Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If Superman were Invincible?

How would it be if DC comics made Superman invincible to everything in the entire DC Universe. Like making him too powerful he has no weakness and he can defeat all characters in universe with ease.

Superman would be perfect at everything.

I'm not sure if I understand the point of this thread? Are you criticizing his current power level? Could you clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    How would it be if DC comics made Superman invincible to everything in the entire DC Universe. Like making him too powerful he has no weakness and he can defeat all characters in universe with ease.

oh you mean put it back how it used to be at one time? I would love it..'Superman' could finally be called Superman again !!

I'd settle for him being as fast as the Flash again, and being portrayed as intelligent.....

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He would change his name to one punch man and shave his head.
    Then again i always thought of superman as one punch man with mumenrider's personality and attitude.

I guess it would be like The Adventures of Superman TV show back in the 1950s where most of the story was Jimmy and Lois out investigating some criminal or mad scientist, getting kidnapped,
    tied to a bomb, and then Superman rushes in at the last second and saves them. Because if nothing can challenge Superman there isn't much of a story involving Superman himself.

BANNED

Well, that'd get boring real quick...

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I'd settle for him being as fast as the Flash again, and being portrayed as intelligent.....
    Meh... I don't think the guy who has practically every power should be as good at all those powers than the guy who is just really, really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Meh... I don't think the guy who has practically every power should be as good at all those powers than the guy who is just really, really fast.
    Lets make him a better mind-reader than Martian Manhunter while we are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    oh you mean put it back how it used to be at one time? I would love it..'Superman' could finally be called Superman again !!
    Except it has never been like that ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Remind me how many decades ago that Flash was just "really fast".

BANNED

Exactly ,that argument is old and flawed,while barry is Mr time and multiverse traveler,and martian manhunter has all supermans powers plus a crap load more.

Superman is top.dog for a reason,everyone else has certain equal abilities to him,but "shouldnt" be all of them equal.

DC already has such a character, don't you know? His name is Batman...

BANNED

Evrything the Flash does comes from his speed. Make Superman faster than the Flash and Superman becomes better than the Flash at everything the Flash does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    DC already has such a character, don't you know? His name is Batman...
    It would be Superman thats invincible instead of Batman.

A truly omnipotent Superman would be a challenge for any writer. The stories then would be about why Superman should or shouldn't do something instead of can Superman do something? And those are the most interesting type of stories.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"