Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

BrianWilly :
    "I'm intolerant towards mutants because I'm misinformed and small-minded" is a mistake. "I'm literally killing mutants and/or devising methods to kill mutants" is a crime, and the X-Men have historically not shied away from defending themselves -- violently if necessary -- against such crimes, and punishing said criminals to the fullest extent of the law.

The idea that victims of oppression and persecution should somehow owe it to their oppressors to be peaceable and complacent is a fantastic example of an oppressor's attitude towards the people they're oppressing. I've said this elsewhere, and I'll say it again: An entire persecuted demographic is not obligated to react benevolently to the systemic institution that is persecuting them. "Hey look, you might be victims of hatred and violence, but you still have to be nice and polite! Sure, you might literally be dying, but won't someone please think of the poor murderers who are killing you? Otherwise you're just as bad as them!"

It's an absurd mindset, and any writers or readers who hold the X-Men up to that specious standard in this day and age should probably reevaluate their own standards towards victims of real life persecution.
    You are missing important point. Inhumans didn't change this cloud. If they would create this cloud then X-men should and would attack them 8 months ago.
    I don't remember any story where X-men destroyed humanity because few random guys attacked them.

The problem is... because of some random event mutants are suffer but ... Should they stop this but also destroy other group who isn't totally responsible for this?
    Actually this is difficult question and I am a little unhappy that they didn't focus more on this but this is still a fact.

Do You think that terrorists who attacked Spain are good ? They suffer because US attacked them. They fight back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You are missing important point. Inhumans didn't change this cloud. If they would create this cloud then X-men should and would attack them 8 months ago.
    I don't remember any story where X-men destroyed humanity because few random guys attacked them.

The problem is... because of some random event mutants are suffer but ... Should they stop this but also destroy other group who isn't totally responsible for this?
    Actually this is difficult question and I am a little unhappy that they didn't focus more on this but this is still a fact.

Do You think that terrorists who attacked Spain are good ? They suffer because US attacked them. They fight back.

But destroying a cloud is not the same as destroying the inhumans. Not a single inhuman will die when the cloud gets destroyed as you saw when the first cloud was destroyed and they will still have powers but those powers will not be enhanced by terrigenisis. Yet It was the inhumans choice to turn their terrigin into a cloud in the first place and it is their choice to keep the cloud around even tough they know it has been killing hundreds of mutants.

And what do some random people is Spain have to do with the fact the US is bombing the terrorists' country. ? Nothing. If the terrorists want to fight back, they should blow themselves up to kill US soldiers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    But destroying a cloud is not the same as destroying the inhumans. Not a single inhuman will die when the cloud gets destroyed as you saw when the first cloud was destroyed and they will still have powers but those powers will not be enhanced by terrigenisis. Yet It was the inhumans choice to turn their terrigin into a cloud in the first place and it is their choice to keep the cloud around even tough they know it has been killing hundreds of mutants.
    That's true that Inhumans will suffer less(because culture/powers are less important than lives) but the question should be:
    Can we punish them for doing nothing bad? Terrigen mist wasn't harmful for mutants. They were helping.
    Do You think that attacking them is morally good?
    That's correct choice if You think as antihero because thanks to that You will survive and they will suffer.
    but heroes?
    What should heroes do?
    Of course that they shouldn't do nothing and die but...
    can heroes destroy Inhumans, who are not responsible for poisoning?

And what do some random people is Spain have to do with the fact the US is bombing the terrorists' country. ? Nothing. If the terrorists want to fight back, they should blow themselves up to kill US soldiers.
    and what some random inhumans have to do with the fact that mist became toxic? nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You seem to miss the fact that the Inhumans are PROTECTING the cloud, and so they must be neutralized before the cloud can be properly dealt with.

In this regard it does not matter who changed the cloud (assuming anyone did), or even who released it in the first place.

As an example of Inhumans protecting the cloud (in case you missed it), refer to IvX #3 where Iso and Inferno destroyed Forge's machine and kidnapped him to prevent him from making a new one.

So the X-Men are not attacking the Inhumans to punish them or to get even, just to survive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    You seem to miss the fact that the Inhumans are PROTECTING the cloud, and so they must be neutralized before the cloud can be properly dealt with.
    I am not missing this. That's rational. They are not heroes. They never were heroes.
    The story from their point of view: How much can we sacrifice to help others?

So the X-Men are not attacking the Inhumans to punish them or to get even, just to survive.
    Survive? no. You missed something very important.
    They could evacuate. They mentioned this possibility but weren't interested. Few characters said that's this is possible and not even Emma or Magneto argued with this.
    They are defending their way of life. Nothing more.
    They could leave Earth. right?
    They are attacking Inhumans because they want to live on Earth. They are attacking Inhumans even when they did nothing against them except defending their cloud (this cloud didn't hurt mutants earlier).

even Magneto comparison is flawed because he has options unlike people in German camps. but still... This comparison was cool! Great line.

