Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why are some bolded and others not?

Its a damn shame that in the 12 years since the X-men launched, they only introduced one significant female character. WTH?
    double post

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    double post
    that doesnt fit if you go back and try and apply it to all the characters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Wow, THAT took real work. I'm impressed!
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This is just amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    This is great, how long did this take you? - also, I love your dedication to this forum in general 8p

Whew!... 'Bout 3 hours or so, probably, I'll say... give or take... I think, lol. IDK for sure, it was pretty late, and there was a lotta X-referencing. I was likely a lil' muddled towards the end, TBH, lol.

And that's very nice of you to say, WheelchairX. SO good to hear, sincerely. I enjoy it MUCH here, @ the CBR X-Forum, in large part thanX to all of you fellow fans. It provides a great outlet for sharing my MASSIVE passions for the myriad of MAGnificent ... X-characters, and the Mutant mythos in general, with other individuals who feel the same. For me, they're the BEST fictional concept EVER created - they are... X-ceptional! 8D

BANNED

Why are some bolded and others not?...
    Jean Grey: Sept., 1963 (The X-Men #1)
    Polaris: Oct., 1968 (The X-Men #49)

Storm: May, 1975 (Giant-Size X-Men #1)
    Magik: May, 1975 (Giant-Size X-Men #1, as child; Uncanny X-Men #160, Aug. '82, as young adult Mutant)
    Psylocke: Dec., 1976 (Captain Britain #8; New Mutants Annual #2, 1986)
    Mystique: May, 1978 (Ms. Marvel #16; X-books thereafter)
    Aurora: Apr., 1979 (Uncanny X-Men #120)

Kitty Pryde: Jan., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #129)
    Emma Frost: Jan., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #129)
    Dazzler: Feb., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #130)
    Sage: Apr., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #132)
    Karma: Dec., 1980 (Marvel Team-Up #100; Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants, 1982)
    Rachel Grey-Summers: Jan., 1981 (Uncanny X-Men #141)
    Siryn: Apr., 1981 (Spider-Woman #37; X-Force #1, 1991)
    Rogue: Nov., 1981 (Avengers Annual #10; Uncanny X-Men #158, 1982)
    Dani Moonstar: 1982 (Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants)
    Wolfsbane: 1982 (Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants)
    Magma: Oct., 1983 (The New Mutants #8)
    Meggan: Dec., 1983 (Marvel UK's Mighty World of Marvel #7; first American appearance is in New Mutants Annual #2, 1986)
    Husk: 1984 (Rom Annual #3, and New Mutants #42 in '86, as child; X-Force & then X-Men titles, 1994, as young adult Mutant)
    Firestar: May, 1985 (Uncanny X-Men #193; transitioned from original, animated creation, on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, in Sept. '81)
    Boom-Boom: Nov., 1985 (Secret Wars II #5; X-Factor & then The New Mutants, later 80's)
    Frenzy: May, 1986 (X-Factor #4)
    Skids: Aug., 1986 (X-Factor #8)
    Jubilee: May, 1989 (Uncanny X-Men #244)

Domino: Feb., 1991 (New Mutants #98, impersonated by Copycat; X-Force #8, Mar. '92, for the real Neena)
    Monet: Sept., 1994 (Uncanny X-Men #316)
    Marrow: Sept., 1994 (Cable #15, as child; X-Men & Generation X, later 90's)
    Blink: Oct., 1994 (Uncanny X-Men #317)
    Cecilia Reyes: June, 1997 (X-Men vol. 2 #65)

Stepford Cuckoos: Nov., 2001 ( New X-Men #118)
    Dust: Dec., 2002 (New X-Men #133)
    Surge: Jan., 2004 (New Mutants vol. 2 #8)
    Laura Kinney (X-23): Feb., 2004 (NYX #3; transitioned from original, animated creation, on X-Men Evolution S3, prior to)
    Armor: Oct., 2004 (Astonishing X-Men #4)
    Pixie: Nov., 2004 (New X-Men: Academy X #5)
    Oya: Sept., 2010 (Uncanny X-Men #528)

Bold characters = who I feel, have stood out over the years, as the most significant, prominent players of the franchise. I'm trying to determine who the top 20+1 are, and this collected, chonological data was an attempt to help with that, amongst some other things... patterns, I think it shows. The first dozen or so, are pretty easy to figure out IMO, as this pic so X-pertly demonstrates:

