Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This issue finally made me like teen Cyclops. He finally has a purpose and a voice and out of his depressive pity party funk. He has every reason to go after Emma and I support him. Dont think it'll end well for him but he is justified. She'll probably own him though bc he lacks the experience to deal with her

and she condemned teen Cyclops in the process. He was persecuted and wrongfully hated bc of the actions of the adult version which Emma orchestrated. He was nearly killed and has been in a depressive funk for the past year all bc of her. She could have talked to him, tried to help him, or do something to do right by him out of respect for older Scott, but she didnt. She left that kid to suffer. She screwed up and is not without fault.

And how did what she do help mutants? How many mutants turned on Scott in that 8 month gap. She arguably made things worse for mutantkind by also having society turn on them, more so than before. She gave his death meaning but not necesarily good meaning
    That's complete bullshit. Maybe if they left the second around he would have contracted m-pox and died. With two clouds moving around they would have killed twice as many mutants and the earth would have been inhabitable much quicker.

Also Cyclops was compared to Hitler well before DoX his reputation was sunk with the general public after AvX. He also gave his blessing to Emma before he died. In fact he requested her help.

The X-Men didn't go to war over Cyclops they went to war over having two weeks to live

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma Frost did something in Cyclops's name that has him public enemy number one among the Inhumans, and in the world in general. She didn't even consult him or warn him. How is he supposed to like her? Clearly he can't trust her, and the other X-Men will fill the same way.
    There's something I didn't get... I can understand why the Inhumans labeled Scott "Public Enemy #1" -- but, how was was the world at large affected? I mean outside of the players involved I don't recall baseline humans having a stake in this menagerie.

This was predictable. Marvel is ending the mutants are endangered storyline now that they negotiated rights deals with Fox. So both mutants and Inhumans will have their own tv shows (Inhumans get there's on ABC Family). So neither group could end up looking bad at the end of IvX. So Emma Frost was made into a villain and thrown under the bus.
    Oh, stop... If Emma was really thrown under the "Terrigen" bus then the X-Men would would have turned on her already. Emma wanted the spoils of war to go to Scott Summers so much that she telepathically duped her teammates into thinking that she recorded said events on her Android.

I like Emma as the cruel mastermind. This whole making her Cyclops's girlfriend and making her leadership position based on who she was sleeping with isn't Emma Frost. The White Queen was a cold, manipulative woman. This is the real Emma Frost, as cold as ice.
    Agreed... Tigers can't change their stripes

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That's complete bullshit. Maybe if they left the second around he would have contracted m-pox and died. With two clouds moving around they would have killed twice as many mutants and the earth would have been inhabitable much quicker.

Also Cyclops was compared to Hitler well before DoX his reputation was sunk with the general public after AvX. He also gave his blessing to Emma before he died. In fact he requested her help.

The X-Men didn't go to war over Cyclops they went to war over having two weeks to live
    im not sure I understand your post at all

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I thought this was a pretty good issue it brought a lot of the things that have happened to both Cyclops and tyke full circle.The ruse Emma is playing has tarnished the name of Cyclops and has left Tyke in a very bad situation maybe worse than death. I like that this issue showed how recently Cyclops has been used as a tool of manipulation for others to exploit to achieve a goal whether it is Emma and her long term scheme or Mosiac and his quick fast hi-jacking of Tykes body. Now i understand why Tyke and the 05 are so determined to forge their own paths for themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

None of this justified her doing this in Cyclops's name and not even warning teen Cyclops or the other X-men as to what happened. She deprived her teammates of information, meaning that you CANNOT trust the woman. She is a cold, lying manipulator. Cyclops had a father and two children, as opposed to his younger self, and she did not tell them nor consider the effect on them. Going after the cloud and destroying it is fine. Great. Doing at the expensive of her teammates is just unacceptable.

People forget Cyclops was a boy scout for most of his existence. He would see someone who did this as horribly evil, especially if he was on the receiving end of this kind of scam/hoax.

It makes no sense for the X-Men to hate the older Cyclops for what Emma made them see. It especially makes no sense because they're all literally, right this second, doing things that are way worse than anything they think the older Cyclops did. So it'll make even less sense when they start being angry at Emma for making them believe a thing that shouldn't have made them angry in the first place!

Gods, but this story has been a joke.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    People forget Cyclops was a boy scout for most of his existence. He would see someone who did this as horribly evil, especially if he was on the receiving end of this kind of scam/hoax.
    Meh. I really doubt the guy who abandoned his wife & child for a resurrected girlfriend would be that repulsed by what Emma did.

Mutants have 2 weeks to live.... either they go balls to the wall to rail against that or they sit there & die like dogs. Morally acceptable or not, Emma took a shitty circumstance & nudged them in the right direction to change that outcome because history shows they wouldn't have listened to Emma herself in the situation (look at her suggestion for Scarlet Witch that they scoffed at... then mutants went down to a minority in the truest sense). When it comes to survival (of self & of the species) & its on a countdown then friendship, fee-fees and diplomacy can **** all the way off.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Gotta survive, even if it means no longer being socially functional persons. We can kill each other over hurt feelings after the Cloud's gone.

Is that it?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Spectacular Member

Socially functional? What has Emma's deceit got them to do that will be so detrimental to their humanity & psychology? All her fraud did was unite the X-Men under "Cyclops" while rendering 1 cloud harmless (which is beneficial for them) & showing the Inhumans true priority (when BB "killed Cyclops"). Beast still wouldn't have been able to "fix" the issue and the Inhumans still wouldn't have cared. All that would change is there would be more deaths due to an extra cloud still roaming & most of the X-Men would still be gullible enough to think the Inhumans care about them.

Should Emma have let the X-Men continue to waste time utilizing diplomacy with people who think "muh culture" is more important than actual life?

I'm so fucking pissed off. What they're doing is a damn travesty. Who aside from editorial thinks that Emma did anything wrong?!? She got rid of a cloud that murdered hundreds of people after everyone was dragging their feet. Making her into the villain of the story makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I'm so fucking pissed off. What they're doing is a damn travesty. Who aside from editorial thinks that Emma did anything wrong?!? She got rid of a cloud that murdered hundreds of people after everyone was dragging their feet. Making her into the villain of the story makes absolutely no sense.
    what she did to Young Scott was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    But she's a liar liar pants on fire. Everyone knows that Hitler was a liar.

March is such a crawl away. I'm looking forward to seeing the end of this event already, as much as I'm looking forward to the B&B live-action. For different reasons, of course.

Maybe Tyke is of the mind to think that there were more negatives consequences to his older self pursuing a relationship with Emma after Jean's death than there were positive gains for his future personality. Or maybe just abandoned plot points left behind by changes in writers, and editorial.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 02-02-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what she did to Young Scott was wrong
    On a scale of 1 to 10 it's like a .4 on the 'things that are currently important right now' list.

Everyone has their own priority assessment scales. That's what makes us individuals.

I see Tyke trying to kill Emma as he said, only for Emma to kill him. Then he comes back to life because Resurrexion. And everything is peachy keen for now.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 02-02-2017 at 06:34 PM.