Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Was reading through Max Allan Collins blog and back in October he said that Titan Comics is planning to publish/collect Ms. Tree in several graphic novels. He did not mention any details so I assume Titan will announce this later on and I also assume it will come out under the Hard Case Crimes Comics banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Was reading through Max Allan Collins blog and back in October he said that Titan Comics is planning to publish/collect Ms. Tree in several graphic novels. He did not mention any details so I assume Titan will announce this later on and I also assume it will come out under the Hard Case Crimes Comics banner.
    Is Titan still producing any comic books under the "Hard Case Crime" imprint?

Yes. They are current doing a book by Duane Swierczynski and there are plans for an adaptation/continuation of Hitchcock's The Third Man. They just finished a series based on Mike Hammer. They usually keep 1 or 2 miniseries going at a time.

I read some of the Ms. Tree comics but not with any regularity. I'd love to be able to get my hands on that Titan collected edition if it comes out. That would be a fun read for sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

I only have the middle of the run so this would be very welcome. Good news!

I used to like Max's "i'm looking for this rare crime novel" appeals in the book.

It has not been mentioned but look like fans to know Titan Comics is soliciting the first volume of the Ms. Tree TPB for June.

It has not been mentioned but look like fans to know Titan Comics is soliciting the first volume of the Ms. Tree TPB for June.
    Actually, it looks like it will be available in July.

MS TREE TP VOL 01
    APR191969
    (W) Max Allan Collins (A) Terry Beatty (CA) Denys Cowan
    The collected casebooks of famed '80s private eye, Ms. Tree! The creation of award-winning crime writer Max Allan Collins and legendary pulp artist Terry Beatty, Ms. Tree was shocking in the '80s and remains strongly relevant today. When her private detective husband is murdered by the Muerta crime family, Ms. Tree takes over the business - and his last case - as a cold, calculating, and tough as nails PI! This first volume collects five classic Ms. Tree stories, plus the rare Ms. Tree prose story "Inconvenience Store".
    In Shops: Jul 17, 2019
    SRP: $24.99

I ordered it when I went through the Previews catalog this weekend.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fantastic Member

Great news - I just read the info. about the Ms. Tree collection. However, it looks like it's coming out in September 2019. Hopefully it won't get delayed too much.

I wonder if my creating this thread a couple of years ago had anything to do with this forthcoming collection?! Nahhhh - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    Great news - I just read the info. about the Ms. Tree collection. However, it looks like it's coming out in September 2019.
    Previewsworld currently lists it as "In Shops: Sep 04, 2019"

It appears volume 2 will be out in January.

Where is that information from?
    Amazon? Titan? Other sources?

I'm less concerned about Volume 2 coming out than I am for Volume 1 FINALLY showing up.

Fantastic Member

Really looking forward to Volume 1 of the Ms. Tree reprints; I pre-ordered from from Amazon & it should be hitting early September. This is one of my most eagerly-anticipated Collected Editions (CE's) - especially since I never thought this iconic crime drama would ever be collected.

My one concern re: Volume 1 is not the reproduction (since I think that will be decent), but concern that all the covers to the respective issues (being reprinted) won't be included. I feel that covers are an essential part of a collection, and hope they're all here.

Re: the 2nd volume is scheduled to come out in January 2020 - it's already being solicited on Amazon. However, let's not count our chickens before they're hatched - we're still waiting for the first volume's release at this point
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 08-26-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    . . . Re: the 2nd volume is scheduled to come out in January 2020 - it's already being solicited on Amazon. However, let's not count our chickens before they're hatched - we're still waiting for the first volume's release at this point
    And anything solicited on Amazon isn't guaranteed to come out when Amazon says it's suppose to.
    I've seen a few times where that information has changed to unrealistic dates (like in 2035?) because I guess Amazon is basing their postings on very, very early (and sometimes inaccurate) information from publishers, even before the items are officially solicited.