Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'd be somewhat okay with Superboy-Prime somehow but Ozymandias is kinda THE one I'd hope for. It'd be a waste if it wasn't honestly.

Much like I'm all but certain Rorschach is The Trinity of Sin Question.

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    No need for them to "Monarch" this situation. Just go with the obvious, Ozymandias.
    Agreed.
    Personally at this point I'm starting to lose interest in who he is. Knowing that we have over a year or more to wait for his identity to be revealed. Just make it Ozymandias and get it over with. Like others have said, he's probably framing Dr. Manhattan just like he did in Watchmen. DC seems pretty set on this whole thing so I can't see them pulling a Monarch and switching his identity at the last second.

He's Ozymandias. Johns included the kicker hint in the Superman run (which was admittedly clever and well-placed) when brief sightings of Oz's symbol, with a little research, proved to be nearly identical to Veidt's Nostalgia fragrance in Watchmen.

At this point I'd only be surprised if*he's revealed to be someone else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-03-2017 at 04:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Joe Quesada
    hmm. could be. but does dc have the license?

BANNED

Black Zero

Extraordinary Member

Ooh! I just had a thought. If he's not Ozymandius, I propose a second theory. Mr. Oz seems to be a figure with almost multiversal/omnipotent knowledge. Plus, he's sporting a green hooded robe. So, what if Mr. Oz is really.....

I can't remember if Pariah showed up since Flashpoint. I remember he showed up during Blackest Night, but I think that's the last we saw of him. What if he's come out of the woodwork and is trying to put everything right and return to everyone their memories of their lives going back to the Silver Age?

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think people are expecting ozymandias, with the hints and all.. that there may even be backlash if dc didn't push thru with that idea.
    yeah, your probably right about the backlash. re-reading Rebirth one shot, I think it makes it pretty clear its oz from watchmen,hints,perfume etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Just like Senator Palpatine was also Darth Sidious and John Harrison was Khan, so too will Mr. Oz turn out to be Ozymandias.
    lol yeah good comparison, and none of those stories suffered from the somewhat predictable reveal either.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    No need for them to "Monarch" this situation. Just go with the obvious, Ozymandias.
    yeah I'm with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I can't remember if Pariah showed up since Flashpoint. I remember he showed up during Blackest Night, but I think that's the last we saw of him. What if he's come out of the woodwork and is trying to put everything right and return to everyone their memories of their lives going back to the Silver Age?
    Good Guess zeeguy, and if he's not mr Oz. who knows? he may well show up when the main event gets started.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

lol Joe Quesada too funny dude!
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I hope it's not Ozymandius, despite the obviousness, predictability, and clues. I'm hoping it's someone unexpected like a New God or Captain Atom from Earth-4. Even Booster Gold and tying up his story (what's the update on him anyway? Last thing I remember is from Convergence?) would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Much like I'm all but certain Rorschach is The Trinity of Sin Question.
    You mean The Question from the Trinity of Sin, right? Not that there was some looming question unanswered from The Trinity of Sin? Anyway, unless I missed something, isn't the Question basically ancient? Well, I suppose it wouldn't matter if Prime Earth is some mini-universe Dr. Manhattan created... Are there any hints or clues that suggest it's Rorschach? Was he more violent, aggressive than the just the usual paranoid Vic Sage? Looks like some stuff I'm reading online is he was a bit more vigilanti-ish and aggressive, like Rorschach...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Ooh! I just had a thought. If he's not Ozymandius, I propose a second theory. Mr. Oz seems to be a figure with almost multiversal/omnipotent knowledge. Plus, he's sporting a green hooded robe. So, what if Mr. Oz is really.....

I don't think it's Pariah...

However... I do suspect that there's a connection between Pariah and Pandora.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That would be an excellent option!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ozymandias, unfortunately.

Or something equally lame like "Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis/During-Crisis/In Between-Crisis/Post-Zero Hour/Half Time-Flashpoint Lucy Lane".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I don't think it's Pariah...

However... I do suspect that there's a connection between Pariah and Pandora.
    same fashion consultant?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    A wild guess? "A Wild Hare."
    And I ain't just whistling Dixie, Doc.

And don't forget