Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And anything solicited on Amazon isn't guaranteed to come out when Amazon says it's suppose to. I've seen a few times where that information has changed to unrealistic dates (like in 2035?) because I guess Amazon is basing their postings on very, very early (and sometimes inaccurate) information from publishers, even before the items are officially solicited.
    Agree with this 200%. One of many examples was when there was an Amazon "ghost" out there for a classic Omega Men CE reprinting the iconic '80's series - that was supposedly coming out in 2035 - ha ha; there was another ghost for a Nathaniel Dusk (DC crime noir series from the '80's) that was supposed to be coming out 20-30 years from now . Ironically, lot of these "ghosts" are for CE's I really want. Very frustrating & misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Agree with this 200%. One of many examples was when there was an Amazon "ghost" out there for a classic Omega Men CE reprinting the iconic '80's series - that was supposedly coming out in 2035 - ha ha; there was another ghost for a Nathaniel Dusk (DC crime noir series from the '80's) that was supposed to be coming out 20-30 years from now . Ironically, lot of these "ghosts" are for CE's I really want. Very frustrating & misleading.
    I think these are things that the publisher initially provides information to Amazon about as products that they initially plan to put out, and then for whatever reason those plans change (either due to a lack of sufficient interest from retailers or whatnot), so Amazon maybe just puts a really delayed date (like 2035) in case the publishers do decide to resurrect the plans again.

Fantastic Member

I got the first Ms. Tree: One Mean Mother reprint volume a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to finish reading this. But, here's a brief review of the book:

The good:

-Excellent reproduction of these issues; very nice. The quality of paper & the colors look fantastic.

-This is reprinted in a smaller, digest-size format - i.e., the dimensions aren't as big as a regular comic book. And, given the noir nature of the title, this is very appropriate. I.e., I'm reminded of those old pulp mystery novels. So, I don't mind this smaller size.

The bad:

-The covers are not reprinted. This is a shame, since the series boasted some great covers - and, since I'm a completist - not having the covers makes for an incomplete collection.

-This is a non-chronological reprinting of the series. It looks like they are mainly reprinting the later DC issues here (but that's not clear). I would have strongly preferred they started reprinting the title from the original, three-color?! issues-on.

In any case, I'm still onboard for the next volumes. I hope that the entire series is eventually reprinted, and I also hope that the covers somehow make their way into all the volumes.

I was reading Max Allan Collins blog last night and while reading his entry on the release of Ms.Tree volume 1 he mentioned there are to be five volumes and all the stories will be collected except for her crossovers with other series like the PI's mini-series. Also the story he wrote of Ms. Tree hunting for the missing famous detective will not be reprinted in these volumes because it will be collected in another collection of PI stories. I think it is suppose to be a collection of the Johnny Dynamite strips. He also said he is starting with the stories from the DC Quarterly book. He also said that the letter columns from the Ms. Tree will not be collected.