It's the 8 or 9 after them, that require a lil' more assessment, I've found. As you can see, I've settled on adding Domino & Rachel, obviously. They're kinda no-brainers too, pretty much, I think. But also... Monet, maybe? As well as... Blink, perhaps? If so, that still leaves 5 spaces that need fillin'. Mystique likely, should be one, as much as that pains me to say it. But it is what it is, and you can't argue with her lasting impact & contribution(s). For the remaining 4, I'm leanin' towards... Wolfsbane? Karma?... The Cuckoos? And IDK... Boom-Boom?

So from fans, I would ask, what are your thoughts? Who would you include? Have I got it right so far? Did I miss listing anybody overall, and/or is there somebody else you think should be added? And just any stray observations-cum-discussions, on the info itself, are encouraged & most welcomed too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    double post
    that doesnt fit if you go back and try and apply it to all the characters
    ?...

... Its a damn shame that in the 12 years since the X-men launched, they only introduced one significant female character. WTH?
    Yep, for almost the first 2 full DECADES (from '63-'80), these 3:

... were the only game in town, and THIS picture:

... says a lot, and speaks VOLUMES.

Still, they made up for lost time, in the 80's. Starting with Kitty, Emma, & Dazz, at the cusp of what was to come.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-17-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    It's the 8 or 9 after them, that require a lil' more assessment, I've found. As you can see, I've settled on adding Domino & Rachel, obviously. They're kinda no-brainers too, pretty much, I think. But also... Monet, maybe? As well as... Blink, perhaps? If so, that still leaves 5 spaces that need fillin'. Mystique likely, should be one, as much as that pains me to say it. But it is what it is, and you can't argue with her lasting impact & contribution(s). For the remaining 4, I'm leanin' towards... Wolfsbane? Karma?... The Cuckoos? And IDK... Boom-Boom?

So from fans, I would ask, what are your thoughts? Who would you include? Have I got it right so far? Did I miss listing anybody overall, and/or is there somebody else you think should be added? And just any stray observations-cum-discussions, on the info itself, are encouraged & most welcomed too.
    You’ve definitely nailed the top dozen. As for the others, certainly Mystique and Monet, probably Boom Boom, and maybe Surge and Armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

XLADIES.jpg

80's x-women

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    XLADIES.jpg

80's x-women
    VERY, very nice, other than Storm's booty shot, I LOVE it - INSTA save!!!! Really like the stylistic graphics & design of it all. Their facial eXpressions are key also, top-notch. So, much thanX for sharin', it was greatly appreciated.

Very nice pics, HA! I especially love Jean and Lorna. And with Ororo, reminds me of the period just before Jean became Phoenix. Just those 3 X-Ladies.

BANNED

Forgot to mention, that on top of the already released PhoeniX, Polaris, Kitty, Rogue, & Dazzler, as well as the upcoming Psylocke & Storm:

... we're also getting Domino & X-23:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

... we're also getting Domino & X-23:
    [/CENTER]
    When I was younger, apparently X-23 was one of my favourite action figures- So much so that when it broke, I was so upset, that my Mum when around the country to find one. I think I still have the newer one somewhere but it's being held together by tape. I think I should get this new one
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Very nice pics, HA! I especially love Jean and Lorna. And with Ororo, reminds me of the period just before Jean became Phoenix. Just those 3 X-Ladies.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

4C734CE3-1BB5-4E87-B97F-B469CCD8B260.jpg

I've always loved this lithograph of the X-Women by Salvador Larroca and still marvel at how much characterization he was able to pack into a single image. Jean and Ororo at the forefront as the leading X-Ladies, close to each other as true best friends; Betsy away from the others, a bit of a lone warrior ready to do battle; Emma front and centre with Sage right behind her with her gun out; Rogue standing tall and proud. Definitely miss me some Larroca art on the X-books!

“The Ladies of #244”

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    “The Ladies of #244”

I love it.

Love this pic! Kind of reminds me of a mutant version of the Mary Janes from Spider-Gwen. I'd totally read an ongoing series about them.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

From the “Women of Marvel vs. Venom Symbiote” series:

There was also a Jean Grey one, but I couldn’t find it in a viewable size.