All-New Member

Red face Two Best Villains For The Newly Announced Avengers Project "Reassemble"!!!!!!!!!

“The world will always need heroes. You just need to reassemble” Goosebumps man. Goosebumps. So, by now I am assuming you have all seen Square Enix reveal trailer for their upcoming, supposed Marvel/ Avengers Project. Fans are calling it, Avengers: Re-assemble, but that trailer left more questions in my head than it answered. What will be the story? The genre of the game? Who the hell is narrating the trailer?! So many unanswered questions. Well, today I am here to speculate the answer for one of those questions. I am here to speculate who would be the two fittest villains for this project. Why two? Because I am Batman!

Loki.
    I had a really hard time picking between Doctor Doom and Loki. I obviously ended up picking Loki over DD. So, here is my explanation.
    First reason is the history. Loki has been responsible for The First Avengers assembly in the comics as well as The Avenger’s first silver screen outing. So, if the Avenger’s first high budget game features Loki as the main big bady, then that’s to be expected. Second reason is that story wise Loki is spot on. What do I mean by that? Well, with the introduction of Loki, the writers can easily introduce both Thor and Asgard in a quick and cohesive way. Moreover, Loki doesn’t allow his ego to get the better of him. You see, Loki is the type of villain that is intelligent enough to put his ego aside and get help to face the avengers. Thus, the developers get another really valuable opportunity to introduce more interesting villains into the mix. Speaking of Asgard. It’s one of the most visually pleasing cities in both Marvel comics and MCU. Asgard, you see, can be used as one of the main cities for the plot of the game just to show off the graphics, and can also act as a prime selling point for the game.

I have talked about the notion of side villains and the importance of them in a blog I made about a month ago. One of my arguments was how Ghost, who is an Iron Man villain, would introduce interesting mechanics involving stealth into a video game. Well, since a high budget Avengers video game is officially announced, there are countless other villains with powers that are just made for video games. Skurge the executioner, or Doctor Doom would be few prime targets. Point is, Loki can manipulate any of the aforementioned characters into working for him. To brief, Loki would be a chance to cohesively introduce everything Asgard, and a gateway to plethora of Marvel Villains who have at some point faced the avengers in the comics, and can be used to introduce noteworthy mechanics.

Kang The Conqueror.
    Kang The conqueror KFC xD picture.
    One of the most underrated, most intimidating, most villainous villain in Marvel comics, Kang The Conqueror. Since his appearance in Avengers issue #8 in 1964 he has faced, and taunted The Avengers countless times. It’s about time to serve this evil physicist some justice. Ok! I have such a strong view that Kang The Conqueror should be the villain that I decided to split his section into mini-sections.

[U][B]Reasons For Kang 2.1 is The Style.

Look at the man. Just look at him. Stare at him. Praise his glory….umm…I mean, Kang The Conqueror is one of the most distinctive looking villains in the Avengers roster. Loki, any human. Thanos, Darksied and Apocalypse etc... Ultron, Terminator. So, what? You ask! Well, the looks of Kang are very crucial to the game’s overall success. You see, today’s world is saturated with video games that are all more of the same Pi. I have 3 FPS games, 2 Racing games, and 3 sport related games, and they all have one thing in common. They all look somewhat similar. From color grading to game mechanics they can all be classified in one category despite being from various different categories. Granted, few of them are stylistic and different in terms of visuals, but guess what again? Those few are the most successful. I am not saying looking stylish equals instant success, but it sure helps. A game that looks distinct will undeniably get all the rig addicts’s attentions. Mostly Computer gamers. And with Square Enix being the god of computer gaming, and producing some of the most successful MMOs and FPS games such as Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest, and Deus Ex, you can bet your diet coke they will be looking to capitalize on that look. They will be sure to milk it until nothing remains of it.

Reasons For Kang 2.2: A Franchise Builder.

Kang can be used to build an MCU like Franchise. Ok, let me explain that better. In the MCU everything is progressively building up towards one big dire encounter with the big bady that is Thanos. And why not? Thanos is a cosmic villain that will force everyone to bond together in order to defeat. So, what am I talking about? I am saying Square Enix can use KTC(Kang The Conqueror) in order to build a Marvel Game Universe. This is something neither Loki nor many other villains can achieve. Obviously, Thanos can pull it off, however, he is already MCU’s toy. Therefore, if Square Enix is interested in a decade of milking The Avengers name, then they can easily use KTC as a main villain and much like the MCU, build him up in few games. Could the Spiderman ps4 game co-exist with the Square Enix Marvel Universe. The possibilities are limitless. I hope now you are as convinced as I am Kang The Conqueror would be a perfect villain for The Avengers video game.

In any case, these two are my favorite picks for who should be Avengers: Re-assemble villain. Keep in mind that this is all speculation, so you can give your share of thoughts if you want. I am so **** Hyped for this game. If you found this blog a fun read, then follow and like J till my next post take care.

lol Kang is not gonna be in the game

All-New Member

But it would be great to see him in the game. A fit challenge for the avengers plus an interesting background and sinister motive. I am sure there are a lot more reasons as to why i think he would be great, but i think i already said enough.

Kang owned by fox

No kang sadly
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Kang owned by fox

No kang sadly
    Does that apply to all media? I would have thought it's just movie rights seeing as Kang was in several episodes of Earth's Mightiest Heroes do surely he can show up in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Does that apply to all media? I would have thought it's just movie rights seeing as Kang was in several episodes of Earth's Mightiest Heroes do surely he can show up in video games.
    He can. But he won't. That's how Marvel is right now.

cartoons don't have the same rules.

they can... but marvel isn't doing a video deal to promote fox characters
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It sounds like the game may end up being an Overwatch imitation, in which case there won't be any need for storyline villains.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    cartoons don't have the same rules.

they can... but marvel isn't doing a video deal to promote fox characters
    Cartoons kinda do now. EHM was a long time ago.

Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man keep it pretty contained iirc

iMan 42s

Kang can show up in a game.
    He already has made an appearance in Lego Avengers and his helmet is seen in Avengers Academy. Marvel can't use Nathaniel Richards but they can use Kang or any incarnation of him with ties to the Avengers. Kang is kind of gray area considering he is an Avengers villain and was introduced there but his identity is linked to the FF. So long as they don't bring up anything that can't be linked to the FF he can make an appearance.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Kang recently showed up in Avengers Assemble, though he was kind of a wimp there, though I think it helped that Stephen Wacker is apparently a big fan of him so it allowed the character to get past the traditional Fox embargo's that one time.

I don't see that extending to a video game.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He can. But he won't. That's how Marvel is right now.
    Lol. They own him only on film not games. Fox is a film producer not a game producer. IF you don't recall, marvel made a game earlier in 2000s and fox had nothing to do with it.