Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I can't believe no one here has mentioned Steve Englehart's 1970s 'Tec run with Marshall Rogers and Walt Simonson. One of the most influential runs in the entire Batman history.

Similarly, how anyone could make a list of the best Batman runs and not mention O'Neill/Adams original Ras Al Ghul run is beyond me.
    Well it's well known that those tales are classics and have been reprinted countless times that I think the starter of this thread was asking suggestions of other underrated gems.

That's like asking to compile a list of the best rock albums and leaving off anything from the Beatles or Stones.
    Well I'd leave them off, sorry but I think they're overrated I grew up in the 80's and 90's so my tastes in music are different.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Similarly, how anyone could make a list of the best Batman runs and not mention O'Neill/Adams original Ras Al Ghul run is beyond me.

That's like asking to compile a list of the best rock albums and leaving off anything from the Beatles or Stones.
    except comics don't have the same accessibility, eminence, or global/timeless language effect as music?

(though that's becoming questionable since some of today's youth doesn't even know who the Beatles, or even Outkast, are...)

edit:
    and that isn't even considering the fact you're comparing O'Neil+Adams to the Beatles, rather than say Moore or Miller's Batman stories, and the fact you think the Stones are on the same level as the Beatles.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 02-10-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Hahaha... Beatles>>>

I love these threads cuz I have all the usual suspects on best lists but folks always mention some stuff I haven't heard of
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Miller/Moore can be Pink Floyd
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman Two-Face Face the Face Dlx out now
    Back then I liked the story, the gap after Infinite Crisis made everything look shiny and new. If you wonder where the Two-Face story went post Hush this is your book.

BANNED

Dennis O`Neil Batman: Shaman

Grant/Breygfole Batman run

Alan Davis/Barr Detective Comics run

Don Newton`s Batman run