Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    King's had his stride since issue #1. It's everyone else getting used to King's ticks that's making people think he hit "his stride" (repetition and 'Bat/Cat' never phased me). Finch's art was terrible here. His sequential story telling is putrid.
    Totally agree i recently reread what King's done thus far for this run and this has all felt like one continuous epic journey (and I mean that in the sense of being a long poetic story). Sometimes i can go through entire issues where I'm just focused on reading rather than both reading and the art.

Maybe people are still insanely high on Snyder's run to appreciate what King has been doing but overall I'm loving the way he's telling his story and am expecting I Am Bane to be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    Totally agree i recently reread what King's done thus far for this run and this has all felt like one continuous epic journey (and I mean that in the sense of being a long poetic story). Sometimes i can go through entire issues where I'm just focused on reading rather than both reading and the art.

Maybe people are still insanely high on Snyder's run to appreciate what King has been doing but overall I'm loving the way he's telling his story and am expecting I Am Bane to be more of the same.
    This. Agreed.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

I couldn't be feeling this arc more! Waiting between issues is all that sucks.

<Busta rhymes voice>
    We got one here, King
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

"I swear by the blood of my parents to avenge their deaths by spending the rest of my life conquering all criminals" is the hypest moment to make its way into a Batman comic since Morrison's heyday.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I have to wonder if Bane will return to King's Batman down the road? this is too much of a significant build up and overhaul to just be abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I have to wonder if Bane will return to King's Batman down the road? this is too much of a significant build up and overhaul to just be abandoned.
    Haven't even thought about where it'll go from here but yeah I expect to see this play into something further down the road as well too this is really too big of an event.

Definitly King's run is one that wins a lot when one read it again. The way it's all conected and how some behaviors and actions gain other significances when you look at them knowing what comes after, shows his talents as a writer. The run may have a lot of detractors, but also did Morrison's at it's time. Maybe from a new perspective this run will earn more followers or not, but there is no questioning that King is playing a long term game