Ultimate Member

The Inhumans know that the cloud is killing mutants and yet they make no effort to stop it...and why should the mutants leave, there's far fewer Inhumans anyway, and last I checked Black Bolt is a king with some of his wives being from different planets far from Earth, so in the end Earth is all that mutants have where as with the Inhumans they have the means, motive, and opportunity to go anywhere in the cosmos...Earth isn't even a part of BB's Kingdom, just that one city is...a city that apparently can move through space...

The Inhumans are acting like a cult, the Inhumans could care less about mutants unless they need their help, and in that help Medusa could care less how many die in the process...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The Inhumans know that the cloud is killing mutants and yet they make no effort to stop it...
    We know that pollution is destroying Earth and killing us. Many countries did nothing to reduce pollution.
    and technically Inhumans did something. I can't say that it was enough but going with "no efofrt"? That's wrong

and why should the mutants leave
    i didn't say that they should leave. Modern X-men (Morrison and after) won't leave the Earth. They will fight even if they will be risking all lives on Earth.

there's far fewer Inhumans anyway
    Show me scan please

and last I checked Black Bolt is a king with some of his wives being from different planets far from Earth
    Few years ago he was. He isn't now.

so in the end Earth is all that mutants have where as with the Inhumans they have the means, motive, and opportunity to go anywhere in the cosmos...
    Mutants also have opportunities to go anywhere

Earth isn't even a part of BB's Kingdom, just that one city is...a city that apparently can move through space...
    he is not a king

The Inhumans are acting like a cult, the Inhumans could care less about mutants unless they need their help, and in that help Medusa could care less how many die in the process...
    true (if You are talking about Royal Family) but...
    so what?

BANNED

you seem to overlook the fact that it's not possible for a planetary level evacuation in the alloted time even though beast thinks of doing so. There are going to be some left behind and then who is responsible for their deaths?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    you seem to overlook the fact that it's not possible for a planetary level evacuation in the alloted time even though beast thinks of doing so. There are going to be some left behind and then who is responsible for their deaths?
    You seem to overlook the fact that it is possible to leave Earth. They were discussing leaving planet and no one mentioned that this is not possible. Why Emma didn't say that this is impossible? or Magneto?

That was possible.

X-men don't think rationally. Even this whole plan is so weak... Beast said that he saw Inhumans defense plans because they showed him and yet Emma "forgot" to brainwash him for more information. They would have information about nuhumans.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 02-07-2017 at 06:49 AM.

BANNED

Inhumans did crap compared to how much damage they caused.

Imagine an oil corporation spilling millions of gallons into the ocean and when protestors get mad at them they say "Why are they so mad? We're helping, we're handing out free bottle waters to those affected!"

That's not good enough.

And also tired of people excusing their actions by saying : they didn't know the cloud was toxic!

It's been brought up a million times that nobody is mad at them for not knowing. People are mad at them for doing nothing after finding out.

That stupid argument needs to be retired its been addressed so much.

BANNED

And forcing innocent people to abandon the places they call home so a group of elitist one percenters (who not too long ago owned slaves) can get richer is so deaf tone, I can't even...

Yeah, evacuating earth is such a perfect solution for the X-Men! Why don't they just do that? Oh and all those mutants that are still going to be born into a poisoned planet and die painful deaths.. too bad for them.

Ridiculous.

I really don't see how "I'm defending my way of life" vs "I'm defending my right to live" is even a debate.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 02-07-2017 at 08:34 AM.

BANNED

Calaigah :
    Inhumans did crap compared to how much damage they caused.

Imagine an oil corporation spilling millions of gallons into the ocean and when protestors get mad at them they say "Why are they so mad? We're helping, we're handing out free bottle waters to those affected!"

That's not good enough.
    True

And forcing innocent people to abandon the places they call home so a group of elitist one percenters (who not too long ago owned slaves) can get richer is so deaf tone, I can't even...
    Luckily they are doing this without knowledge. That's good right? They don't know that cloud will dissolve.

Beaubier
    Yeah, evacuating earth is such a perfect solution for the X-Men! Why don't they just do that? Oh and all those mutants that are still going to be born into a poisoned planet and die painful deaths.. too bad for them.
    Extraodrinary X-men 1 and Storm?
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xWYFdwTiUTB...KrFKcoIfGN9=s0
    this is all there is Jean. This is all there will ever be.

And i didn't say that this is perfect solution.....................

The whole sterilization thing hasn't been mentioned at all outside a couple of lines in EXM. It's never been explained. For all we know it causes reproductive problems for mutants but has no effect on humans who give birth to mutants. I think this is just another piece of the plot that was dropped and will probably never be mentioned again.

Especially given that we're moving into a happier, gentler era and sterilizing an entire people as a side-effect of the last non-event is a teensy bit of a downer.