech, they are razing the earth for somethig

- Elsa finds the kid

- Heroes are getting overwhelmed. In one place where the GoG are, a ton of them converge... just as a ton of monsters converge on them. At this point, everyone is exhausted and they are outflanked.

This art is just gorgeous.
    A big YES to this.

I'm liking this series a lot. It's a simple throwback to a less complicated style of event storytelling and it really works.

Everything you need to know about the story is right on the pages of each issue. I haven't felt compelled to sample any of the tie-ins yet and don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

There isn't much to chew in the way of deep themes or characterizations, no, but some stories - especially stories about superheroes vs. giant monsters - should just be fun and this nails that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

There isn't much to chew in the way of deep themes or characterizations but some stories - especially stories about superheroes vs. giant monsters - should just be fun and this nails that.
    Some stories exist just to show off the art and I feel this is one of them.

If this series had a lesser artist, it would be awful lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Some stories exist just to show off the art and I feel this is one of them.

If this series had a lesser artist, it would be awful lol
    Yes, and I like that every issue has a different artist so we get a range of styles. AND that it also keeps the series on time, as well!

BANNED

well I would have liked more blood and violence as it seems a kids story until now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

You can have plenty of worthwhile stories without so much blood and violence, and frankly, over the past decade of comics storytelling, blood and violence hasn't done jack to improve the quality of the stories, as it's (almost) always done for pure shock value and to say "this isn't a kids' story!" Eventually, it just gets boring and tedious.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    well I would have liked more blood and violence as it seems a kids story until now.
    It sort of has a Saturday morning cartoon vibe, but I think that's part of its charm. It's not trying to be Watchmen.

im shook greg land, that was pretty good all around.

BANNED

You can't have 50 foot monsters raining everywhere and a complete absence of bloodshed! It would be implausibility stretched to a ridiculous degree and will make it a kds story regardless of the quality of the storytelling. They are trying to attempt a traditional monster slugfest story in old superheroic norms but you can't keep on raining monsters without fatalities and granted not many stories are improved by gratuitous violence but a monsterfest story has to have some measure of blood and glore.