Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Kitty Pryde: "The kid who made good" or the Kid who ran away ?

Something was bugging me when it came to the recent interview for X-man gold and that has to deal with Kitty Pryde and her reason for entering the team as their new leader.
    One would say she's coming full circle, but I say she's a bit of a coward who comes back when the main dangers is over.

I mean she didn't get involved in most of the recent X-men fighting nor did she "teach" the O5 time displace X-men as she once said she would.

She's more of a deserter at time of distress than the kid that has become the teacher at last.

Yeah she'll defend the kids with her life, but when has she ever been with them or the rest of the X-men long-term ?

As fans of the character what do you think of this ?

BANNED

Back in the day of the early 1980s when I was a kid and now, I can't stand Kitty Pryde.

She got freaked out by Nightcrawler, she threw hissy fits, and had a stupid ongoing fried with Emma Frost.

Heck where and what was Kitty Prude doing when Emma had the Generation X gang at the old Hellions mansion?

Lmao. So people really are just gonna attack everyone on a leadership position that are not Magneto or Cyclops. Could have at least expected for the book to start.

BANNED

She left before Death of X, so she didn't desert anyone.

I am in favor of Kitty having an opportunity but of course have my problems with it considering that she was absent for a long time in a time of need for mutants we not even know if she knows about the war between mutants and inhumans and the mist . Storm may have made bad choices ( looking at you Lemire) but she was there when the mutants needed her.

On the other hand being the X-mens leader for me has always been more of a burden than an honor .

At least Kitty will start at a time favorable to mutants and not have to deal with all the mess and weight Cyclops and Storm had to deal.

To be fair, she left the X-Men to join with the Guardians before most of the big drama occurred, and by the time she left the Guardians after Civil War II (at least as far as I can tell based on the continuity clues), IVX had just finished. I don't even think she realized what went down until much later. So I think the whole idea is that she spent all this time in space, acting as a leader to a different team, only to come back and see her old family broken, and so decides to step up and use her experiences and skills to help to bring them all back together.

Maybe this is just me as a Guardians fan speaking, but I really hope her experience with that team plays a roll in how she's able to lead this group of X-Men, instead of them all acting like she never left in the first place.

BANNED

You can't reasonably hold anyone's actions against them when written by Bendis. Until then she was headmistress.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    You can't reasonably hold anyone's actions against them when written by Bendis. Until then she was headmistress.
    Can't argue with that!
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Anyways, it's not like she is a coward traitor that prefers to side with mutant genocidals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lmao. So people really are just gonna attack everyone on a leadership position that are not Magneto or Cyclops. Could have at least expected for the book to start.
    Well, according to people; Magneto is an evil #$%&/(¿ and Cyclops is worse than Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Anyways, it's not like she is a coward traitor that prefers to side with mutant genocidals.

Well, according to people; Magneto is an evil #$%&/(¿ and Cyclops is worse than Hitler.
    That's according to Marvel. According to people(as in the fans) Magneto and Cyclops are mutantkind biggest and only saviors, and everyone else is shitty. I mean, I do think Scott was right in AvX/DoX and kinda on Schism, but the Magneto/CyclopsWasRight mentality on the fandom is cancer.

Honestly I'm a little bit glad Cyclops is dead for a while.

I love the character but let's face it the character sucks the air of everyone around him when he's in a scene .

Kitty is obviously going to have to deal with the ghosts and shadows of Xavier, Cyclops, Storm, Magneto and Emma in every decision, but I'm glad the X-mens will have a new lead in these times of hope and a fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's according to Marvel. According to people(as in the fans) Magneto and Cyclops are mutantkind biggest and only saviors, and everyone else is shitty. I mean, I do think Scott was right in AvX/DoX and kinda on Schism, but the Magneto/CyclopsWasRight mentality on the fandom is cancer.
    Well, we, the people, think that Emma is a good leader as well.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I know it's blasphemy to say anything negative about cyclops on the X-books board but I think he's a terrible leader.

It looks bad on her for being gone when all the Inhuman and Mist stuff happened. If she doesn't genuinely apologize for being away doing dumb Guardians shit then I'd probably think less of her as a leader and feel it is a little undeserved.

Omg. Why is every other thread judging Kitty?
    Let the book happen.
    Women can lead an X-Men team. You all know this.
    Kitty can lead.
    Kitty can lead with short hair and an ugly costume, and be just fine.
    Kitty can do what Kitty wants.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."